Amazing update, Kuddos devs, game is finally open to more possibilities

Replies

• Sir_Whooty
    518 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera @CG_Method

Thank you very much for this MUCH needed update.

Finally we will stop seeing those same stupid formations.

this update has made a ton of new possiblities viable.

This is BY FAR the best moment of EA/CG in this game.

The only thing i would say is i cant wait for raids to come out to be able to get my chars to gear9 as some precrafters already did (and have a true advantage now)

Thanks a lot!!!

Sure they reduced health a great deal and gave only the highest gear lvl players a very small protection shield that makes healers usless do the math GARBAGE UPDATE! They forgot to nerf enemy health or attacks my lvl 71 toons get killed by lvl 49 enemies in cantina battles that have 5 times my health bar but go ahead pat them on the back for what an AWESOME job they did while your at it why don't you dump a bunch of money into the game bend over and let those money grabbing Aholes know how much you love it with no lube

Dude if your lvl 71 toons are getting killed by lvl 49 enemies you need to gear them or something...I'm having no problems in the cantina farming Barriss with my lvl 65 First Order squad. (I don't always sim, takes the fun out of it.) Healing is the same as it's always been, 50% or yellow. Heck I was running through the Arena just fine with 2 minutes to spare and I only have 2 7* level 70 heroes. The rest are lvl 65 except Rey. And they were all lvl 70-71 7*. Unless you're just being a drama queen for the sake of it.
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Ace5 wrote: »
    Nice to see someone is enjoying playing the game post update. You seem to be the minority.

All the angry posts are from people that went from having fun to hating the game. It's natural to be angry with a change you don't like.

I don't like the patch but I'm waiting a week or so to feel it out and make my final decision. Maybe you should give it time before calling it "awesome" we don't know what this holds at level 80, how arena will be or how GW will be in a week or a month. This update could be terrible at 80 or fantastic.

Ps - the dooku, RG, GS, Rey combo is still plenty viable in arena. Meta has not shifted from what I see. Maybe it will as people gear their other toons

The reason people don't like it is because up to this point f2p and whales were basically the same. You could both get first at your arena payout, you could both finish GW with ease and finish any challenges. Not much separated the two at that point in the game.

So now, people who have this expectation of being equal, are no longer equal. For people who have spent thousands in the game, we finally get some separation. Up to that point it feels like the money has been wasted...

So, I don't think it's a surprise that people with larger rosters can finally experiment successfully and do some more things in the game.

I don't think "5 toons" will cut it anymore.

Ahhhhhhhh! The truth comes out. The wittle whale was upset the fishes could compete with him. Predictable.

I have to say. That was a disgusting post barrok. This is basically a thread full of big spenders happy that they can have a bigger e peen

Lol exactly with the e peen
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options

The only thing i would say is i cant wait for raids to come out to be able to get my chars to gear9 as some precrafters already did (and have a true advantage now)

Thanks a lot!!!

Sure they reduced health a great deal and gave only the highest gear lvl players a very small protection shield that makes healers usless do the math GARBAGE UPDATE! They forgot to nerf enemy health or attacks my lvl 71 toons get killed by lvl 49 enemies in cantina battles that have 5 times my health bar but go ahead pat them on the back for what an AWESOME job they did while your at it why don't you dump a bunch of money into the game bend over and let those money grabbing Aholes know how much you love it with no lube
    Haha, love it :) It's pretty obvious that someone just really wants that money. Especially, if you took their survey the other week.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    I hate this update due to the way it's changed my style of play. It's made GW and challenges actually challenging. No more auto set and forget as it doesn't guarantee success. Sad that I cannot blitz through GW with one team.

BUT

I love that it's removed OHKO, RNG isn't bad anymore, speed+dps has been nerfed.
    Dooku and QGJ teams are easy to beat now. Will probably see the return of Droid, Phasma, Poggle & Daka teams. Far out, it's sort of fun again for awhile.

Well done!!!
  • Options
    ubn87 wrote: »
    Nice to see someone is enjoying playing the game post update. You seem to be the minority.

