I was really worried about Protection in GW.. here's my verdict after my first run (with tips!)

2Next

Replies

• Old_Tallen
    385 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    One squad. Barris, Lumi, Daka, Dooku, JC.

I ran Barris, Lumi, Rey, Qui Gon, JC. Today I swapped JC for interchangeable characters to suit the encounter and it was a bit more fun but still quite easy and pretty time consuming.

I hope players with limited rosters are coping because I can see it being pretty nasty for them. Being able to swap in toons like Barris just for GW is a luxury I think a lot of players don't have and she is godlike in GW.
  • Options
    Protection did all most nothing to gw difficulty. I used to same strategy I all ways use in gw: use my a team to pound all the nodes into the ground then use my b team and suicide squid later on when the teams I face start getting harder then I use my arena team to beat the last 1 or 2 nodes.
  • Asheel
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I use Barriss (L), QGJ, Lumi, Ahsoka & Ben and have noch Problems with GW. No retreat and no lose.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Protection did all most nothing to gw difficulty. I used to same strategy I all ways use in gw: use my a team to pound all the nodes into the ground then use my b team and suicide squid later on when the teams I face start getting harder then I use my arena team to beat the last 1 or 2 nodes.

I think this is another viable strategy. Since you usually face weaker teams early on, it makes sense to use your fastest, highest DPS toons for the first several nodes. When I've done this, I lose almost no protection - and since no one gets it wiped completely, it regens a bit.

I basically have tried to make it through the first 6 nodes without having to use any of my 3 tanks - then use them to protect the now protectionless heroes, saving a 2 or 3 untouched higher level guys for the last few nodes (using some of those preotectionless higher level ones as a powerful suicide squad.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*