Down with Kyrotechs!

Prev1
It's time for players to protest against how long it still takes to gear up characters. CG made it easier to obtain Stun Guns and Carbantis and then introduced another road block in kyrotechs.

New characters are coming out and then bam! You need another 100 kyrotechs just to get to gear 9. Come back to the light CG. Help the players have fun easier.

Replies

• Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    there needs to be SOME gear bottleneck

I think its nice its down to only two pieces of gear, and its something you can always hoard in advance for future toons since how common all the new toons need it

Also reduces the number of nodes you need to farm for LS/DS

though, to be fair, I also think g12->g13 purple gear was a bottleneck back when i played that wasn't pointed out as much
  • Options
    Needing kyros for G9 is annoying though
  • Miketo28
    209 posts Member
    Options
    While gearing characters from gear 1 to gear 12, the bottleneck is kyrotech. Once you start relicing the character the bottleneck is bronzium wiring and the material farmed from cantina (forgot the proper terminology).
    While you pay attention to one bottleneck, continue to work on the other one. TLDR, this game is a grind. Hopefully that grind brings joy as you progress!
  • LordDirt
    5068 posts Member
    Options
    This is a character collecting resource management game. I have thousands of kyrotechs but I could use some more relic materials. Everyone has their own bottlenecks.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    At this point stunguns and golden eye balls are basically trivial, however every toon needing 400 kyrotechs is getting out of hand imo, characters used to need 150 stun guns, but than we had a steady sorce of stun guns coming in every week, there either needs to be a new challange with 10 to 12 kyros every 3 days or more assault battles, but hey everyone here is quick to say ItS a ReSoUrCe MaNeGmEnT gAmE while they have been playjng since day one and have every toon at relic lvls lol they dont understand new people join this game all the time.
    Remember how darth revan only needed 2 sets of kyro techs? Or how old dad boba needed 1 set of kyro tech? Now every toon needs 3 to 6 sets kyrotechs just to hit gear 12 forget the infinite amount of furnacea and other gear 12+ gears needes for them
  • Options
    Or they need to add kyrotechs to more events or nodes to farm
  • Hawthorne
    107 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is everytime they make farming easier it comes at a cost to veteran players who don't need it. Just look at the changes to legendary requirements like jar jar, Bo, jkck. In the old days veteran players who knew how to manage resources could get the newest legendaries like darth revan, malak, gas, grand inquisitor, etc the first time around without dropping a dime. Ever since the easing of the gear crunch, light speed bundles, etc, it's been drop 50000+ crystals to get the latest or wait 6 months. Please don't make it even harder for us vets by easing things even more for newer players.
  • Tsfletch
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    there needs to be SOME gear bottleneck

I think its nice its down to only two pieces of gear, and its something you can always hoard in advance for future toons since how common all the new toons need it

Also reduces the number of nodes you need to farm for LS/DS

though, to be fair, I also think g12->g13 purple gear was a bottleneck back when i played that wasn't pointed out as much

Agreed. I think overall this is a better system. I understand the desire to curse kyrotech, I do it myself frequently. In the old days stun guns, carbantis and holoprojectors were equally aggravating plus adding in a slew of other purple gear. I still believe the new raid system has reduced overall rewards but being able to easily shop for the needed pieces makes up for that to a large extent. Kyros suck but they do make planned gear accumulation easier imho.
  • Options
    Put Kyros in the shard shop. Decent compromise
  • MasterSeedy
    5102 posts Member
    Options
    Small lots of Kyros in the Shard Shop might be a good idea. You can't destroy the economy, but... that might not?

I think that the better solution is to set an annual cap -- behind the scenes, players won't notice -- on the number of Kyros required across all new toons. Conquest toons, GLs, everybody.

Set that number so that the expected income is greater by whatever factor CG thinks is reasonable, and then stick to it. Then, if you play consistently, you always have to work for it, but you also always get enough in a year for that year's characters + a bit to throw on old toons and slowly bring your entire roster up.

Also, since the players don't know what that number is, it's possible that CG is doing this already. I know that I always have enough for new toons and I've made steady progress with older ones. I only have 16 toons that need a Shock Prod g12 finisher. Of course, if I don't use currency to purchase Kyros then I will fall behind the new toon requirements, so if you increase Kyro income, I won't get more Kyros per year. I'll just stop buying them and start buying something else. And that changes THAT portion of the economy.

At current rates I'm constantly stockpiling, then spilling a whole bunch each time I get a new toon. Take away the need to stockpile and what's next?

My need to stockpile is already going to decrease once I get 16 more g12 finishers (which, of course, isn't going to take THAT long). You shouldn't want to make it too easy on me.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is how an old character who came out before gyros where even released now needs it to level up. I finally got Mundi after all these years (I've been playing since the game came out) and thought it should be easy to get him to relic level becuase I have all the gear already but then see gyros are needed. Wth!
  • MasterSeedy
    5102 posts Member
    Options
    Uh, Ki-Adi-Mundi? We're talking the same character, right?

Kyros existed when KAM came out. Every g12 finisher has required Kyros since g12 finishers were invented. And I know that they were invented before anyone had KAM because those early runs to get his shards were being done with r3 501st.
  • Options
    Emtdrobert wrote: »
    What I don't understand is how an old character who came out before gyros where even released now needs it to level up. I finally got Mundi after all these years (I've been playing since the game came out) and thought it should be easy to get him to relic level becuase I have all the gear already but then see gyros are needed. Wth!