All the angry posts are from people that went from having fun to hating the game. It's natural to be angry with a change you don't like.

I don't like the patch but I'm waiting a week or so to feel it out and make my final decision. Maybe you should give it time before calling it "awesome" we don't know what this holds at level 80, how arena will be or how GW will be in a week or a month. This update could be terrible at 80 or fantastic.

Ps - the dooku, RG, GS, Rey combo is still plenty viable in arena. Meta has not shifted from what I see. Maybe it will as people gear their other toons

The reason people don't like it is because up to this point f2p and whales were basically the same. You could both get first at your arena payout, you could both finish GW with ease and finish any challenges. Not much separated the two at that point in the game.

So now, people who have this expectation of being equal, are no longer equal. For people who have spent thousands in the game, we finally get some separation. Up to that point it feels like the money has been wasted...

So, I don't think it's a surprise that people with larger rosters can finally experiment successfully and do some more things in the game.

Ahhhhhhhh! The truth comes out. The wittle whale was upset the fishes could compete with him. Predictable.

I have to say. That was a disgusting post barrok. This is basically a thread full of big spenders happy that they can have a bigger e peen

Eh, say what?

Pretty simple. He said the reason that he likes it is he finally gets separation from f2p. On the contrary, I think the fact that a f2p could compete with the whales was one of the best parts of this game. Some people just can't abide not being able to buy their way to the top and still have free players compete
  • Options
    I think it's been the whales who have been up in arms the most
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Alita wrote: »
    yup, this update has introduced a lot of options to previously stale combat.

I'm a guppy... Less than $20 spent (months ago)... I like the update. Grow up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »

Not these ones sadly. We need more that aren't wearing rose colored glasses
  • Options
    I'm ftp and love the update. I didn't get through GW today for the first time in a month. That's a good thing! Challenges shouldn't be easy, they should be... what's that word again? Challenging!

The update shows what I have to work on and I can start developing new strategies.

Will I get through GW tomorrow? Who knows, but I'll have fun trying.
  • Options
    I've seen people claiming to be whales demanding refunds. Regardless, even if it were true that people who spend money on the game (I have spent over $100 myself) are more acceptable it doesn't really lend to much, especially considering that people who don't spend any money on the game at all try to offset it by making lots and lots of posts. $100 vs 950 Posts? lol
  • Options
    I'm hoping I make it through lol need them credits
  • Options
    Why isnt this in general comments @warmonkey1024
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

Disgusting lol. We have different views on disgusting. I am pretty excited I get to use characters I spent oodles of money on. Why is that disgusting? It's not my fault the devs made a game that was centered around 5 characters. If you paid for a Ferrari and they put a governor on it so it could only go up to 40 mph, would you be happy? I think you would be ecstatic when they removed it.

I feel the same. I am not happy F2p is going to have a tougher time, I am happy that I have separation... that what I spent money on finally has some value... even if it is only theory crafting and still going back to the same 5 characters.

If you don't see why this update can be exciting for some people, I can't help you. I can see why it can make people unhappy, and it's understandable. But from my view, the changes make the game better.
  • Options
    That's the polar opposite of the majority of the whales crying that the toons they spent oodles on got nerfed. Minus the Ewok pack I'm FTP, and I'm glad I cared more about a deep roster than 5 toons lol. Paying only gets you a head start, that's what you pay for. Given time the only separation you'll have is the Chromium exclusives like a 7* Maul. But even chromiums find their way into the farmable nodes eventually.
  • Miyugai
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Absolutely agree with the OP. With the update there should be a lot of different viable comps. Also, the game became much more strategic, you have to decide who to stun, ability block, or whatever, and also now cooldowns will matter, as you may get to use abilities for a second or even third time. I think its a big improvement from just doing as much damage as you can as fast as you can.
    I could be wrong though. Also it may be necessary to add 1 or 2 minutes to arena to prevent stalling teams. We will need a week or two to see how meta develops.

