Client restart? -- Dev Comment

1234568Next

Replies

• Finity
    309 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi - Thanks for the technical explanation and nice to see you here.

You're welcome, and I think you'll be seeing more of me here going forward!

I'm Not Really A Jedi is in the official forums! Yaaaay!!!!

But how will I know the good side from the bad?

You'll just have to read all my comments >:D

Based on your forum pic, that corgi is from the dark side!
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    Finity wrote: »
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi - Thanks for the technical explanation and nice to see you here.

Based on your forum pic, that corgi is from the dark side!

Dude, if Corgis are Dark Side, SIGN ME UP.
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Changing the look of health bars, while simultaneously (or at least in the same day) changing damage, armor, defense, advantage and adding "protection" is a horrible idea.

"Let's change several variables related to damage and health....then make it hard to understand by changing how health displays!"

"GREAT IDEA!!! SURPRISE!!!!!!!"

Who thinks of this stuff?????

Can you please tone back the complaining all over the forums until things are full updated? that would be pleasant
    I started one thread about the Dodge sound effects - that's hardly "all over the forums".

If you wish to discuss a point, feel free to do so, if you simply want to post about posters, take it somewhere else. Can you please stop trolling? That would be pleasant.

You right "all over the forums" was a stretch and reading back my comment was a little direct/negative. I am not trolling and there's nothing wrong with posting about posters tho I admit was not done respectfully. My statement is legitimate but was very poorly executed, mainly due to an admitted level of annoyance. Not with you but generally all the complaints with the visual/game play affects. Like the devs clearly say it's going to be a 6 hour process. Yet the forums blow up with complaints about visual changes and various functions not working yet. Needless to say the lack of patience is disturbing. It just so happens, in a short time span I saw two of your seemingly over dramatic post (Sound issue and Health display) and regrettably chose to attack you. For that i do apologize.

No worries - sorry too. I was trying to be "playful" - not over-the-top complaining. Joking/sarcasm never works very well over the internet. :)

Lol yeah it usually doesn't, it is rather hard to read sarcasm lol :) Either way cheers and good luck to ya!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    Options

Pommies are the light side!

96e013fb20cea047be50350acfc8510e.jpg
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi - If the datamined protection and damage change numbers I just saw are correct, you guys are in for a long day. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    GajoNikado wrote: »
    I'm confused. The money goes for the forest or for WWF?

100% of the proceeds from the two one-time Ewok packs go directly to the World Wildlife Fund.

I do not understand why, after literally months of me and many others asking for lower-cost bundles that offer better value, you decided to finally make them available only to a small percentage of the playerbase. Especially since a charity benefits.
    Maybe there's a good reason for this. I don't know. I do remember specifically discussing this with you months ago, and seeing nothing until now. It's pretty disappointing that now that the only reasonable-priced non-starter bundles have finally arrived, they are locked out from the majority of players. Especially since a charity benefits.
    Exclusive event, fine, Android got one (though this one is very clearly better). Exclusive charity bundles? Very uncool.

From what i've been reading aren't these device specific events determined by Android and IOS. If so why does everyone keep getting frustrated at EA or CG for this. Talk about shooting the messenger,

You are right 100% but I get why Qeltar is salty about this because I was just as salty about the Android exclusives. They shouldn't do them. But,if they are going to do them, they should try to do the exclusives at the same time or at least let people know that there will be something coming. If they would have told us about the Ewok event for Apple, it would have made the complainers happy, me included. I do wish the rewards were the same with the only differences being types of characters. Android got a lot more stuff for free with the droid event (credits, level 3 ability mats, etc).

Yeah that makes sense, I wish we had some legitimate answer as to why events are device specific. "I have a bad feeling" that we will never get a transparent response to this and will remain fishy.

Another good example that sparks wonder in regards to this topic is the Poe/Phasma shards. I know there was nothing officially posted about the Phasma shards in the updates. But everyone was understanding that Android gets Poe and IOS gets Phasma. Then no Phasma for IOS came out. The official response was basically that IOS is not getting Phasma shards and people should not believe the rumors they see outside of the patch notes. Shortly after the devs responded saying they ordered food to stay late and get IOS Phasma shards. This does make one wonder exactly how much of the control is in dev's hands.

Not sure it is a matter of control, but more a matter of communication between departments. Most of these items fall under marketing. Well, perhaps there isn't enough internal communication between the marketing folks and the people in charge with informing the community. Clearly the "Marketing" folks aren't taking full advantage of the forum and EA_Jesse.

Ic, that is some interesting information. I help fix homes from natural damage for a living so clearly I don't have a lot of knowledge in the gaming developer/marketing world lol. Who hear would like to see a "day in the life" episode of EA_Jesse, a lot of people may just end up with a new found respect for all he does in a day lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Finity wrote: »

Pommies are the light side!

96e013fb20cea047be50350acfc8510e.jpg

giphy.gif
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi - If the datamined protection and damage change numbers I just saw are correct, you guys are in for a long day. :)

This is the truth.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

This is the truth.

I posted this elsewhere, but it's definitely worth posting here:
    I would encourage you all to actually PLAY the changes instead of speculating off of data-mined information.
    There is no doubt that many of these updates will change how you play. So we fully expect feedback that will result from the change of how you may or may not run your teams. THAT SAID, we recognize that players were unhappy with the previous speed meta, and this should introduce a lot more options to counter not only the previous speed meta, but create more direct counters for you to utilize.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

This is the truth.

I would encourage you all to actually PLAY the changes instead of speculating off of data-mined information.
    There is no doubt that many of these updates will change how you play. So we fully expect feedback that will result from the change of how you may or may not run your teams. THAT SAID, we recognize that players were unhappy with the previous speed meta, and this should introduce a lot more options to counter not only the previous speed meta, but create more direct counters for you to utilize.

Is 5 minutes going to be long enough to finish an arena match? It appears that MOST abilities got a damage decrease + protection (based on Datamined info which may or may not be correct), there are going to be some major turtle matches going on now.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Is 5 minutes going to be long enough to finish an arena match? It appears that MOST abilities got a damage decrease + protection (based on Datamined info which may or may not be correct), there are going to be some major turtle matches going on now.

Some might take longer, I have no doubt--but again, I think we've got a good set of counters now and it will be up to players to really take a look at who they're fighting against and create parties that directly target their opponents. :smile:

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Some might take longer, I have no doubt--but again, I think we've got a good set of counters now and it will be up to players to really take a look at who they're fighting against and create parties that directly target their opponents. :smile:

Cool. I like having options.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

This is the truth.

Sounds good. I'll help propagate this information.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@CG_NotReallyAJedi

@CG_NotReallyAJedi

In another thread we will need the most uptodate explanation of how Gw match ups are determined... ;)

Also, will GW be harder with protection?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Care to tell me what you know?

On a different note, btw there is no speed meta right now, only dodge meta ok? Speed isn't a problem and it never was. Unless it's lvl 80 Rey or Leia.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Okay fine...I guess we'll just go play... ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*