To all the complainers

Prev1
Since everyone seems to be whining about the update, how would YOU have brought balance to the game.
**Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**

Replies

• Options
    Don't screw it up...
  • Spoony100
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Simple, you don't down-grade the stronger characters, you add options to the weaker players. This is a true way to improve strategy. This game becomes very fun if multiple teams can have success. Making certain characters stronger while making others weaker just changes the balance of power, once we figure out the best teams, we'll be in the exact same place we were yesterday, certain characters we use and certain characters we don't. Problem for EA is if they make more characters viable it doesn't motivate players to farm the "new" strong ones.

Watch St Han grow as the arena boss over the next few days. I was the first on my server in the top 100 to run with Han. I shot straight to #1. Same story with different characters.
  • Options
    For one giving decent boosts to weak easily farmable characters so that f2p have characters to counter whales favorites. Another poster, I forget who, suggested eliminating one shotting, whican be programmed in to keep a sliver of health anytime a 1 shot would have happened. Also, maybe FIXING THE MASSIVE NUMBER OF EXISTING GLITCHES BEFORE DROPPIN A MASSIVE UPDATE THAT BROUGHT NEW GLITCHES.

More to the point, the game didn't need to be balanced as much as existing problems like character bugs, gw, etc needed to be FIXED. Then drop new content, not screw up existing content
  • Options
    Seriously, they act like it was better when games lasted 30 seconds and the only gameplay you get is simming LS/DS and autoing challenges. At least now the game can be played and not just placed on auto.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Without going into too much detail, I would have gone slower. This feels in general like an overreaction.
    Back in December they did this with Barriss, then promised from then on they would make small, incremental changes. This is the opposite of that, it is like a completely different game now.
    Put it this way: before everyone was running Dooku, and Dooku is now a stronger leader than before. This doesn't suggest that much was fixed, does it? :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Also for every meta character ie dooku there should be a counter character ie jkg as an example
  • Options
    Now many teams can be successful, it won't just be dooku lead with RG and a bunch of dps. This gives a chance for variety, which makes the game 1,000,000 times better. I was incredibly bored fighting the same teams over and over in both arena and GW, this update is the best one yet
  • Spoony100
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Now many teams can be successful, it won't just be dooku lead with RG and a bunch of dps. This gives a chance for variety, which makes the game 1,000,000 times better. I was incredibly bored fighting the same teams over and over in both arena and GW, this update is the best one yet

We'll see Jar Jar
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Without going into too much detail, I would have gone slower. This feels in general like an overreaction.
    Back in December they did this with Barriss, then promised from then on they would make small, incremental changes. This is the opposite of that, it is like a completely different game now.
    Put it this way: before everyone was running Dooku, and Dooku is now a stronger leader than before. This doesn't suggest that much was fixed, does it? :)
    I wouldn't say dooku is better, I think he's actually worse. He can dodge all he wants he still won't do more than tickle my fives. Speed teams stand no chance
  • Options
    They would have raised the power of all the toons they had leveled ensuring they could ohko RG with their basic attack. Then they would have nerfed the toons everyone else had. Then they would have granted gold mats for ohkos.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • scuba
    14098 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you are still gonna fight the same teams over and over in arena till the next meta is found then you will fight that one over and over.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Unfortunately you are still gonna fight the same teams over and over in arena till the next meta is found then you will fight that one over and over.

I don't think so... There's enough defense leaders to add some variety. Chewy Han phasma barriss are all going to be used a lot more now I think. And the teams will be more diverse with more viable heroes to choose from. At the very least, if it doesn't become more diverse, at least it will be different from what it was, and when that gets old it will change again
  • Options
    Spoony100 wrote: »
    Simple, you don't down-grade the stronger characters, you add options to the weaker players. This is a true way to improve strategy. This game becomes very fun if multiple teams can have success. Making certain characters stronger while making others weaker just changes the balance of power, once we figure out the best teams, we'll be in the exact same place we were yesterday, certain characters we use and certain characters we don't. Problem for EA is if they make more characters viable it doesn't motivate players to farm the "new" strong ones.

Watch St Han grow as the arena boss over the next few days. I was the first on my server in the top 100 to run with Han. I shot straight to #1. Same story with different characters.

I feel like you don't understand balance. You basically day to keep the op characters op but give the weaker ones more options? Do you know what dps means? It means a damage per second when you shorten the gap between all characters that's when balance occurs, ALL characters are now closer to dmg output, now instead of let's get 5 attackers that are fast and just kill half the team before they have a chance to go, now people will have to bring in healers, tanks supports etc. Now people are going to have to decide is certain abilities are worth more than the extra dmg, which equals more strategies and people playing different characters.
  • scuba
    14098 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

I don't think so... There's enough defense leaders to add some variety. Chewy Han phasma barriss are all going to be used a lot more now I think. And the teams will be more diverse with more viable heroes to choose from. At the very least, if it doesn't become more diverse, at least it will be different from what it was, and when that gets old it will change again

I agree and that is what has happened and will happen. Big changes will change the meta but most will still follow suit.

BTW I hope I am wrong and you are right but just don't really still see it happening.