Thank you devs, I think this update is a step in the right direction
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »

Not these ones sadly. We need more that aren't wearing rose colored glasses

Most probably aren't as knowledgeable re: the game as us.

Anyhow... this patch is the best thing SWGOH has seen thus far. This is a good day to be CG.
  • Options
    Gavstar wrote: »
    I hate this update due to the way it's changed my style of play. It's made GW and challenges actually challenging. No more auto set and forget as it doesn't guarantee success. Sad that I cannot blitz through GW with one team.

BUT

I love that it's removed OHKO, RNG isn't bad anymore, speed+dps has been nerfed.
    Dooku and QGJ teams are easy to beat now. Will probably see the return of Droid, Phasma, Poggle & Daka teams. Far out, it's sort of fun again for awhile.

Well done!!!

The challenges are challenging huh? What **** came up with that idea? The whole point of a challenge is for it to be impossible for you to lose, everyone knows that! (Sarcasm)
  • Weezy34
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Ironically, the one thread about the update they didn't hide inside the mess of a mega thread they are putting all the negative threads...
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Agreed. Seems like mostly good stuff. I'm a little concerned about Yoda...but maybe he was just having a tough night. ;)

Yeah Yoda got hit pretty hard, I found him still fit his roll and be very useful. But I do miss those 7k crits
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I reserve judgment until I see all these new interesting possibilities in actual fights.
    Right now, Dooku+RG+3DPS is even more powerful than it was before and all I see on my shard.

Yup i think some tank toons like han, fives, and even chewie might get some more run but RG, rey and GS are still going to cover arena

My fives is straight up Odog

This makes total sense to any rational person.

I'd even go a step further and say those who have spent upwards of a few hundred should have a noticeable edge, at least moreso than it is at the moment.
  • Options

Thanks a lot!!!

Agreed, good update +1 :smile:
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I reserve judgment until I see all these new interesting possibilities in actual fights.
    Right now, Dooku+RG+3DPS is even more powerful than it was before and all I see on my shard.

Just my experience, but my Jedi squad had a much easier time against these combos tonight. Normally I'm a little selective in who I attack because I don't feel like loosing a battle due to RNG. But today it was straight up attack the lowest possible rank. Even if they had 2k power advantage from gear pre-crafting it was a walk in the park. I think the worst RNG battle I had 3 guys full health in the end. Another difference is that the battles did take longer. I had one with Rex lead, Fives, QGJ, Yoda, RG. Took 50 sec of auto attacking to kill Fives and only had 8 sec left in the battle lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Thanks for creating a positive thread. I think the update is great. I like change. Already there are several different team compositions in my ladder's top twenty - was all dooku and QGJ yesterday. I was a Dooku GS team and now I get to play my droids again, taking the top spot without losing half the team before they get to move (and IG-100 is much better now - he seems kinda awesome).
  • Options

My answer to your question is I want it to remain on the main page.

I am not being rude. If you look around general discussion, there are many negative posts regarding the patch which I did not merge with the general comment megathread. I like the patch, a lot, and I just want to leave a single post on the main page that shows appreciation towards the amount of work that was put into this patch.

I've been playing since soft launch. (September, 2015) The original meta was all about defense. Characters were hitting for 800~1000 and with Barriss as leader you are basically invincible. The first combat update completely changed the game's battle mechanic. Damage was scaled up drastically. AOE dealt same amount of damage. With Sidious as leader, everyone ran 5 AOE characters and not a single team lasts more than a minute. Things got better when the game was released globally, although damage was scaled down but defense is still useless.

After 7 months of playing this game, I think CG finally found the balance between damage and defense with this patch. Defense actually matter now, you don't have to worry about slower characters being one shot by Rey/GS. Dodge becomes less valuable because "You miss, you lose" is no longer true.

The "Strategy" aspect of the game has never been more important. You need to understand your opponent's team and actually figure out what kind of utility you should bring to the fight. Challenges are actually challenging as every move could make or break your team.

