How is everyone saying they get top ten?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    While it's not necessary to be a whale to place top ten but you will probably need refreshes to climb up to the upper ranks if you fall back too far. I generally use my five free battles to hold position in the 19-10 range during the day. About an hour before payout I refresh and fight my way up as far as I can go.
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    running Dooku, rg, and 3 dps makes getting top 10 pretty easy. Boring maybe, but easy. Just about anyone can beat anyone
  • Options
    I don't run Dooku, and I see top ten. The hardest part is sniping number 1. It takes timing and a bit of luck.
  • Options
    The top players are the top players because they do what WORKS!!

There is no shame in copying them. Lest you be an uber-nerd with a degree in programming who has churned as many numbers as he/she possibly could into fancy algorithms and saw what no on else could. I'm not Dr. Burry. I'll copy the top players.

I'm sure the top players in every server are different even tho they all use Dooku. I'm pretty sure the top boys on my shard aren't completely meta - **** but all have their own way at interpreting what works on their own turf.

Yeah - their are alot of claims of '1st today' or 'regular top 5' 'soft launch', 'to noob a server' 'team instinct this team instinct that'. guess you just gotta take people's words/screenshots for it.

Don't forget their are a group of people in between f2p and the whales - the paltry pittance and shoestring crews! lol

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    I get number into the top 4 every day, it's not too hard if you have a meta team comp, and Invest some crystals. it does takes months to farm a good team, but it's super nice to get a steady refill of free crystals
  • Options
    You dont necessarily need to spend any money to get #1. Its a long grind but you can get there.

Just do 50 crystal refresh. Say i get to 11th thats 200 crystals. A 50 refresh to get me to #1 means i win 250 crystals plus more arena token
  • Options
    I think during the day people may hit inside the top ten, so they consider themselfs a top 10 team which is fine I guess, but when it's all said n done for the day they may only be in the top 20-35 or 40 and i dont know how many servers there are but everybody that is Killin it in the server I am in is going with the flow/meta:Dooku-QGJ.-SID maybe 5 Hk there is always 1 or 2 Ventress probably 20 Phasma's I seen more of her tonight. when I started I think in Dec my server was loaded F.O. squads/And Poggle was the Q.G.J. then.
    -FightinPhantom 303rd/720th Mile High City
    191568986 Ally Code
    Phightin.Phantom@gmail.com
  • Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    sWNq11p.jpg

I do what I want!

Nice!
  • Jaydela2370
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have yet to hit the number one spot. It seems the top dogs fight for it when it gets close to end time. But I'm ok knowing that I could get into the top 10. So, I'm happy with that!

https://imgur.com/a/9nA4u
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It isn't hard to win battles with most any maxed out team/toons, minus bad RNG days. The issue is not being meta or like every other opponent puts a big target on your back so your team is getting hit a lot more than those around you.
  • Options
    I'm ftp and have never been top 10, probably never will be. I'm OK with that.

I would be happy with top 100, but I've got a fair way to go before I get there.
  • Options
    @Khorvog_Karbossa I've noticed since the level cap increase it has sparked interest on our server again. What was recently easier to stay in the top 100 has become a bit more difficult without a meta or exotic team. The whales and hardcore FTP are back to "trying" again it seems...I've also noticed that when I have Doku leading the Jawas on defense I get attacked a lot less than when Lum is leading. People don't want to attack meta lol
  • Options
    Cause most of them lie :)
  • GajoNikado
    150 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    sWNq11p.jpg

I do what I want!

Q4ekL7S.png

I do it Better :P

• Options
    GajoNikado wrote: »
    sWNq11p.jpg

I do what I want!

[img][/img]TjPo9qu.png?1

I do it Better :P
    Lol! Darth Jar-Jar!
  • Options
    I run Sid/88/Poggle/86/GS on my FTP account and usually get top 10 (certainly top 20) with a refresh of 50 crystals - so 10 fights total.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    running Dooku, rg, and 3 dps makes getting top 10 pretty easy. Boring maybe, but easy. Just about anyone can beat anyone

I run one of those teams and I cannot make it. (Qgj 6*, Lumi 7*, Dooku 4*, rg 4*, gs 7* most gear 8)

If I refresh, I lost the battles. I just don't know how to defeat teams with Rey-yoda, ig88-rg-gs , maul-qgj-rg...

If I try to kill ig 88, I can't one shoot him, rg taunts, Lumi heals 88, and the madness begins...

Perhaps the fact that I'm under leveled (compared with other on my server, just look at the picture this full geared lvl 73 chars)

https://imgur.com/a/5e9HN