Darth Sidious--good or not?

Prev1
Oliverwilliohelma
133 posts Member
edited April 2016
Character Stats (Level 80, 7 Star, Max gear):
Darth Sidious (Health: 10887; Speed: 161; Basic Damage: 2956; Ability Damage: 3436; Physical Critical Rate: 718; Potency: 0%; Tenacity: 58%)

Replies

• Options
    I still use him a bit at lvl 72, mostly for his heal block. It's useful for healer heavy teams. But I'll take him out if his AOE would trigger any retaliates.
  • Options
    Great early game, but at level cap, he isn't as competitive as before.
  • Options
    Pretty useless now.
  • Options
    i dunno, his heal immunity is amazing in GW etc, get the healers down to red then they waste a turn and a heal. ive not got many alternatives tho tbf.
  • Options
    Pretty useless now.

Wrong
  • Options
    chainsaw wrote: »
    Pretty useless now.

Wrong

Right
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Pretty useless now.

Wrong

Right

Correct
  • Options
  • Options
    Pretty useless now.

Wrong

Right

Correct

True
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    i am a lvl71 f2p player, between rank 70-15 in the arena. sid is still in my arena and gw squad. I have no regrets.
    the people who say that sid isnt good are probably playing longer, and have at least ten 7* toons(including sid)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i am a lvl71 f2p player, between rank 70-15 in the arena. sid is still in my arena and gw squad. I have no regrets.
    the people who say that sid isnt good are probably playing longer, and have at least ten 7* toons(including sid)

Woah! Watch our guys. We've got a level 71 here.

Yeah, the people saying Sid are bad do have more than a few 7* heroes. So you should trust their wisdom.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Sidius isn't as much of an impact now around level 70+. I swapped him out for a 5* Yoda when I got him and had more luck (my Sid is maxed). He's good with Vader for DoT, and his heal immunity is nice in GW. But I run a full Jedi squad and he's no issue to leave last. Him and Dookey both.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Woah! Watch our guys. We've got a level 71 here.

Yeah, the people saying Sid are bad do have more than a few 7* heroes. So you should trust their wisdom.

i only mentioned my lvl and arena rank as a reference. It wasnt a bragg. being viable at lvl 71 is providing extra information on wich he can base his decision.

i wasnt challenging your wisdom. I was only putting it into perspective. If you dont have more than ten 7* toons it might be a good choice to go for sid first. as you probably did yourself in the past, and you probably also didnt regret it at the time. alot of toons arent even farmable before you obtain a certain lvl. By pointing out that the ppl who think he is bad also have a large bench with good toons who are hard to optain, i was trying to say you might just be better of maxing sid. because the even better toons arent obtainable yet, or take huge amounts of time and/or money before they eventually get better than sid.

so need need to be a **** about it with your "waoh! watch out guys" just because you didnt understand the reason why i thought it could help mentioning my lvl.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Sid has been terrible in arena for a very long time. Not a terrible toon to throw at GW.
  • effdash
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Sid's usefulness in the arena is fading with every level increase, however I'll be damned if he isn't in EVERY SINGLE GW battle. His heal immunity is invaluable in GW.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Qwaxort wrote: »
    Pretty useless now.

Wrong

Right

Correct

True

Exactly
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Akster wrote: »
    Sid has been terrible in arena for a very long time. Not a terrible toon to throw at GW.

It's fun to put him in with a decently powerful suicide squad. At the end of the battle, everyone on both teams is dead - and he's at full health like nothing happened. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I agree with early use, he's an excellent character when your starting out but once you get established you will find he's not that great!! He has served me extremely well this far but I am now working him out of my team as I don't see him as a long term solution to my attack but as mentioned before an excellent starting up choice I solute you sid but please move aside gracefully for the future!!
  • Jenggo
    48 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with the rest of the guys. He's a great toon to bring u up to lvl 60+... But drops out beyond that.

As an enemy in GW, however, he's still a pain in the... posterior... and you'd want to take him out first before that healing debuff, especially if you don't have barriss on your team.
  • Options
    From what I've been experiencing it seems to me like he isn't dodging as much against Jedi even with Dooku as the lead. As a result I haven't been using him as much, because the added evasion against heavy Jedi teams was what made him useful
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options
    His heal-block is one of the most annoying things in the world! Unless of course it's when my Sidious does it to the other team, and then it's ace.
  • Jenggo
    48 posts Member
    Options
    A high level sidious' healing debuff lasts 3 turns. That's really bad for GW.
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sid is bad ! So please put him out of your GW teams so that my Jedi team can quietly do their job without having to bear dozens of dogdes each fight ! Not to mention heal block debuff.
  • Options
    With the new meta Sid has not received any damage or hp upgrade much. And with the protection mode his attacks are very much ruined.

He has gone from A team to B team now.
  • Options
    He's not terrible or useless in arena. I still have him on my team and I finish top 20 every day and win 90% of my offensive battles. I would probably replace him with a few 7* toons if I had them, but he's not useless. He's very fast, has good defense against Jedi and is one of the best anti-Rey characters I've seen. His proc has a high chance to hit and if you debuff Rey first round she gets a big nerf. Plus if she gets foresight, you can use his AOE to remove it without wasting a hit.
  • Options
    I think there's a chance we'll see a Sid resurgence if AoE and healing both become more popular.
  • Options
    I like him just for the heal block. Nothing worse to get a guy to just one hit, and having a healer put them back to full.
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Options
    garublador wrote: »
    I think there's a chance we'll see a Sid resurgence if AoE and healing both become more popular.

Then we will probably see some Vader + Kylo + Sid + Phasma teams again !
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    From what I've been experiencing it seems to me like he isn't dodging as much against Jedi even with Dooku as the lead. As a result I haven't been using him as much, because the added evasion against heavy Jedi teams was what made him useful

He hasn't dodged a jedi for me in weeks. Dooku stole his dodge power. There can only be one
  • effdash
    150 posts Member
    Options
    After Sid, who are the next fastest characters who also have an AoE? Preferably F2P, but P2P is okay.