Game is about speed and damage again.

2Next

Replies

• Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    I think many of you are viewing things from a single angle. Yes some speed toons are still valuable, but they only get about 4k+ shield whereas a tank gets like 20k shield on top of their already beastly 20k + hp. It is still way too early to tell how this will affect the meta. Since tanky toons have twice/thrice the overall hp of toons like rey, it might not make sense that their damage remains the same.At least that's what I think. Maybe the nerfs to damage have to do with gear XII and modifiers at level cap, I do not know. But I do know this, this is waaaaay too early to make a judgement.
  • Options
    I can see the difference in a few toons. Obviously some of the stronger attackers are still strong. Changes were intended to allow both teams to get a turn first. Then the best synergy wins.

Protection probably isn't the way I'd have gone, especially since it only kicks in at gear 7 making mid level GW players even more PO'd than they already were.

The problem, from day 1, is that at a certain level, no stats scale linearly anymore. The gap between health, damage, and defense was destroyed, and instead of resolving the issue in stats they used protection as a means to split health into recoverable and unrecoverable portion while greatly reworking toons base stats, which weren't a problem at all if they even used those toons below level 70.
    @Valent_Antona I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on this. By a linear scale, I am assuming as a simple and crude example that an average character has 100 health and 100 damage, another gets 50 health but 150 damage, and a third gets 150 health and 50 damage. Am I understanding you correctly? If so, that seems like an impossible task to pull off when all of the variables are considered.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    I can see the difference in a few toons. Obviously some of the stronger attackers are still strong. Changes were intended to allow both teams to get a turn first. Then the best synergy wins.

Protection probably isn't the way I'd have gone, especially since it only kicks in at gear 7 making mid level GW players even more PO'd than they already were.

The problem, from day 1, is that at a certain level, no stats scale linearly anymore. The gap between health, damage, and defense was destroyed, and instead of resolving the issue in stats they used protection as a means to split health into recoverable and unrecoverable portion while greatly reworking toons base stats, which weren't a problem at all if they even used those toons below level 70.
    @Valent_Antona I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on this. By a linear scale, I am assuming as a simple and crude example that an average character has 100 health and 100 damage, another gets 50 health but 150 damage, and a third gets 150 health and 50 damage. Am I understanding you correctly? If so, that seems like an impossible task to pull off when all of the variables are considered.

More of what I'm referring to is lets say the overly simplistic formula for damage is

Damage power = attack power * (1+crit) + armor pen - (opponent defense + armor);

That's a linear formula. It scales with attack power and scaled down by opponents defense. If attack power is increased by the same amount for every level, and likewise defense power, then basic attacking should be the same for every level, it just takes more or less depending on the toons stats.

What it appears is that defense and attack power doesn't necessarily scale linearly from level to level. You see toons with the ability to dish out 6k+ damage but only able to fend off attacks of a much lower number than when the toons were at say level 40 instead of level 70.

I know this is overly simplistic but that's the general idea. It just doesn't seem to scale in a linear fashion at all levels, whichever method they were using to calculate damage.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    seen a few leaders, HK was still big and giving the Jedi team fits. QGJ isn't gone. Saw a Few Bariss. Phasma like you said.

It's early man. If they are going to make this a semi raiding game with guilds it's going to take some time. Hate on them come this time May :)
    CPMP wrote: »
    Like the titles says. I don't understand how this update was to bring balance to slow heroes. If pre-update bringing slow heroes, like Stormtrooper and Boba fett, was not an option, now it's even worse! Especially now that RG is twice as hard to die. And now, these heroes are also pretty much useless in challenges and GW. Enemies eat up your protection and your attacks doesn't even hurt them. Slow heroes became worse.
    This game used to be high speed and damage, now it's also high speed and damage, minus the one shots. What's the purpose to bring a slow/low damage hero in game now, if a fast hero does 25k damage in 3 turns, while your slow hero does 3k and takes only 2 turns?? Is that balance?
    This update not only didn't change anything, but it broke what was working too.

You've been pretty much pro-OP the whole time. now that they took out the one-click-kill option, you've got your female underwear in a knot... You my friend are the typical 'I love it when it's broken, but hate it when it's fixed' person that shouldn't even be posting on the forums, let alone the interwebs. Get your head out the clouds buddy, the update is a good thing! It's going to open so many doors down the line. The previous version would've hit a dead end in the near future, in regards to simply being to boring eventually.

Please take the time to enjoy what's been done, look past the visuals & get into the beauty of what the game has become. It's no longer brain numbingly monotone... It now has depth!

Or I can always get you a tissue...
    tumblr_inline_o2isxxt8R71t02r2r_500.gif
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    deleted
  • Options
    ! Assaj and ig88 actually get to take a turn before they are vaporized? Speed down, defense up, and heal immunity are actually useful now? Healers get to heal? Support gets to buff/debuff? What's not to like? Phasma'so speed down AOE can actually be used now. Before the update you got a chance to use one special, debug for one turn , and the match was over. There will be a lot more strategy involving support characters like Assaj and phasma. The OHK characters are now just damage. Once they make their attack you are free to debuff, ability block, stun, and either kill them or focus another character while they are down.

+1 Exactly this. Today I finished 1st with Phasma (L), St Han, FOTP, GS and Poggle. Before this update I NEVER would have been able to use Han. He would get one-shot even before his taunt. And I got use Poggles special twice, Phasmas Aoe AND Victory March. I love it. You get to utilize the full toolbox on every character and find synergies that work. I for one prefer that to speed and dps.

And I also think it's very refreshing to experiment with different toons and line-ups, I think we will se a lot more variation now. For those who like to be creative, that is.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    ! Assaj and ig88 actually get to take a turn before they are vaporized? Speed down, defense up, and heal immunity are actually useful now? Healers get to heal? Support gets to buff/debuff? What's not to like? Phasma'so speed down AOE can actually be used now. Before the update you got a chance to use one special, debug for one turn , and the match was over. There will be a lot more strategy involving support characters like Assaj and phasma. The OHK characters are now just damage. Once they make their attack you are free to debuff, ability block, stun, and either kill them or focus another character while they are down.

+1 Exactly this. Today I finished 1st with Phasma (L), St Han, FOTP, GS and Poggle. Before this update I NEVER would have been able to use Han. He would get one-shot even before his taunt. And I got use Poggles special twice, Phasmas Aoe AND Victory March. I love it. You get to utilize the full toolbox on every character and find synergies that work. I for one prefer that to speed and dps.

And I also think it's very refreshing to experiment with different toons and line-ups, I think we will se a lot more variation now. For those who like to be creative, that is.

Unless someone is using RG I'm still killing the same toons before they move that I was before the update. The only difference is that it take two moves instead of one.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Unless someone is using RG I'm still killing the same toons before they move that I was before the update. The only difference is that it take two moves instead of one.

^^ this exactly
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection