Thanks for nothing...

Prev13
@EA_Jesse

A lot of us were excited at the prospect of having some previously unfarmable characters become available for stage 7 Cantina.
After reading the announcement I can say that " The disappointment is strong with this one".

All these toons we can already farm in hard nodes and TR has been available forever in GW shipments so that anybody who wants him can get him the easiest way, no point adding him in Cantina, he's just taking up space.

So really the feeling I had in reading this annoucement was close to disgust, two words popping up in my mind... "Thanks for nothing!"

After the huge disappointment from the Shard Shop, outrageous exchange rates, extremely limited choice of toon shards a day (6) for an irrelevant number of shards (2) without possibility of refresh making it practicaly impossible to spend the thousands shard currencies we have accumulated from "unlucky" Chromium drops, yes most that drop are the same characters so that you end up with a few maxed out and others just no dropping...

After the level 80 update fiasco where your dev team failed to coherently organize the gear leveling so that we end up with a small percentage of players who had time, knowledge, foresight and ressources to quickly pre-craft and take advantage of this gross oversight (I have to believe this wasn't intentional otherwise it would make it even worst).
This blunder has created a huge gap between haves and haves not making it practicaly impossible to compete for those who are mostly stuck in gear 8.

So there you have it, just a bad feeling overall. I still love the game enough to care about it's development thus this feedback.
I have invested a lot of real money in it so far as it permitted me to make steady and exciting progress. But lately I've stopped buying Chromiums, the drop rate seemed biased towards the same characters and we can't do much with all the unusable extra shards.

For me it's very simple, the more I enjoy a game, the more excited I feel about my progress, the more I'm willing to spend.
Right now the excitement and enjoyment keeps dropping, so is my spending.

But there is still hope, let's see what happens with the upcoming balance and guild updates.

The Force be with you!

Replies

• Options
    There's a whole new shipment store coming with guilds, I'm guessing there's gonna be at least one exclusive character coming then. Also, the new level 7 characters are exclusive to hard nodes, so I'm guessing a lot of people including me will be happy with this addition.
  • MaxiPriest
    619 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am happy for what the ea gods have bestowed!

Dear anakin, why have you royally guarded us of ani chance to see snow troopers in california... is it because of the tasks that are forever raiding your to-do lists??

I am so upset, i need to call gandhi for assistance... May he stun again!
  • Options
    ...two words popping up in my mind... "Thanks for nothing!"

Lolz
  • Options
    They move chromium toons into cantina at a steady rate, so no complaints there. Even if it's not with the big update I'm sure another one will move over soon.

I agree TR is a waste of space though, could have put a range of better toons on there that aren't so easily farmable as it is.

With regards chromiums, I've also stopped buying those months ago. Tired of getting useless shards for useless toons, much better spent on refreshes. As fun as it is opening a pack it usually ends up in disappointment, regret and fustration.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    There's a whole new shipment store coming with guilds, I'm guessing there's gonna be at least one exclusive character coming then. Also, the new level 7 characters are exclusive to hard nodes, so I'm guessing a lot of people including me will be happy with this addition.

I wouldn't be too excited about that I basically see that being mainly gold gear mats at a stunning ratio. Other than that the gears that we can't get else where. That's all I see in that.
  • Options
    For FTP players the new cantina shards are great, it takes us months to max out RG or Anakin. At least guilds are something to look forward to whales but I would agree on the oversight of the gear meaning better prepared people now have an enormous advantage
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    They are adding an update that makes more heroes viable (heroes that you bought with real money) and you don't like it? You had a broken game that strategy wasn't required, because utility heroes would get one shotted as soon as the game started. Finally they are going to address this and you complain?
    You are just salty that f2p will get their hands on RG, that's why you had to mention old news, like shardshop.
    Most people are excited to see RG, snowtrooper, Anakin in cantina.
  • Options
    Rip your thread
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options
    You are delusional - farming someone in hard modes takes ages and can barely count as farmable chars...

They are giving us two toons that will most likely be part of the new meta!
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    DUDE WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? Im excited to get RG, Anakin and Ima they are 3 really hard farms and I have been farming them for months now. This is awesome news for me I can finally push them past 4 stars quicker
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »

I wouldn't be too excited about that I basically see that being mainly gold gear mats at a stunning ratio. Other than that the gears that we can't get else where. That's all I see in that.

Pretty sure Jesse specifically said there would be shards in the new store, and that gold mats are obtainable by completing all daily challenges once you get level 80.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Very nice cantina nodes for FTP players. Less nice for medium to big spenders who were all likely hoping for a Chromium character they could max out. The names on everybody's lips have been Maul, Aayla and Fisto.

So, I'm happy to see that many will get new and popular toons. But it feels a little sad that I don't really get anything worthwhile from this since I already have it all maxed out. :-/ Something for the paying players would be cool too, you know.
  • Options
    Agree with OP on the level 8 gear changes. Obviously, the clowns mocking the OP have not reached this stage yet, so they are trolling to feel better without understanding that once they reach level 8 gear they will have to farm twice more parts than others who got them earlier and for half the price.