Rey can still one shot, not as often or most likely on first move, but can still do it. RG still auto taunts just takes longer to get there. Daka still revives and actually has a chance to run active revive multiple times now.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I wouldn't say dooku is better, I think he's actually worse. He can dodge all he wants he still won't do more than tickle my fives. Speed teams stand no chance

Good luck getting in enough hits on the dooku team. Add a bunch of tanks and every match will time out and he just laughs his way to the top
  • Options
    Very simple. If you want to make battles last longer, buff the health. This protection mechanic needs to go. Namely because of how bad GW is going to be
  • Options
    Seems like this makes it so only one type of team can be successful, tanks tanks and more tanks. Anything to last 5 mins. Certainly eliminates ur high damage low hp toons.
  • Options
    Kingken85 wrote: »
    Since everyone seems to be whining about the update, how would YOU have brought balance to the game.

Take care of the Younglings first and then send all the ea designers and developers to Mustafar to await my apprentice.

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Doing what they said they were going to do would have been perfect:

Lower the high damage speed characters and raise the slower ones damage up
  • Options
    For one giving decent boosts to weak easily farmable characters so that f2p have characters to counter whales favorites. Another poster, I forget who, suggested eliminating one shotting, whican be programmed in to keep a sliver of health anytime a 1 shot would have happened. Also, maybe FIXING THE MASSIVE NUMBER OF EXISTING GLITCHES BEFORE DROPPIN A MASSIVE UPDATE THAT BROUGHT NEW GLITCHES.

More to the point, the game didn't need to be balanced as much as existing problems like character bugs, gw, etc needed to be FIXED. Then drop new content, not screw up existing content

Step into EAs shoes, this game costs money to make, so what would making f2p just as effective as p2p? Bug fixes are being worked consistently and ninja patches happen a lot. What good does 1 heath do? And what constitutes a one hit? QGJ second ability? it basically isn't just 1 hit but all the same it kills a full character worth one ability.
  • Options
    @Colonal_Sanders well thanks for wishing me good luck but today I beat 4 dooku teams and a qui gon team. And anyone who puts in all tanks won't be able to win because they'll do no damage.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    I would of fixed the source of the issue instead of adding more useless crap and changing the games fundamentals around.

Source of issue--> Armor vs Damage ratio obviously. Where are the rocket scientists to point this stuff out when we need them??
  • Options
    I was complaining about the update, then my mom yelled down to me "it's just a game!!"
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options

+1
    I have placed rank 1 at payout since update with my normal arena team I've been using for 2 months now.
    QGJ/Annie/Yoda/Lumi/dooku
    But now I feel I can actually change my team up and use the secret team I've been working on for awhile now. It'd be a complete squad change so I'm stoked. I like the update and have never hated on a dooku or phasma or Poe user. The meta will change again and I'll be okay with farming for the new people I will want to use then. But for now, I like the change and it was needed.
    Mind everybody has been complaining and asking for a change for so long now
  • Options
    Very simple. If you want to make battles last longer, buff the health. This protection mechanic needs to go. Namely because of how bad GW is going to be

Your enemy's don't get the buff btw, arena battles would last forever if the health was doubled, at least once protection is gone it can't be replenished, it does exactly what is suppose to, allowing that extra bit of heath to allow for one turn before death.
  • Options
    GOfish52 wrote: »
    Seems like this makes it so only one type of team can be successful, tanks tanks and more tanks. Anything to last 5 mins. Certainly eliminates ur high damage low hp toons.
    You have to win to move up in the ranks and you can't win with only tanks, you won't do enough damage. I think people will have to find a balance between tanks and dps, that's what I did
  • Options
    Now instead of arena battles taking 1 minute they take 4:45 with the chance of it ending in a draw. Balance? It just swung from one end of the spectrum to the extreme opposite.
  • Options
    Kingken85 wrote: »
    Spoony100 wrote: »

I feel like you don't understand balance. You basically day to keep the op characters op but give the weaker ones more options? Do you know what dps means? It means a damage per second when you shorten the gap between all characters that's when balance occurs, ALL characters are now closer to dmg output, now instead of let's get 5 attackers that are fast and just kill half the team before they have a chance to go, now people will have to bring in healers, tanks supports etc. Now people are going to have to decide is certain abilities are worth more than the extra dmg, which equals more strategies and people playing different characters.

Actually I do understand balance, but thanks for the lesson. My point is they took the easy way out by just nerfing all the characters everyone had "invested" in. A more intelligent way to do it would have been to come up with ways to counter high dps players. If someone is kicking your a$$ everyday, you don't get strip them of their strength until you can compete, you have to get better! Taking such a huge step backwards is the Developers being lazy. Be innovative!
  • Options
    After the update, in my server at least, there was a night sister team, an ewok team, a first order team, and an empire team all in the top 100. I hope this continues and all the people still running dooku just haven't updated their squad yet. It's nice not seeing the top 100 comprised of 60 dooku's 30 qui gons and 10 poggles
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    After the update, in my server at least, there was a night sister team, an ewok team, a first order team, and an empire team all in the top 100. I hope this continues and all the people still running dooku just haven't updated their squad yet. It's nice not seeing the top 100 comprised of 60 dooku's 30 qui gons and 10 poggles

There are other options but Dooku lead postupdate is only better.