So since I'm sick of listening to people complain about RG

Prev1
RG has a couple near hard counters that I don't see being used enough against RG and tanks in general.

The most underused - Asajj Ventress - she can remove his taunt with her special, get one enemy in yellow, taunt procs, remove it and finish enemy DPS number one, then kill RG

Teebo - same as above

Plo and Mace - yeah they suck but have a chance to remove it

And of course QGJ -

Anakin and NSI can block buffs on him

For other tanks you can also use ability blockers - list too long to mention

The game is rock, paper, scissors, lizard Spock, use the right team to beat them and then put them in on defense til others figure it out

There are plenty of ways to get around him .. Pre crafted is still a problem but that has nothing to do with RG in general but any toon that can get higher because of pre crafted items
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    Precrafted items suck. RG by himself isn't too much of a problem... Ad RG with ST Han... And it's a tough tough fight
  • Options
    Problem with removing the taunt is it just comes back to bite you in the **** again next turn if youre unlucky
  • Options
    Unfortunately, if that makes you sick wait until he gets nerfed to oblivion. Too many detractors-know it's coming!
  • Options
    Only when you use the heroes you described you'll have a huge target on your back. If they let you swap in defense team this might work
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Apparently you know nothing about how those heroes work. Ventress is extremely slow. Also you need to ensure that someone will drop under 50% and then Ventress wont be stunned or ability blocked and that her spell wont fail. Ans even if she removes one taunt, rg will taunt again when the next toon drop under 50%. I run max Ventress on my team since ever. Rg teams weren't problem pre update because you could aoe enemy team through it and kill rey qgj yoda and all other squishy heroes. After update my win rate vs rg teams is 0/6 and I never plan on attacking another one any time soon.
    Also about nsi, cosmicturtle run a ns team and he said thay nsi debuff barely applies. So another unreliable toon.

From what you said so far it is high unlikely you have any of those heroes. You are probably another RG user and you try to nerf-proof your RG.
  • Options
    RG has a couple near hard counters that I don't see being used enough against RG and tanks in general.

The most underused - Asajj Ventress - she can remove his taunt with her special, get one enemy in yellow, taunt procs, remove it and finish enemy DPS number one, then kill RG

Teebo - same as above

And of course QGJ -

The game is rock, paper, scissors, lizard Spock, use the right team to beat them and then put them in on defense til others figure it out

There are plenty of ways to get around him .. Pre crafted is still a problem but that has nothing to do with RG in general but any toon that can get higher because of pre crafted items

Always taken this approach. Never cared whether it was Rey, Poe,GS,RG or Dooku. Find a way that works for your team.
  • Options
    Uriakatos wrote: »
    Problem with removing the taunt is it just comes back to bite you in the **** again next turn if youre unlucky

Agreed
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Teebo - same as above

And of course QGJ -

Always taken this approach. Never cared whether it was Rey, Poe,GS,RG or Dooku. Find a way that works for your team.

"Farm the OP heroes yourself". That was the counter to Poe teams, RG teams, Dooku teams. Can't get more simple than that. The only real counter that ever existed in this game, was the GQJ to counter droid teams. Put him as leader even though there were no jedi in his team, just so he can go first and kill the ig88. And this was how the meta teams were born. If they just nerfed the droid damage back then, GQJ would have been still chromium exclusive, not everyone would had him, which wouldn't raise the need of over buffing RG and the use of Dooku evasion teams just to protect heroes from the one shots. It even took a whole update just to fix (thought it didn't got fixed) something that wouldn't have happened if some people had the balls to nerf the droid teams when they time was right.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

^

Exactly What ever you say they have to do something about the Precrafted items is a must.....Facing RG with a precrafted item with Droids or rey is Near impossible.
  • Options
    The problem is precrafted Items the time it takes to take out RG 3-4 of my Toons are down
  • Options
    Royal Guard has the highest Tenacity in the game at 72%. It is extremely hard to debuff him or dispel buffs on him for this very reason.

