Has anyone fought against a team with Royal Guard AND Stormtrooper Han?

Prev1
Cause I feel like that'd be impossible to beat.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Yes and it can be tough. What is your team?
  • Options
    I wouldn't be too worried about the two of them together but it would depend who the other 3 toons are on if I was worried or not.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Yea
    (L)Phasma
    Han
    RG
    Rey
    Daka

Its a good team with decent damage and high stun chance.
  • Options
    Yes. Dooku, Rey, QGJ, 86 and Daka. Won the few times I had to attack them, not my favorite opponent squad though.
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The point of Han is to make people attack him, so having another tank with him is counter productive. Him alive and not taunting is basically worthless for the team. You are WAY better off picking one and inserting another toon for the other.
    The team listed above will go down in flames once Rey is finished. And yes you can kill a glass toon without triggering RG's taunt. Rey is one well timed assist attack, or QGJ blow away from death regardless of who is tanking.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I use dooku lead, rg, han, qgj, and gs. Haven't been lower than rank 6 since since the update. Also I haven't had to use any refreshes for arena, and less than 3 battles a day. Another person on my leaderboard uses fives in place of qgj and he does about the same as me.
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    Bones wrote: »
    I use dooku lead, rg, han, qgj, and gs. Haven't been lower than rank 6 since since the update. another person used fives in place of qgj and he does about the same as me.

i do not see why thats hard to beat.
    i will take out your QGJ without RG interferes, then focus on Han when he taunts, RG can not save him. then its easy from there. of course if you get 50% dodge rate going for you then its different story.
  • Options
    QGJ and Mace Windu; remove those taunts.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Lando (lead)
    Rey
    Phasma
    RG
    STH
  • Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    I use dooku lead, rg, han, qgj, and gs. Haven't been lower than rank 6 since since the update. another person used fives in place of qgj and he does about the same as me.

i will take out your QGJ without RG interferes, then focus on Han when he taunts, RG can not save him. then its easy from there. of course if you get 50% dodge rate going for you then its different story.

If you focus on Han once he taunts it gets pretty rough, as RG gains TM anytime someone is hit and the whole team gets it from Han being attacked.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    QGJ and Mace Windu; remove those taunts.

mace windu is garbage, i have him maxed out. good luck keep a top spot with him in your team right now.
    bbmiLo wrote: »

i didn't say it was hard to beat, however its also not that easy to kill my qgj before he gets a turn, being that he is gear 9 with more health and protection.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    yes. Rex, 5's, qgj, rg, Han. all 76, 7*, gear 8/9 and basic skill lvl 8 (omega mats)

finished the fight in 3 minutes on auto with manual target selection.
    mighty chlorians
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    It's not that bad. The AI doesn't really know what to do with the double taunt, it likely works way better on offense than it does on defense. Because Han is relatively easy to kill for a tank, things straighten out fairly quickly.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I focus on the DPS killing it and setting of RGs taunt. Han taunts QG removes his buff while any other toons attack RG. With offense up and Hans taunt removed he is useless. Then it's just working around RG and killing the rest but the team while ignoring Han

Offensively Han is a great taunter. Defensive QG counters him quite well.

The RG/Han takes some thought to deal with but is relatively easy to beat due to the damage the other team gives up
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea I run both and still drop out of the top 10 overnight sometimes. But I'm working on replacing a toon real soon that should make it harder to beat. People are still scared when they see it though.
  • Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    How about Poggle, GS, 86, RG, Han. I'm thinking of trying that.
  • Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    The point of Han is to make people attack him, so having another tank with him is counter productive. Him alive and not taunting is basically worthless for the team. You are WAY better off picking one and inserting another toon for the other.
    The team listed above will go down in flames once Rey is finished. And yes you can kill a glass toon without triggering RG's taunt. Rey is one well timed assist attack, or QGJ blow away from death regardless of who is tanking.

^^^ This... I could run both but it defeats the point. Why give the opponent another option on who to attack? The whole point of Han is to sacrifice himself (eventually) but by then you have already gotten in a bunch of extra turns. I run Lumi and Daka with Han and I can generally keep him alive for his full 3 turn taunt. When you can do that you are going to win most of the time.

Furthermore... RG auto taunting is not going to save Han because the opponent can still target him.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Yea I run both and still drop out of the top 10 overnight sometimes. But I'm working on replacing a toon real soon that should make it harder to beat. People are still scared when they see it though.
    I would only be scared if there was a Jar Jar
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Han/RG is the only combo I fear in my top 10 leaderboard. Han taunts for 3 turns, RG only 1. While you waste a whole round on RG (especially the cheaters with pre craft), then you got two turns of Han TM to deal with, while their (again, pre crafted cheaty) Rey's start off on your toons.
  • Options
    @MrClean621 @chuckwing the idea would be to taunt with Han, but then once Royal Guard activates to protect Han, you have a chance to heal him, or just extend the taunt. I would back up the duo with some combo of Qui Gon, Rey, GS, Dooku (if he's lead... Otherwise might lead with Han). Or maybe throw Daka in there, but I'd worry my damage would then be too low
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Have you fought a Old Ben lead team with Leia and RG?
  • Options
    I run han as leader, then geo soldier, daka, royal guard, and kylo or guigon or dooku. I haven't lost yet. Did 5 battles today and during all of them I've only lost one person one battle
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Pacdiggity wrote: »
    @MrClean621 @chuckwing the idea would be to taunt with Han, but then once Royal Guard activates to protect Han, you have a chance to heal him, or just extend the taunt. I would back up the duo with some combo of Qui Gon, Rey, GS, Dooku (if he's lead... Otherwise might lead with Han). Or maybe throw Daka in there, but I'd worry my damage would then be too low

Problem with that on defense is you loose the TM gain from Han and his health is low enough at that point most can hit him 2 more times and he is gone. RG will not really protect Han. He will protect the next character that a player would plan on attacking after Han and then it would most likely only be for 1/2 turn instead of full turn that RG would normally provide.

Against AI you have to hope they focus on RG and not Han.

A taunter can't protect a taunter if both are taunting.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »

^^^ This... I could run both but it defeats the point. Why give the opponent another option on who to attack? The whole point of Han is to sacrifice himself (eventually) but by then you have already gotten in a bunch of extra turns. I run Lumi and Daka with Han and I can generally keep him alive for his full 3 turn taunt. When you can do that you are going to win most of the time.

Furthermore... RG auto taunting is not going to save Han because the opponent can still target him.

Well for one RG won't taunt until someone is below 50% and and Han will most likely get to taunt before that happens and can take a few rounds of turn meter to give your team extra turns to DPS and even better for RG since he gets 35% turn meter every time Han gets attacked so that's extra stuns. Also everyone has a dispel so go ahead and use it on Han but now you'll have to wait to take taunt away from RG while my DPS start picking you off.
  • Options
    StHan (L), RG, Phamsa, QGJ and a DPS. StHan's leader bonuses are bananas when you get below 50% and have your specials (Rey, QGJ, GS, Leia)
  • Options
    I tried something like that once but honestly It felt a bit unbalanced.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Well for one RG won't taunt until someone is below 50% and and Han will most likely get to taunt before that happens and can take a few rounds of turn meter to give your team extra turns to DPS and even better for RG since he gets 35% turn meter every time Han gets attacked so that's extra stuns. Also everyone has a dispel so go ahead and use it on Han but now you'll have to wait to take taunt away from RG while my DPS start picking you off.

Not saying don't run it if you want but RG is not gonna protect Han.

Don't let Han taunt, If he does remove it while he still has protection in 3 turns when QGJ humbling blow resets use it to remove RG.
  • Options
    What about han in the leader spot with RG and 3 Dps
    Everyone gets def up while above 50%. When the fall below they get +30% offence and rg starts taunting.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    That could be helpful.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Not saying don't run it if you want but RG is not gonna protect Han.

Don't let Han taunt, If he does remove it while he still has protection in 3 turns when QGJ humbling blow resets use it to remove RG.

Rg does protect Han before Han can be killed. St Han is usually a priority target before the taunt. Rg keeps him up.

What you have is this, those two together make the opponent think about how to beat you. So you are likely to be skipped.

When rg taunts before you can ko Han, han will be able to add turn meter. Throw daka in the mix and no one knows who to attack first.

Take it from me, since I changed my team to rg and st Han plus 3, I have lost only 3 matches on defense in 2.5 days. And this is Including me not even trying to lockout when it was payout time. It is a strong combo.