So since I'm sick of listening to people complain about RG

2Next

Replies

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    Apparently you know nothing about how those heroes work. Ventress is extremely slow. Also you need to ensure that someone will drop under 50% and then Ventress wont be stunned or ability blocked and that her spell wont fail. Ans even if she removes one taunt, rg will taunt again when the next toon drop under 50%. I run max Ventress on my team since ever. Rg teams weren't problem pre update because you could aoe enemy team through it and kill rey qgj yoda and all other squishy heroes. After update my win rate vs rg teams is 0/6 and I never plan on attacking another one any time soon.
    Also about nsi, cosmicturtle run a ns team and he said thay nsi debuff barely applies. So another unreliable toon.

From what you said so far it is high unlikely you have any of those heroes. You are probably another RG user and you try to nerf-proof your RG.

I seriously don't get you people. I have to beat RG in pretty much EVERY match I fight. It's not exactly brain surgery. If it's a bad match up for you, reconfigure and go.

Oh no, a tank with high hps, a predictable taunt and a stun. Whatever will you do? Its SOOO hard to think more then one move deep...

20k hp was balanced to beat with my average damage toons (pre update).Needless to remind you that most people pre update saying RG was fine, even though they admitted saying he was the best tank. Now they add another 20k protection, which makes him twice harder to beat, but they also lower the damage of all the toons. If RG was balanced pre update, how he continues to be balanced with basically doubling his hp while nerfing damage? Or you assume that with his 18-20k hp pre update was needed a buff liek twice hp, in order to be balanced?
    I seriously don't get you people.
  • Options
    Royal Guard has the highest Tenacity in the game at 72%. It is extremely hard to debuff him or dispel buffs on him for this very reason.

Theory crafting is fine, but don't pretend you know what you're talking about until you've tested it in combat.

I have experienced around a 25% chance to debuff rg taunt with my maxed ventress and only about 2/3 of the total buffs are removed from the whole lot. So i agree this is a weak counter and NI only gives immunity 1/3 of the time and it lasts for a blip.
  • Options
    Apparently you know nothing about how those heroes work. Ventress is extremely slow. Also you need to ensure that someone will drop under 50% and then Ventress wont be stunned or ability blocked and that her spell wont fail. Ans even if she removes one taunt, rg will taunt again when the next toon drop under 50%. I run max Ventress on my team since ever. Rg teams weren't problem pre update because you could aoe enemy team through it and kill rey qgj yoda and all other squishy heroes. After update my win rate vs rg teams is 0/6 and I never plan on attacking another one any time soon.
    Also about nsi, cosmicturtle run a ns team and he said thay nsi debuff barely applies. So another unreliable toon.

From what you said so far it is high unlikely you have any of those heroes. You are probably another RG user and you try to nerf-proof your RG.

I seriously don't get you people. I have to beat RG in pretty much EVERY match I fight. It's not exactly brain surgery. If it's a bad match up for you, reconfigure and go.

Oh no, a tank with high hps, a predictable taunt and a stun. Whatever will you do? Its SOOO hard to think more then one move deep...

Yeah well it certainly doesnt take brain surgery to think 8 moves ahead when every **** move is hit royal guard:).
  • Options
    I've had no trouble with rg that's what I meant to say. My last fight had a dooku lead that team dodged 12 of my attacks I counted that's op and if I had a weaker team I would have lost.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have been farming RG since before the patch. Have him at a whopping 3 stars. Please no nerf lol. Even at 3 stars he is useable.

I have some work to do to beat all the higher rgs i face. I think it will take a little more experimenting and some missing skills/toons.

St han is a beast, too. 20% turn meter for his entire team every hit?? I can't believe I wasn't farming him earlier. Really ALL taunting tanks have been buffed from this update. Except poe, since expose is now just a tickle. And his health is marginal for a tank.
  • Options

Yeah well it certainly doesnt take brain surgery to think 8 moves ahead when every **** move is hit royal guard:).

Somehow I think you can come up with a better work around :)

This whole argument is a case of " RG working as intended" and many other chars NOT working as intended. He's VERY good at what he does ( soaking and screwing your plans up) but over the long term he's diminishing returns with no damage and the ability to occupy one other char indefinitely.

I don't fear him in a match up, I don't get why other do, though I'll admit I'm not running a Sid build or a Dooku build or a speed build.
  • Options
    When we finally start to get teams that are doing ok defensively you wanna nerf that? Was it not the same situation with bariss? Poe was a coin flip situation but this is the way it is supposed to be. If everyone always wins there is no reason to have the arena...
  • Options

Somehow I think you can come up with a better work around :)

This whole argument is a case of " RG working as intended" and many other chars NOT working as intended. He's VERY good at what he does ( soaking and screwing your plans up) but over the long term he's diminishing returns with no damage and the ability to occupy one other char indefinitely.

I don't fear him in a match up, I don't get why other do, though I'll admit I'm not running a Sid build or a Dooku build or a speed build.

I just tried to avoid getting qgj and syd there is no choice but to get qgj i suppose. Or i could get rey and royal guard and auto my gaactic war
  • OzwaldEMandius
    1032 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rey is my second most avoided char, I HATE Droidd teams but mostly because I don't get the underpinnings enough to effectively target select.

Edit: cause I normally say abodes when typing avoided it seems.. Wth autocorrect?
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Radwin wrote: »
    When we finally start to get teams that are doing ok defensively you wanna nerf that? Was it not the same situation with bariss? Poe was a coin flip situation but this is the way it is supposed to be. If everyone always wins there is no reason to have the arena...

Did you actually thought before you post that?
    Doing ok defensively means someone else is losing offensively...
    Poe was a coin flip?? To people who HAD Poe, not to others...
  • Options
    Let me clarify. IF everyone always wins when attacking there is no reason to have the arena.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Let me clarify. IF everyone always wins when attacking there is no reason to have the arena.

Do you seriously expect AI to outsmart humans? This is player vs AI, not PVP (player vs player), it's as pointless as it gets. Not wanting others to beat the AI is egoistic.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Asajj and QGJ bring on the tanks!
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Only when you use the heroes you described you'll have a huge target on your back. If they let you swap in defense team this might work

Agreed need to put the defense team back in at end of day

I use Ventres all the time. Burn one toon (biggest dps) to yellow. Auto taunt hits. Waste Ventress turn to remove the taunt (I guess if she got hit you get some health back so it isn't a total waste). Finish that high dps toon off. Then yes, you have to burn down RG or auto taunt will go when you attack another toon to yellow. The fact she is slow is the key, her first turn has to come after the toon is in yellow and the taunt is up. Ideally she goes fourth or fifth on your team. QGJ is also on that team and between the two it's about an 85-90% chance you will remove it in my experience.

It's called startegery (sic)
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    It's not his abilities that makes him OP. It's that at Gear 9, he's got 18K protection and 20K+ health. There's no way to compete with that while the rest of us are stuck at Gear 8, waiting for the Devs to give us a path to 9. Now that teams are getting to level 74+, it's costing me arena rank now. Put us on a level playing field and I'll be happy to take on RG.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @Jedi2407 what is his health and protection at G8?
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

Do you seriously expect AI to outsmart humans? This is player vs AI, not PVP (player vs player), it's as pointless as it gets. Not wanting others to beat the AI is egoistic.

Then take arena out.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    It's not his abilities that makes him OP. It's that at Gear 9, he's got 18K protection and 20K+ health. There's no way to compete with that while the rest of us are stuck at Gear 8, waiting for the Devs to give us a path to 9. Now that teams are getting to level 74+, it's costing me arena rank now. Put us on a level playing field and I'll be happy to take on RG.

Exactly .....
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    @Jedi2407 what is his health and protection at G8?

16K health; 10K protection. Roughly.

(Edit to 16K and added "roughly" disclaimer).
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks I didn't realize it was that much of a difference. I normally leave him for last.
  • Options
    Thanks I didn't realize it was that much of a difference. I normally leave him for last.

I have to hope my QGJ can dispell his taunt once to let me kill off one toon. Then, hope I can fend off the other three while I whittle away at him. Honestly, it's gotten that I don't even bother challenging a gear 9 RG anymore. Top 4 on my shard is pretty much impossible to reach for me.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

I have to hope my QGJ can dispell his taunt once to let me kill off one toon. Then, hope I can fend off the other three while I whittle away at him. Honestly, it's gotten that I don't even bother challenging a gear 9 RG anymore. Top 4 on my shard is pretty much impossible to reach for me.

I wonder if it balances out when everyone is able to gear up? I "think" the gear 9 stuff mostly when to RGs. I could be wrong of course
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @Opusone unfortunately not. 3 characters used widely in Arena had gear that needed to be pre-crafted.
    RG
    Daka
    Dooku.
    I am a pre-crafter with Droid callers, so i know daka and RG both benefited. Dooku needed a furnace
  • Options
    @Opusone unfortunately not. 3 characters used widely in Arena had gear that needed to be pre-crafted.
    RG
    Daka
    Dooku.
    I am a pre-crafter with Droid callers, so i know daka and RG both benefited. Dooku needed a furnace

I think QGJ can get there as well but not sure
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    So it might balance out eventually. Of curse will be a long time before we know...ugh
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Altoon33 wrote: »
    Altoon33 wrote: »
    Apoc wrote: »

Honestly, quit your whining please. RG isn't difficult to handle at all. I removed my QGJ, and Ventress and still have no problem taking on a maxed out RG. RG isn't OP at all. He's just a decent tank. People need to quit complaining about above average heroes as if it's the end of the world.
    +1

+++1
    So much people are complaining and whining. Wait till lvl 80, all chars get improved or even new abilities which will offers so much new strategies.
    Problem with most people is they're not patient enough or not creative.

+++++1 amen

This x10000000!

Finally the game requires genuine tactics and strategy I love it!

RG is great but as the guys said there are many toons, combinations and tactics to take him down.

Jay

jaystarkiller : Seen in Arena with GQJ(L), Yoda, RG, Lumi, GS - Meta farmer confirmed.
    Altoon33 : Seen with GQJ, Yoda, Dooku (dont remember rest) - Meta farmer confirmed. (cmon admit you got an RG there somewhere)
    Suppenkasper : RG, ST han comfirmed - Another RG user says that RG is balanced. What a coincidence.
    Apoc : RG, GQJ, Dooku, Rey - Meta farmer confirmed.

Any other RG user for the +1 train? To cry about not nerfing his favorite heroes? No?

I don't use RG all that often to be honest, but thanks for doing a lot of background work. Just to not make a point? Your point is mute, because it has no grounds for absolute truth. If you were complaining about Dooku's dodge, and his damage pre-update. Then I would back you up, and that right there debunks your theory about calling me one of those meta users/defenders. The complaints against RG are un-needed, and I do get the fact that the premade gear is a bit of an issue, but don't blame RG for that. If the pre-made gear wasn't an issue. Then I doubt a lot of people would be complaining still.