Looking to crowdsource some advice for my new Rebel team

I just rolled out a Rebel team that I'd been farming for months. It does fine on offense, but man it's a defensive liability. I dropped down to #28 last night, which is the furthest I'd ever dropped in at least a couple months. I'm wondering what you all would suggest I do to help make this team a bit scarier to potential opponents -- even though I know I'm fighting an uphill battle with all the Dooku/dodge teams (don't get me started on how infuriating this is, how indicative of poor/lazy game design this is, etc.).

Anyway, here's the core of what I run:
  • Ackbar (L)
  • HR Scout
  • ST Han
  • Phasma
  • Geo Soldier

I have the following toons that would be subbed in on defense. If you in my shoes, how would you change it up?
  • 6* Old Daka, G9
  • 7* Dooku, G8
  • 5* RG, G8
  • 7* Kylo Ren, G8
  • 7* Lumi, G8
  • 7* Sidious, G8
  • 7* Qui Gon, G8
  • 7* Luke, G8
  • 6* Rey, G8
  • 7* Poggle, G8

Replies

• Options
    I have used the exact same set-up to great effect.

I can only say from personal experience that switching Phasma to lead and replacing Ackabar altogether may be a good move to leave for defense. Everyone knows Ackabar AI isn't working well.

Fives could eventually replace GS, to add some scary HP/Protection/Counter/Phasma-synergy to the defensive line up. But your Kylo may work until Fives is ready.
  • Options
    Try to change ackbar and Phasma for Dooku and Rey.

May also consider changing hrs for QGJ
  • Options
    Drop Ackbar. Put Han as lead and add old daka or rey
  • Mythov
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Drop ackbar, phasma, hoth scout. Add rey, rg, daka

/meta

Ps: if u want true rebel team u should consider farming lando. It doesnt seem like you have leia
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The Rebel team with staying power at the top in my shard is running the same setup you have. I have no trouble beating it with DPS or stun toons with QGJ to remove Han's taunt but it seems to give other teams problems. Either that or he puts out a ton of crystals to get battles. I think it's the former. The key to them seems to be if HRS gets his crit shot first and then on his follow up basic he gives the entire team turn meter. That's the only way I lose.

Depending on your shard when you fight your last battle I'd just put Dooku lead, Han, Rey, HRS, and Daka. Even with Daka and Rey at 6* you'll be very tough to beat. With protection the initial speed boost Akbar gives Han isn't completely necessary to keep Rey safe particularly since Daka/Dooku/HRS will likely get at least one stun off.

The Rebel team did have Lando in the last few days in place of someone (GS maybe) but he pulled him today after falling into the teens/20s. However I thought Lando was pretty good on it now that he has Rebel synergy.