I can't understand people complaining about fights being longer, certain characters became "weaker". The only way to encourage diversity in teams, is to eliminate the ability to one hit KO and improve the survivability of slower characters. We wanted diversity, and CG delivered. This is a great patch imo, and the best one yet.

But I am in no way invalidating opinions that does not align with mine, that's why we have the megathreads, so the developers can better go through people's concerns about the current state of the game.

But ****, I merged a tons of threads and I am not getting paid for it. I get to have this one post on the main page where I can look at occasionally, among all the negativity, that some people actually think this patch is great too. I think I deserve that.

/rant

Seriously people use the megathreads.
  • Al_Tiz
    58 posts Member
    Options
    The game is finally fun again, thanks devs. Don't change a thing, the detractors will get over their initial reactions and start enjoying themselves when they level and gear up their toons, all anybody cares about is winning, they're just complaining because they can't win as much and actually have to put in the effort to succeed.
  • Options

I am not being rude. If you look around general discussion, there are many negative posts regarding the patch which I did not merge with the general comment megathread. I like the patch, a lot, and I just want to leave a single post on the main page that shows appreciation towards the amount of work that was put into this patch.

I've been playing since soft launch. (September, 2015) The original meta was all about defense. Characters were hitting for 800~1000 and with Barriss as leader you are basically invincible. The first combat update completely changed the game's battle mechanic. Damage was scaled up drastically. AOE dealt same amount of damage. With Sidious as leader, everyone ran 5 AOE characters and not a single team lasts more than a minute. Things got better when the game was released globally, although damage was scaled down but defense is still useless.

After 7 months of playing this game, I think CG finally found the balance between damage and defense with this patch. Defense actually matter now, you don't have to worry about slower characters being one shot by Rey/GS. Dodge becomes less valuable because "You miss, you lose" is no longer true.

The "Strategy" aspect of the game has never been more important. You need to understand your opponent's team and actually figure out what kind of utility you should bring to the fight. Challenges are actually challenging as every move could make or break your team.

I can't understand people complaining about fights being longer, certain characters became "weaker". The only way to encourage diversity in teams, is to eliminate the ability to one hit KO and improve the survivability of slower characters. We wanted diversity, and CG delivered. This is a great patch imo, and the best one yet.

But I am in no way invalidating opinions that does not align with mine, that's why we have the megathreads, so the developers can better go through people's concerns about the current state of the game.

But ****, I merged a tons of threads and I am not getting paid for it. I get to have this one post on the main page where I can look at occasionally, among all the negativity, that some people actually think this patch is great too. I think I deserve that.

/rant

Not very objective. Way to schill.
  • Options
    @ottomaddux

I've merged many other positive threads into the megathread, and left many negative ones alone, in case you are wondering. =)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »

/rant

Not very objective. Way to schill.

Oh geeezzzzz, that is what you got out of that? One thread with 20 posts versus the countless hundreds (maybe more now) of negative posts. Man, this forum can be so toxic at times.
  • Options
    This is a great update. Makes things more challenging, forces you to find new ways of playing and the protection is an incentive to try new combos and synergies without rendering your favorite toons useless (Rey, GS and other fast dps)

Now I just cannot wait for the next update with guilds and raids! Finally this game is starting to be interesting.
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    @warmonger
    You say you feel this might be the best patch yet, that might even be true, the previous patches weren't anything to marvel at.
    As far as bringing the defense back, there was a reason they amped up the damage in the first place. People thought it was too defensive. they completely surpassed that. Timing out in the arena is worse than being one shotted, When you are one shotted you know you can build characters that can win for you. When your best teams don't come close to producing enough damage to get close to ending the match there is nowhere to go from there.
    As far as diversity, that is always an illusion. All a shift in meta does is negate all the time you have been playing and building your team. Only whales have enough toons unlocked to completely switch up their lineups as necessary. What always happens is people just find the five new best toons for this meta and copy everyone else. Unless every toon is 100% equally matched there will never be diversity. People want to win and will play the every small edge they can find.