Yep, and he should be much easier to get by now. I've still got about 50 shards to go.
  • Options
    I have way more kyros hoarded than I ever did with stun guns and carbantis when they were the bottle neck. Even with already having jar jar and bo, I'm at like 1500 of each still. Was never that rich with carbs
  • JediRob78
    40 posts Member
    edited May 11
    Options
    I'm talking in terms of free to play. If you already have Jar Jar you are pay to play. I have 0 spare Kyrotechs.
  • flux_rono
    2130 posts Member
    Options
    it is annoying, but eventually it will go down. I'm down to just 12 unlocked people needing kyros to get to g12. (with 6 locked units that will need it)

• LordDirt
    5068 posts Member
    Options
    JediRob78 wrote: »
    I'm talking in terms of free to play. If you already have Jar Jar you are pay to play. I have 0 spare Kyrotechs.

Or you know how to save crystals
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lumiya
    1518 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    it is annoying, but eventually it will go down. I'm down to just 12 unlocked people needing kyros to get to g12. (with 6 locked units that will need it)

That doesn't make sense. There will always be new characters coming out...

I at least never can hoard any for the next toon, I am always out of Kyros 😅
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

I have more kyros than I can apply across the entire game
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1518 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »

I have more kyros than I can apply across the entire game

Can I have some of yours? 😜
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • scuba
    14086 posts Member
    Options
    It is almost time for them to release a new bottleneck and let the kyro flow.
  • TargetEadu
    1605 posts Member
    Options
    At this point stunguns and golden eye balls are basically trivial, however every toon needing 400 kyrotechs is getting out of hand imo, characters used to need 150 stun guns, but than we had a steady sorce of stun guns coming in every week, there either needs to be a new challange with 10 to 12 kyros every 3 days or more assault battles, but hey everyone here is quick to say ItS a ReSoUrCe MaNeGmEnT gAmE while they have been playjng since day one and have every toon at relic lvls lol they dont understand new people join this game all the time.
    Remember how darth revan only needed 2 sets of kyro techs? Or how old dad boba needed 1 set of kyro tech? Now every toon needs 3 to 6 sets kyrotechs just to hit gear 12 forget the infinite amount of furnacea and other gear 12+ gears needes for them

I do want to note - new characters definitely still need 100s of stun guns. It’s just easier to miss, because those stun guns and other pre-G12, non-Kyro gear pieces are so much easier to get.

Another advantage of Kyros being the main pre-G12 bottleneck is that there’s so many teams out there that can run perfectly well with limited (0-2) of those newer, pre-G12 Kyro characters. Traya Trio only needs Talon, NS only want Merrin, MM only needs MM and maybe Kyle, Rogue One only needs AdRad. Other teams like JKR, oSavage, or GG (minus STAP) don’t even need Kyros at all.
  • MasterSeedy
    5102 posts Member
    Options
    CLS is one of the best pre-Kyro squads.
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    CLS is one of the best pre-Kyro squads.

I think traya team too, but without talon.
  • Wrathe
    204 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This is a character collecting resource management game. I have thousands of kyrotechs but I could use some more relic materials. Everyone has their own bottlenecks.

This, was gonna say, I have over 2k Shock Prods and like 950 Computers w/ every available new farm at G11 waiting to be farmable. There's a point where you just get over the hump. Now it's mostly signal data, as the raid does a good job of keeping zinbiddle, impulse's and gyra's stocked.

R5 becomes a minimum you want a char w/ R7 being the old R5 and if they're super char's, R9 is a real possibility (Bane). I know some folks still short on Carbanti's and I've got 3k of those now, lol. You'll get there. Other than farming characters, you won't farm anything but Shock Prods anyways, spend your GET3 and GET2 on Kyro Computers and you'll be golden AND have some Bronze wiring to go w/ it.
  • TargetEadu
    1605 posts Member
    Options
    R9 is still a luxury for most rosters. Signal Data hasn’t really improved in income since release (you get ROTE, Conquest, and AB Challenge Tiers - compared to that and many more for Kyros).
  • Options
    This game is an endless runner. Completionists go there - - - >
  • BigJohnson
    22 posts Member
    edited May 12
    Options
    Uh, Ki-Adi-Mundi? We're talking the same character, right?

Kyros existed when KAM came out. Every g12 finisher has required Kyros since g12 finishers were invented. And I know that they were invented before anyone had KAM because those early runs to get his shards were being done with r3 501st.

What about savage oppress, why the heck does he require 100 shock prods, it's kind of annoying that basically EVERY character requires shock prods, I'm looking at 250 for Zorii, 250 for Captain Rex, 100 for wampa and 100 for old azz savage oppress. This is after just blowing my whole load of 400 on SLKR. It's really demoralizing. I don't even wanna look at the BAM event requirements at this point between IG11, cara dune, Greef and Mando. I have them all at gear 7 rn, now I'm terrified that I'm gonna be looking at another 400+ just to unlock BAM and need another 250.
    Edit: ok so this I did not know, that EVERY character needs 100 Kyro to go to relic, as it is a common PC for G12+. So when I hear people talk about "non-kyro characters," they actually mean "minimal Kyro characters" as in, characters that only require the 100 shock prods to go from g12 to relic. This kinda sux even more when you factor in light speed bundles, I'm totally scared of farming any older characters, as my first 4 months worth of Geos and night sisters were just wiped for $30. I want to farm newer toons that have less likelihood of being dropped for dirt cheap, but can't because of the Kyro crunch. Infuriating and frustrating.
  • TargetEadu
    1605 posts Member
    Options
    There’s always the risk of a hard-earned farm being obtained by someone just spending money. LSBs *dramatically* reduce the actual amount of money, but it’s always a possibility.