FOTP hits like a noddle now

Replies

• Options
    Oh crap. He is my favorite character.
    Guess I should stop farming him now.
  • Supreme
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Been farming FOTP Hard Nodes and buying Shipments since December, finally almost 7*

Y dey do dis?!?!?
  • Jaesyn_Beaz
    412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Supreme wrote: »
    Y dey do dis?!?!?

Because he's a freaking pilot.

A- Pilots aren't commandos armed with bazookas. That in and of itself isn't a reason but I do like at least a modicum of realism in my games to keep the perception of reality alive. I've suspended that belief for giant bugs with plasma cannons. Watching a pilot (who specializes in flying a ship, not target practice with a 9mm sized howitzer) wipe out a Jedi in one shot is just silly.

B- If and when they introduce ship synergies both he and RP will likely benefit from those more so other toons that will offset some of this damage loss.

C- Nerfing them now will cause most people to stop farming them slowly (and freely) and when they drop the ship synergies (given the history of updates it will likely be a surprise) people will drop cash money to finish them out quickly.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    0K4Kjlx.png

1844 damage lol

FOTP hits like a noddle now

wish this had been done to GS/QGJ as well - who are faster.. but didn't get the alleged dmg nerf because of their speed....

oh well.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I hate the whole "random character shouldn't be powerful" argument. It's absurd.

This is a game, none the less a fighting game. You need balance. What's the point of having weak generic characters and then OP legendary ones. It basically becomes Pokemon, where everyone just runs rare and legendary teams.

This is clearly not the approach this game has and wants to take. Look at GS, RG etc. no name toons with good skills. FOTP got absolutely robbed.

He has the attributes of a glass cannon but the damage of a support class. Completely unneccessary.
  • Options
    Same here. I have a FOTP at 6* (9 shards away from 7) been grinding since January. I have him at gear 8 and all level 7 attacks and abilities. Post update, FOTP rarely, if ever, gets a second shot, 3rd shot (idk if the 3rd shot was glitch) is non-existent. He misses like crazy. I saw him crit once for 3k but usually it's 1800 hit. A character who could once get off 2x5k shot bursts or crit for 14k now crits for 3k. Ugh.
  • Options
    That explains why i didn't see him in any teams yesterday. Btw QGJ been nerfed hard as well, he hits like a old man now.
  • Options
    I hate the whole "random character shouldn't be powerful" argument. It's absurd.

This is a game, none the less a fighting game. You need balance. What's the point of having weak generic characters and then OP legendary ones. It basically becomes Pokemon, where everyone just runs rare and legendary teams.

This is clearly not the approach this game has and wants to take. Look at GS, RG etc. no name toons with good skills. FOTP got absolutely robbed.

He has the attributes of a glass cannon but the damage of a support class. Completely unneccessary.

Clearly you ignored B and C
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options
    Damage was his thing.
    I think Gun Down's bugged. Ive landed an advantage Crit alot, but Health Down has never been applied. Sometimes it says resisted. Some times it just won't apply.
    Mine's still critting for 4k or so at 4*. Perhaps it's more the DEF change?
  • Options

Clearly you ignored B and C

Your speculations means absolutely nothing unless you are actually a Dev. ;)
  • Supreme
    116 posts Member
    Options

This is a game, none the less a fighting game. You need balance. What's the point of having weak generic characters and then OP legendary ones. It basically becomes Pokemon, where everyone just runs rare and legendary teams

+1

There is absolutely nothing wrong with making lesser-known Characters strong. If not, everybody will just be running the same 5 Main Characters from Star Wars.

FOTP is glass cannon and IS supposed to hit hard, on a side note, Fighter Pilots may not be Elite Commandos, but they're definitely top tier.

Plus, he looks cool all-Black. B)
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    He has no potency
  • dirty_quesadilla
    240 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    That explains why i didn't see him in any teams yesterday. Btw QGJ been nerfed hard as well, he hits like a old man now.
    He wasn't nerfed that bad. I have him in a support role in my arena team. His HB (debuff) against RG or other "taunters" makes him viable as does his assist. Even if RG assists on QGJ's HA it still usually stuns. I'll take that.

