New Change - Sound Effects

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
When someone dodge's, there is no attack sound....just silence. :s

Who thought of this? If someone fires a blaster and it misses, it still makes noise. If some swings a light saber in combat, it makes noise, whether it hits or not. I realize this isn't a big deal or anything, but why even take time to change something just to make it worse??

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    the real question is: why do you play with sound on? :D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

The music dude....the music. Plus, light saber sounds are still some of the coolest sounds in history.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    lol
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

QFT. The sound of lightsabers clashing sort of gives away what you are doing when you are trying to sneak some SWGOH into a work dump.

• Options
    I wish everyone would wait until all the updates have officially been implemented before saying things are broken.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I wish everyone would wait until all the updates have officially been implemented before saying things are broken.

lol - yes, I'm sure they changed the sound effects on the dodge for part of the update...just to change it again in another piece. And I never said it was "broken" - just that it sucks. ;)

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

This game has some awesome audio.
    I wish they add a new map too, the final Darth Maul battle place specifically, with the audio that played on the background.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I was going to post on this today as well. Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.

When lightsaber-wielding heroes attack, there is a beautifully accurate sound, I've even noticed that different sabers have different pitched hums. This is brilliant, love the attention to detail.

However, the sounds simply cut off completely if one of these attacks is Dodged. Considering the current meta, it's hard not to notice. :) Anyway, was wondering if the sound guy has the sound files of the saber attack MINUS the contact of sabers (or you could leave it and we imagine that the defending unit {if it has a light saber} used their saber to parry the blow, resulting in the same sound effect as when it isn't dodged).

It's a minor thing, but there are lots of fans out here who would lover to hear those sabers sing a bit more. :)

EDIT: typos
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Yes
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oops, I searched this thread and mistakenly thought it was in the Feedback section. Sorry guys.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options

QFT. The sound of lightsabers clashing sort of gives away what you are doing when you are trying to sneak some SWGOH into a work dump.

You get my +1 for today. I just did this this morning lol