To all the complainers

2Next

Replies

• scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    @Colonal_Sanders well thanks for wishing me good luck but today I beat 4 dooku teams and a qui gon team. And anyone who puts in all tanks won't be able to win because they'll do no damage.

I think this is a strategy that will be implemented, for last battle put in a defense team of tanks hoping to run the clock out. On D they don't have to damage just stay around for 5 minutes and you lose. It took me almost a minute to kill 5's and that was 30 seconds on manual than 30 seconds on auto with my full team.
  • Options
    Top 100 is weak, I'm talking top 5, and there is no variation
  • Options
    No nerfs, just bigger numbers for under balanced characters at first. Then a number squash in a patch later... like WoW.

The initial perception when we see a mass nerf on characters that we've spent weeks grinding for is a slap to the face. This can't be understated: weeks and weeks of farming these characters to see them drop in damage/usefulness in 1 day... even if it's almost across the board ...sucks.
  • Options
    Spoony100 wrote: »
    Kingken85 wrote: »
    Spoony100 wrote: »
    Simple, you don't down-grade the stronger characters, you add options to the weaker players. This is a true way to improve strategy. This game becomes very fun if multiple teams can have success. Making certain characters stronger while making others weaker just changes the balance of power, once we figure out the best teams, we'll be in the exact same place we were yesterday, certain characters we use and certain characters we don't. Problem for EA is if they make more characters viable it doesn't motivate players to farm the "new" strong ones.

Watch St Han grow as the arena boss over the next few days. I was the first on my server in the top 100 to run with Han. I shot straight to #1. Same story with different characters.

I feel like you don't understand balance. You basically day to keep the op characters op but give the weaker ones more options? Do you know what dps means? It means a damage per second when you shorten the gap between all characters that's when balance occurs, ALL characters are now closer to dmg output, now instead of let's get 5 attackers that are fast and just kill half the team before they have a chance to go, now people will have to bring in healers, tanks supports etc. Now people are going to have to decide is certain abilities are worth more than the extra dmg, which equals more strategies and people playing different characters.

Actually I do understand balance, but thanks for the lesson. My point is they took the easy way out by just nerfing all the characters everyone had "invested" in. A more intelligent way to do it would have been to come up with ways to counter high dps players. If someone is kicking your a$$ everyday, you don't get strip them of their strength until you can compete, you have to get better! Taking such a huge step backwards is the Developers being lazy. Be innovative!

Meant no offense, a op character is exactly that OVER POWERED and ate not on the same level as other characters, characters like rey who is fast and hits so hard she can take any character with 10k health and one shot them need to be nerfed, dps dps dps you can't have someone who does twice the dps as the next character continue unchecked.
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Seriously, they act like it was better when games lasted 30 seconds and the only gameplay you get is simming LS/DS and autoing challenges. At least now the game can be played and not just placed on auto.

Wth are you on about?? YOU make it sound like simming was required. You want to play it, play it. Doesn't mean take that option away from other. Some of us don't have 5 hrs a day to spend on this game. Its called having a life
  • Options
    Since everyone seems to be whining about the update, how would YOU have brought balance to the game.

Sure they reduced health a great deal and gave only the highest gear lvl players a very small protection shield that makes healers usless do the math GARBAGE UPDATE! They forgot to nerf enemy health or attacks my lvl 71 toons get killed by lvl 49 enemies in cantina battles that have 5 times my health bar but go ahead pat them on the back for what an AWESOME job they did while your at it why don't you dump a bunch of money into the game bend over and let those money grabbing Aholes know how much you love it with no lube
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Every arena match post update has been way more entertaining and enjoyable for me. I'm happy

Seems to be more balanced. If they fix AI arena could be a blast
  • Options
    Since everyone seems to be whining about the update, how would YOU have brought balance to the game.

Sure they reduced health a great deal and gave only the highest gear lvl players a very small protection shield that makes healers usless do the math GARBAGE UPDATE! They forgot to nerf enemy health or attacks my lvl 71 toons get killed by lvl 49 enemies in cantina battles that have 5 times my health bar but go ahead pat them on the back for what an AWESOME job they did while your at it why don't you dump a bunch of money into the game bend over and let those money grabbing Aholes know how much you love it with no lube

Lmao they didn't lower health. You obviously have no idea what the update did. Do some research and come back ok.
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »
    Every arena match post update has been way more invoked and enjoyable for me. I'm happy

+1
  • Options
    Seriously, they act like it was better when games lasted 30 seconds and the only gameplay you get is simming LS/DS and autoing challenges. At least now the game can be played and not just placed on auto.

**** are you on about?? YOU make it sound like simming was required. You want to play it, play it. Doesn't mean take that option away from other. Some of us don't have 5 hrs a day to spend on this game. Its called having a life

I'm aware of that, I'm not saying that make me, I'm saying that's the easiest way to do it. Everyone sims everyone puts it on auto, but now that's changed and we can't auto anymore. I think that's good because it adds more gameplay
  • Options
    For one giving decent boosts to weak easily farmable characters so that f2p have characters to counter whales favorites. Another poster, I forget who, suggested eliminating one shotting, whican be programmed in to keep a sliver of health anytime a 1 shot would have happened. Also, maybe FIXING THE MASSIVE NUMBER OF EXISTING GLITCHES BEFORE DROPPIN A MASSIVE UPDATE THAT BROUGHT NEW GLITCHES.

More to the point, the game didn't need to be balanced as much as existing problems like character bugs, gw, etc needed to be FIXED. Then drop new content, not screw up existing content

Step into EAs shoes, this game costs money to make, so what would making f2p just as effective as p2p? Bug fixes are being worked consistently and ninja patches happen a lot. What good does 1 heath do? And what constitutes a one hit? QGJ second ability? it basically isn't just 1 hit but all the same it kills a full character worth one ability.

Do you read? The OP asked how we would BALANCE the game. I told him. Then I told him IT DIDNT NEED TO BE BALANCED. The existing content needed to be fixed. There are pages and pages of bugs that haven't been addresssed in bugs and fixes. The fix maybe five or six in a month, then drop an update that bring 20 new ones. As for your question about 1 shotting , others have expressed a dislike of that. Leaving a small portion of health allows for the possible attack from the low health toon. I personally never had an issue with 1 shotting.
  • Kingken85
    410 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @clawsofhonor Lol I am the op. Do you read? The moment you said EA needs to big f2p characters I quit reading, and if you were in the top 100 in arena you would know all about 1 shots. This game does not need to make f2p just as good as p2p that's the most annoying thing I read on the forums. There's no way 1 sliver of health would help my arena team, but this protection does end of story I know for a fact I'm not getting 1 shot by ig88 or rey or QGJ or gs