Theory crafting is fine, but don't pretend you know what you're talking about until you've tested it in combat.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    Apparently you know nothing about how those heroes work. Ventress is extremely slow. Also you need to ensure that someone will drop under 50% and then Ventress wont be stunned or ability blocked and that her spell wont fail. Ans even if she removes one taunt, rg will taunt again when the next toon drop under 50%. I run max Ventress on my team since ever. Rg teams weren't problem pre update because you could aoe enemy team through it and kill rey qgj yoda and all other squishy heroes. After update my win rate vs rg teams is 0/6 and I never plan on attacking another one any time soon.
    Also about nsi, cosmicturtle run a ns team and he said thay nsi debuff barely applies. So another unreliable toon.

From what you said so far it is high unlikely you have any of those heroes. You are probably another RG user and you try to nerf-proof your RG.

Honestly, quit your whining please. RG isn't difficult to handle at all. I removed my QGJ, and Ventress and still have no problem taking on a maxed out RG. RG isn't OP at all. He's just a decent tank. People need to quit complaining about above average heroes as if it's the end of the world.
  • Options
    Apoc wrote: »

Honestly, quit your whining please. RG isn't difficult to handle at all. I removed my QGJ, and Ventress and still have no problem taking on a maxed out RG. RG isn't OP at all. He's just a decent tank. People need to quit complaining about above average heroes as if it's the end of the world.
    +1
  • Options
    RG with precrafted Item= OP
  • Options
    You don't think that the only tank that has an auto taunt also has the highest health and routinely applies stun & slow is an odd combination of traits that makes him the most powerful tank?
  • WDW
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Royal Guard has the highest Tenacity in the game at 72%. It is extremely hard to debuff him or dispel buffs on him for this very reason.

Theory crafting is fine, but don't pretend you know what you're talking about until you've tested it in combat.

Sorry but this is not accurate either. My QGJ de buffs RG every time, the only time this doesn't happen is with Dooku lead and he dodges. That's the actual issue with RG it's the partnership with Dooku which means you are not gauranteed the de buff. Aside from a dodge it's never an issue.

RG with pre crafted gear is a nasty tank to fight but it is not impossible to beat, just more of a challenge. As the OP said at the start with the new protection many more characters are becoming viable so Asajj excellent. Teebo excellent for dealing with RG teams.
  • Suppenkasper
    36 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Altoon33 wrote: »

+1

+++1
    So much people are complaining and whining. Wait till lvl 80, all chars get improved or even new abilities which will offers so much new strategies.
    Problem with most people is they're not patient enough or not creative.
  • Options
    I haven't tested it, but if a stun doesn't stop RG taunt I HIGHLY doubt ability block will do it.

As other have stated RG is a problem but not solely for one reason. Pre-craft puts him heads and tails above the rest of the tanks available. 80% stun chance plus speed down in addition to auto taunt together make him very difficult to deal with. 80% is too high a chance imo.

I happen to believe QGJ can dispel everything now. Can't rmb him failing once since the update. Maybe that's a bug, I don't have him so I don't know.

Until we have the ability to gear ppl past 8 this will continue to be the case. Rey can currently STILL one shot ppl.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    He and stormtrooper are the only red side taunters. I like how *all* the posts put him in league with blue. PVP isn't the only thing where tanks are used and although I see it can be the most annoying, he better get some more company if they change him. Red side will get hard enough with all damage and Daka, Talia, maybe shaman ans opress?
  • Options

+1

+++1
    So much people are complaining and whining. Wait till lvl 80, all chars get improved or even new abilities which will offers so much new strategies.

+++++1 amen
  • Options

+1

+++1

+++++1 amen

This x10000000!

Finally the game requires genuine tactics and strategy I love it!

RG is great but as the guys said there are many toons, combinations and tactics to take him down.

