Was Savage even touched in this update?

Prev1
He has almost 18000 health, 8500 protection, gets offense and defense up every time you hit him and gains TM half the time. He also hits like a truck compared to other tanks.

I'm on my 4th straight GW match with him on the opponent squad. He is doing a number on my roster! He is tough to dispose of!

Looks like he will definitely be a big part of the new meta!

Replies

• Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    He is not a tank...
  • Options
    I never used savage just got him 7* for week now sinse update I put him in his doing okay not sure why your saying did savage even get touched? like you want him to get nerfed -_-
  • Captain_Reynolds
    410 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    They haven't touched him or his big issue/bug with QGJ getting offense up for his team by hitting him while he's unbuffed.
    Still won't run him in Arena for that reason alone.
  • Options
    Savage is very nice to face when you have QGJ. He gives your full team Offense up for 2 turns for free.
  • Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    He is not a tank...

Oops I don't know why I was thinking he was tagged a tank.
    I never used savage just got him 7* for week now sinse update I put him in his doing okay not sure why your saying did savage even get touched? like you want him to get nerfed -_-

Where did I say anything about a nerf??? I don't have him leveled so I have no clue if he took a damage reduction or not. Most other toons got one. Hence the reason I was asking if they did anything to Savage. Pretty simple really.
  • Options
    I just don't want him to get nerfed for no reason, I know you never said that but its like ur asking why he did not get touched. :D maybe he did not want to?....haha
  • Options
    I never have issues with him. Just don't touch him till last. He's a wasted spot
  • ishtar922
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I never have issues with him. Just don't touch him till last. He's a wasted spot
    I consistantly place top 5 and I use him in my squad. I'm also on a old server that's very competitive (been playing since release)

Saying he is wasted makes me laugh.

Not many characters can wipe out RG in 1 hit while he is at 25% health , and yes I do it all the time.

No one can clean up like him
  • Options
    ishtar922 wrote: »
    I consistantly place top 5 and I use him in my squad. I'm also on a old server that's very competitive (been playing since release)

Not many characters can wipe out RG in 1 hit while he is at 25% health , and yes I do it all the time.

I don't know, man. I usually leave Savage for last as well. He's never been a problem.
  • Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    He has almost 18000 health, 8500 protection, gets offense and defense up every time you hit him and gains TM half the time. He also hits like a truck compared to other tanks.

I'm on my 4th straight GW match with him on the opponent squad. He is doing a number on my roster! He is tough to dispose of!

His protection is 14k at gear 9
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options

Savage got nerfed
  • Options
    Magisto wrote: »

I don't know, man. I usually leave Savage for last as well. He's never been a problem.

Well I will be 76 in 3-4 days so we will see how much this 30% damage increase does

image.png
    image.png

• Options
    Magisto wrote: »

Well I will be 76 in 3-4 days so we will see how much this 30% damage increase does

image.png
    image.png
    Dang, I see you don't mess around.
  • Options
    I bought one of those data packs when I first started and he was one of the toons I got. He's been pretty boss for my squad. He can take a beating and once an opponent gets into the yellow his special almost always kills them. He hits for a kill and it takes off 99999 energy.
  • Options
    I do like how helpful his Overpower is with high health characters though. When fighting him, I actually ignore him so he doesn't get a buff. Then, I attack with everyone and hope RG stuns.
  • Options
    I generally try to ignore him too ( other than the QGJ trick which in all fairness should have been fixed by now). But since the update with the lower damage output... Trying to get rid of him at the end of a match while you are trying to get your cooldowns back is tough. Especially when my protection is already depleted. He always manages to get a couple of turns in because of TM gain and thump one of my toons back into the yellow. I hate taking anyone from my A squad into a match below 50% health.

I have enough shards to get Savage to 6* if he continues to impress me when I face him I might have to bring him along. At the very least he is not one of those toons you have to babysit because of his nice health and protection.
  • Options
    Well. Hes my top character so. Yes he got downgraded a bit. His reg attack deal 2000 less damage(even on critical hits). Hes not a tank hes an attaker with alot of life so. Yea hes hard to take down but he can be defeated. And he can deff turn the tide of a battle still after the update.
  • Options
    Well. Hes my top character so. Yes he got downgraded a bit. His reg attack deal 2000 less damage(even on critical hits). Hes not a tank hes an attaker with alot of life so. Yea hes hard to take down but he can be defeated. And he can deff turn the tide of a battle still after the update.

Yeah... Not sure why I called him a tank. Although... He is very tanky.

• Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options

Yeah... Not sure why I called him a tank. Although... He is very tanky.
    He's like Vader in that regard.
  • lackhand
    83 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've never tried the QGJ trick, but Yoda can steal the offense and defense up on the same hit that Savage gets it. Haven't tried it since update, but I've definitely used that to my advantage a lot.
  • Options
    I got Savage to 7* and am rather unimpressed. I seem to remember they made a change to make him someone to be feared, but I think the addition of Protection has taken away that fear. It now takes so long to get someone to 25% health that his special ability just doesn't have much oomph.

I suggest one (or both) of the following changes to his Overpower ability to make him more feared:

1) If his target has any active protection, it removes all of the target's protection
    2) Change the 25% health to 33% or some other higher number.

I also think it would be nice if, when he's in your party, targets who can be affected by that (currently) 25% number are flagged somehow. Sometimes it's close and the ability is wasted because you can't tell; I can't think of another ability that has the same kind of limitation.
  • Options
    Red health bar don't do it?
  • Options
    I'm 99% positive I used it on a thicker red bar and it wasn't enough for the kill. Don't know if that's intentional or a bug. Or bad memory...
  • Options
    Savage was nerfed pretty hard damage wise, before the update his special could crit for 9k with his offense up, now, its way less. His basic was nerfed to, and 30% won't mean much. Also, the AI will only ever use his special if an enemy is below 25% hp, which is nothing, and is a waste of the higher damage the skill does. Also, his only strength comes from getting hit, and on defense people don't hit him until they are ready to kill him. There are simply better options out there.
  • Options
    I think the new 'meta' if there is one, favours high health attackers. Kylo, Savage and Vader are all pretty boss now I think.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    Tanavar wrote: »
    I think the new 'meta' if there is one, favours high health attackers. Kylo, Savage and Vader are all pretty boss now I think.
    Well, those are the kinds of teams I attack. Just fought one with 3,000 more power than me and won. They had Savage and Fives.

I stay away from RG though.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I just got him.
    He is Sith, so probably not good.
    I guess I will try him...
  • Options
    They haven't touched him or his big issue/bug with QGJ getting offense up for his team by hitting him while he's unbuffed.

They fixed that bug already
  • Options

They fixed that bug already

They have not. Not one mention in any patch notes about it. I tested it shortly after the last update and it's still there.
  • Options
    Tanavar wrote: »

The new mega does not