Considering the guild and guild exclusive content, I would recommend people to tune down their excitement because the implementation of this could be completely incompatible with the notion of mobile gaming. Guilds and guild specific content is a design that is meaningful for PC and console gaming where all players integrated the constraints to log together, play together for fix length of time, etc... But with mobile gaming, we are talking about a majority of players logging in at different times for variable duration while they have a pause at work or while they travel. So too strong constraints could get them excluded from guild activities and block their progression by parts starvation. If the devs did not have this in mind their player base and thus income might drop fast.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    Agree with OP on the level 8 gear changes. Obviously, the clowns mocking the OP have not reached this stage yet, so they are trolling to feel better without understanding that once they reach level 8 gear they will have to farm twice more parts than others who got them earlier and for half the price.

Considering the guild and guild exclusive content, I would recommend people to tune down their excitement because the implementation of this could be completely incompatible with the notion of mobile gaming. Guilds and guild specific content is a design that is meaningful for PC and console gaming where all players integrated the constraints to log together, play together for fix length of time, etc... But with mobile gaming, we are talking about a majority of players logging in at different times for variable duration while they have a pause at work or while they travel. So too strong constraints could get them excluded from guild activities and block their progression by parts starvation. If the devs did not have this in mind their player base and thus income might drop fast.

It's not like PvP guilds is a new thing in mobile gaming... It's huge. And it's rather the other way around from what you're saying. Since ppl carry their phone everywhere you can always reach them via for instance Line. When they're console or PC based, they can only be online during a window of a few hours per day.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

You posted on the wrong thread clown. The gear and guilds megathreads ain't here (and i'm against gear and guild changes too). Most people here mocking the OP because he is salty about RG and Anakin being on cantina and now f2p can have easy access to them.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    PLEASE! Explain to me again: How does a low level daily player benefit from adding 100 and subtracting 100 tokens. I still don't get it! minus one hundred plus one hundred, equals what exactly?
  • Options
    zerizut wrote: »
    PLEASE! Explain to me again: How does a low level daily player benefit from adding 100 and subtracting 100 tokens. I still don't get it? minus hundred plus hundred, equals what exactly?

It's to encourage low ranked players to log in every day to complete their 3x arena fights. Beforehand you could gain 150 tokens per day without doing anything; with the changes you'll only get 50.

In essence, EA are hoping it's another way to stimulate spending.
  • Options
    Right! So, it's just a case of corporate doublespeak? Yes? :|
  • Options
    What were you expecting?
    RG is the best tank in the game.
    Anakin is an incredibly long farm and he is one of the most underrated toons in the game.
    The only 'blunder' is Tusken Raider, but even then they tend to overlap a lot regardless so...

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • FTP_noncomplainer
    292 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Miepmorp wrote: »
    ...two words popping up in my mind... "Thanks for nothing!"

Lolz

Oooops. You was first. But for real. Reading the op ONE WORD comes to mind.

"I love this game, it's a game and I love it, that is all. Thank you for creating a game that makes me happy, a temporary escape from reality. Keep up the good work"

That concludes the ONE WORD that came to mind
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure no matter who they put in the nodes, someone will complain about it.
  • Options

im not trolling, I'm just saying the OP is complaining about something that is good news to many people. I understand the gear problem, as I only have one droid caller and 4 characters who need it. Just mocking the op for being too salty
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    What were you expecting?
    Anakin is an incredibly long farm and he is one of the most underrated toons in the game.
    The only 'blunder' is Tusken Raider, but even then they tend to overlap a lot regardless so...

And don't forget that Snowtrooper is only farmable in chromium packs. So they added a chromium hero to cantina too. Which makes me wonder what's the OP's purpose here? It's like a 10 year old crying to his mom because they bought him iPhone 6 instead of 6 plus.
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    What were you expecting?

And don't forget that Snowtrooper is only farmable in chromium packs. So they added a chromium hero to cantina too. Which makes me wonder what's the OP's purpose here? It's like a 10 year old crying to his mom because they bought him iPhone 6 instead of 6 plus.

Snowtrooper actually got a hard node at the stage 8 ds battles and he dropped from bronziums as well. But I agree with the rest, the new cantina heroes are great!
  • Options
    Nice to see that f2p and low spending players are happy with these Cantina 7 toons. That makes sense.

However for those of us that are often contemptuously referred to as whales, there's nothing to be excited about.

For some reason, many f2p players seem to resent those who chose to spend money to improve faster and unlock exclusive toons.

It's very simple, no "whales" no profit for EA, no profit, no game developments, so nothing for f2p to either enjoy or complain about.

Some have misinterpreted my comments, nowhere do I express any feelings about certain hard nodes becoming easy farms for f2p, not at all.

But for many of us that pay to play, pay to improve, pay to enjoy, pay to fund the game, there's nothing new or exciting about Cantina 7.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you don't like what they're doing, but speak for yourself. Yes, the patches/nerfs aren't perfect, but the additions to this already well built game are welcome on my part. Stage 7's shards is more than rewarding. As one of the biggest characters coming from it is RG. Which I can easily say is a huge welcome. Plus with guilds, and raids coming. There's plenty to do, and plenty to earn.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    "Two words: thanks for nothing"

lol
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    even though that's 3
  • Options
    RG will always be meta...now and forever...well, as of his last update...if they don't change him. Or render something he depends on as useless. Or if he decides to wear hot pink armor and cape. Or...Yeah.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah. Whale blah grump poooop. Blah ftp blah no whale no game. Blah blah whine. Blah blah I deserve blah blah.

Hey thanks for putting so much money in the game so that EA will provide this mostly FTP player some neat stuff. Could you put another $1000 in? I'd like to be able to farm Aayla next update.