Jay
  • Options
    Next new character should be Jar Jar, a wet-noodle-wielding tank, whose unique ability is to ignore taunts. I wonder how many people would farm an otherwise weak character just to finish toons when they are saved by RG.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Precrafted items suck. RG by himself isn't too much of a problem... Ad RG with ST Han... And it's a tough tough fight

One person in my top 10 has exactly this. Nope.jpg
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

+1

+++1

+++++1 amen

This x10000000!

Finally the game requires genuine tactics and strategy I love it!

RG is great but as the guys said there are many toons, combinations and tactics to take him down.

Jay

jaystarkiller : Seen in Arena with GQJ(L), Yoda, RG, Lumi, GS - Meta farmer confirmed.
    Altoon33 : Seen with GQJ, Yoda, Dooku (dont remember rest) - Meta farmer confirmed. (cmon admit you got an RG there somewhere)
    Suppenkasper : RG, ST han comfirmed - Another RG user says that RG is balanced. What a coincidence.
    Apoc : RG, GQJ, Dooku, Rey - Meta farmer confirmed.

Any other RG user for the +1 train? To cry about not nerfing his favorite heroes? No?

Post edited by CPMP on
  • gbshow
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Great post mate, helpful read that.
  • Options
    Yea rg is not that good.. dooku leadership is what needs nerfed it's to op
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    OP suggested some tactics without having tried them himself obviously.
    1) NSI and Anni do have ability block. I don't have exact formula with Tenacity and Potency to calculate the chance of applying this debuff, but I guess it is less than 20%. Given the fact, that it lasts 2 turns, it is a very poor tactic against RG. To say nothing of the fact, that both Annakin and NS Initiate are like a tag "attack me first!" in arena.
    2) Dispelling. It's better, but first my 4 attempts on RG 5* 73 level with my QGJ 74 lvl, 7*, Gear level IX failed. Now my record of dispelling taunt from RG is 2/7. Bad luck maybe, but nevertheless. And QGJ has extremely great Potency. So I'm afraid other dispellers might have very bad times against RG.
    I'd suggest two more ways of countering him, not effective enough though:
    1) Powerful AoE. Lando crosses my mind. Two AoE in a row can finish off enemy DPS with yellow health bar.
    2) Counter-attacks. If someone badly hurt attacks your Fives, they can meet bad consequences. Especially with his double attack at the next level.
    You need to combine several counters together (better AoE, c/a and dispelling in one team) to be reliably safe against him.
    I think that making him unable to taunt while stunned will turn RG into a well-balanced character.
  • Options

I seriously don't get you people. I have to beat RG in pretty much EVERY match I fight. It's not exactly brain surgery. If it's a bad match up for you, reconfigure and go.

Oh no, a tank with high hps, a predictable taunt and a stun. Whatever will you do? Its SOOO hard to think more then one move deep...

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yea rg is not that good.. dooku leadership is what needs nerfed it's to op

Dooku was my first Sith to farm in this game and were using him since ever. I also had to use him as leader in arena because i have 5* Vader in team (my only low star hero), and Dooku lead was the only thing that prevented me from getting focused by everyone. But i agree that his leadership needs a change. If devs know how to make a proper change, then they can make it balanced and not useless or overpowered. One change i proposed, was for his leadership to give 15% dodge instead of 15% evasion, and give offense up only when some hero dodges. This means that only basic attack (those in red color) can be dodged, and not special ones (blue damage). This way, you can work arround it in some way, by using only special attacks when you want to make sure that some dangerous enemy will die, and then use your basics on other targets that don't pose big threat.
    Another potential change is to make it like Lumi's : Sith allies gain 15% evasion while other heroes gain half of that amount.

PS, If RG is not that good, why people don't farm Chewie or Stormtrooper or ST Han, that are quite easy to farm, but torture themselves with 2 nodes of RG shards? :P Somehow you don't convince me.
  • Options
    So that's your rationale? Two chars never used because they aren't good and a "tank" used to facilitate multiple turns for people like Rey can't tank as well as the taunting high HP tank so he must be broke?