Was Savage even touched in this update?

2Next

Replies

• JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Savage lost 10% damage from his attacks. So upgrading his main attack to level 8 is 20% dmg gain from his pre-patch dmg. Still really good.
  • Options
    the AI will only ever use his special if an enemy is below 25% hp, which is nothing, and is a waste of the higher damage the skill does.

Huh? The damage on that skill is the same physical damage as on his base skill, if not less, at least according to swgohcantina. The skill is only useful if any enemy is at 25% or lower, which as I said earlier, is rather limiting with protection in play.

Unless I'm missing something?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Savage can still hit 8-9 k crits with his special and consistent 7k with his basic with offense up. He is a beast at the end of arena matches. I got first today with QGJ, Yoda, savage, Rey and RG and only needed 2 fights since of my 5 to get there today. He defends well also. With dooku lead he will be even better.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    He has almost 18000 health, 8500 protection, gets offense and defense up every time you hit him and gains TM half the time. He also hits like a truck compared to other tanks.

I'm on my 4th straight GW match with him on the opponent squad. He is doing a number on my roster! He is tough to dispose of!

Looks like he will definitely be a big part of the new meta!

You have to save him for last and try not to AoE him too early. He's slow.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    Zip0zilch wrote: »
    Red health bar don't do it?

I've been doing some (small) testing of that today. Whenever an enemy I've faced has been in the red zone, and Savage attacked that enemy, Savage's basic attack was sufficient to deliver the killing blow. So I maintain that Savage's special ability isn't really worth much, if anything, as it stands now.

• Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    He is not a tank...

Technically he is because of his high hp and protection, but youre right hes not a tank
  • Options
    He got a big nerf. I've had him 6* L70 G7 A7 for ages and used him all the time as part of my A-team in GW. He made a great Sid/Dooku killer. Post-update, he suddenly became ineffective. His special was hitting for less than his basic. I actually benched him for a while in favor of NS Initiate. But I just dumped some resources into him and bumped him up to L74 G9 and will be working on his 7* next week. Can't quit on him now.
  • Options
    Tanavar wrote: »
    I think the new 'meta' if there is one, favours high health attackers.
    Kylo, Savage and Vader
    are all pretty boss now I think.
    Kylo seems tobe the quite achiever of these 3 with large health & protection boasts, has any else noticed this ?
    Quote of the Day "Put that