Nice idea regarding protection but I'm literally exhausted!

Skye
795 posts Member
I kinda like the fortitude changes... but after spending literally what seemed like two hours just doing ten arena battles... I'm exhausted!

It's a very fine balance the devs are trying to ...ahem... balance fun, fairness and timing of games...

Right now because matches take so long.. arena fights have increased on average 100 seconds to around 3 minutes 30 seconds for me.. almost doubling the match times it takes me to complete a fight (if using my high damage dealers, a lot longer if I switch them out for someone with less damage)... when I multiply this across every thing I do in game the GW, arena fights and challenges.. I find I can not really devote that much time to a single mobile game!

The challenges take a little longer cause of the multi stage nature of them... the arena and GW alone I'm looking at close to 90 minutes! The only thing I think can be done is to speed up the animations if at all possible.

2 hours a day on a mobile game is probably way too much for me... and that's not counting the potential for guild and future events...

Like I said too exhausted to think right now... gonna see how it is tomorrow but we'll see...

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• Options
    I think this is a sensible argument that I hope does not get lost in all of the crybaby "I quit" threads.

I agree, the changes are for the better but there is a fine line between how time consuming a mobile game should be. I appreciate the depth they are trying to create but the fun really is being **** out a little much.
  • pnutbutter
    550 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    pnutbutter wrote: »
    I think this is a sensible argument that I hope does not get lost in all of the crybaby "I quit" threads.

I agree, the changes are for the better but there is a fine line between how time consuming a mobile game should be. I appreciate the depth they are trying to create but the fun really is being **** out a little much.

**** = s.u.c.k.e.d... Can't believe that's censored
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Fully agree. A similar thing happened with the FIFA franchise last year. I played FIFA 15 relentlessly and the entire pvp game was pace and long balls, essentially speed. No real skill was required, but more whoever had the fastest striker won the match because they had the chance to score. This was changed in FIFA 16 when they slowed down the pace aspect of the game and dealt more with passing. However, the AI passed forever and never made any offensive advantages.

Needless to say, I haven't played FIFA 16 since October because it was just too boring to play. Nothing eventful happened that often, and it felt more like a chore. It seems like a very similar trend with this new update, and if things don't change, it'll end up a lot like FIFA 16.

BTW the FIFA games are run by...you guessed it...EA
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I like the changes but yes...it takes too long to finish the stuff...Want it to be a casual mobile game. Most of the games I was playing on phone made me quit by becoming way to time consuming :neutral:
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Fully agree. A similar thing happened with the FIFA franchise last year. I played FIFA 15 relentlessly and the entire pvp game was pace and long balls, essentially speed. No real skill was required, but more whoever had the fastest striker won the match because they had the chance to score. This was changed in FIFA 16 when they slowed down the pace aspect of the game and dealt more with passing. However, the AI passed forever and never made any offensive advantages.

Needless to say, I haven't played FIFA 16 since October because it was just too boring to play. Nothing eventful happened that often, and it felt more like a chore. It seems like a very similar trend with this new update, and if things don't change, it'll end up a lot like FIFA 16.

BTW the FIFA games are run by...you guessed it...EA

EA = Enough Already.....
  • Options
    It's difficult to say what they should do. I believe the patch will create a greater diversity in the arena but holy smokes, if someone has 20 7* gear 8+ toons and can only complete the daily challenge at a 33% clip, I can't even phathom what the dark side hard nodes will be like.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    pnutbutter wrote: »
    It's difficult to say what they should do. I believe the patch will create a greater diversity in the arena but holy smokes, if someone has 20 7* gear 8+ toons and can only complete the daily challenge at a 33% clip, I can't even phathom what the dark side hard nodes will be like.

I already regret leaving my LS 8-D hard node untouched...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Holy smoke! I'm doing the tank challenge and on the first stage I've already spent five minutes just getting three jedi guardians down to half health! This is NOT fun and unjustifably too long!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!