• Options

Also been hard farming him for months and they nerfed his damage hard - and now his advantage goes away after first shot. Maybe they at least fix his double tap. Its suppose to be triggering at 90% when he has advantage it is definitely not. Rey was always a better glass cannon with her speed, but now FOTP isn't even playable.
  • Options
    I think he is one of the characters that can get to gear 11 at level 80 though, so he could gain a lot of protection and hopefully some more damage if we hold on...
    I have hard farmed him since the beginning too, and I refuse to give up now! :)
  • Options
    So according to his unique FOTP "gains advantage for 3 turns the first time each enemy falls below 50% health." Advantage goes away after he attacks with any attack now so the change to advantage itself was a big nerf to him.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Let's see...

1. Damage is no longer extreme with or without advantage so they need to change his character description.
    2. After update he misses his shots.....a lot. It was infuriating to see.
    3. Used him in 4 arena battles after update and his gun down ability failed to land any debuffs in 4 battles.
    4. He does not bonus attack as much with advantage after update as well.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    FOTP has no potency.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    FOTP is fine.
  • Options
    Hes ruined. He was my favorite in this game now hes nothing but GW fodder, thanks a lot CG great job making slower characters "stronger"
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Somewhere in a galaxy far far away.. there is someone crying about how op he is. I can feel the nerf threads approaching.
  • Options
    He is destroyed, ruined and rendered nothing at all. It is one char where I and many other people where farming on hard nodes, consuming costly refreshes to keep that happening daily. His is glassy, slow, has no leadership ability and basically just does damage.

Brutally nerfed damage
    Nerfed modifiers
    Changed duration of effects (-200%)

It also gets nerfed while being slow and with a very low HP pool. Considering how much this cost, this is not only insulting. It's a slap in the face to anyone that has been farming him for ages.

I had been farming every day for 5 months and am 50 shards away from 7*.

Just shows how disrespectful and irresponsible devs are. A quick estimate on cost of energy to max this char and the time it took to 7* at the lowest "minimum legal hourly rate" in the US puts the total effort at around $1700. Yes, nobody grinds a hard mode for fun. The only reason is to get a char shard to bring a capability - that grind is sunk cost of time-it's not fun nor a game: that time is stolen from us. As well as tens of thousand of energy used to round the char.

If could lower the App Store rating for each insulting change the App Would have a -16 star rating by my record, at a generous estimate.

Guys, sorry to those that farmed this char. If a 1% of people is still "happy", Wow...I wish you could be my customer too. I'd be retired by now.

• Bostonmess
    176 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hes ruined. He was my favorite in this game now hes nothing but GW fodder, thanks a lot CG great job making slower characters "stronger"

Sad but true.
    Compared to Rey, he was nerfed much harder.
    His advantage appears later due to protection and his only highlight was his uncomparable basic shot. This got nerfed hard, which sux cause he was hard notes
    What remains is a slow, squishy, average attacker
  • Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »

Yes. Infuriating. Suck a huge time ...destroying a char when those that have been farming him are barely close to 6* and 7* is just not mean, it's infuriating: slow and squishy + nerf + lower Dmg = slap in the face and stealing. I want my time and energy back.
  • Goose
    26 posts Member
    Options
    He's still awfully good at dying.
  • Options
    Goose wrote: »
    He's still awfully good at dying.

well he's harmless now so no need to target him first. And everyone stopped playing him anyway
  • Bostonmess
    176 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bostonmess wrote: »

Yes. Infuriating.

Right. Feel sad about him. He was my favorite, looks cool and it was fun to see him attacking with his basic, though he failed on D and was always the first one killed, if played by AI
    22 shards away from 7*, farming him over months ...
    Two days ago I bought 3 shards for 150, like always when I saw some ...
    He is not viable for arena anymore, no threat
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    96 energy to farm his two hard nodes each day to get at best 2 to 3 shards if you had a good farm day. A lot of days it would be 0 for 6. Not even gonna factor in all the gear farming and spent purple mats. What a colossal kick in the junk, man.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    How's his critical damage though? There can be a huge difference between basic and critical.
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    How's his critical damage though? There can be a huge difference between basic and critical.

Mine is 6*, gear 9. He usually crits for 3-4k now, he use to crit for 5-8k or more with advantage.