Has anyone fought against a team with Royal Guard AND Stormtrooper Han?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    The added defense really isn't anything, not when you have 15% dodge. As for the offense up bit, meh. It's not hard for teams with heavy hitters to chip away at protection and health until it's around 70% then attack with Rey or GS. Even if they don't and RG taunts, you probably only get one more attack with the offense up.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    @Nebulous my leader board is litter with the Han RG combo. I am happy it is working for you and if it is keep with.

I just never see the protection of Han by RG when I fight them. Obviously I can't speak for others as to how they would approach it but I don't fear and have not lost to that combo.

I always leave them for last.

xKPsRCW.png
  • Options
    KAULI wrote: »
    Have you fought a Old Ben lead team with Leia and RG?

@KAULI not many of those out there because OWK's leader ability doesn't work.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    @Nebulous my leader board is litter with the Han RG combo. I am happy it is working for you and if it is keep with.

I just never see the protection of Han by RG when I fight them. Obviously I can't speak for others as to how they would approach it but I don't fear and have not lost to that combo.

xKPsRCW.png

I can't tell what's your opponents set up. Who the leader is? And what gear/character level they are. There is more than just plop rg and st Han into a team. I give you that.
  • Options
    If you are running a team of glass cannons, RG is the tank you want. Say you are running both of them with three of the usual suspects (QGJ, GS, 86, Rey). Why would you want two tanks that could eat that assist away from another high damage attacker? Han is not built to be used with glass cannons, that is RG's job. RG can at least stun if he is called on assist, but all Han can hope for is for some turn meter... which is useless because his attack is weak. Running two tanks is nearly as bad as running two healers. You are sacrificing too much for a small benefit.
  • Options
    @Bones
    Mace Windu isn't garbage; with everyone getting damage reductions, his ability to expose a random enemy comes in handy. He can still do 5-7k damage each turn on exposed enemy, plus he has tank health.
    Add a qgj lead and he is good on offense.
    I'd remove him before retiring for the night though as AI doesn't understand how to attack the exposed enemy.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

xKPsRCW.png

I can't tell what's your opponents set up. Who the leader is? And what gear/character level they are. There is more than just plop rg and st Han into a team. I give you that.

4fl66ri.png
    middle team.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

xKPsRCW.png

4fl66ri.png
    middle team.

Solid team. Except dooku at lead. He is not near as good anymore.

I'll concede that rg and st Han isn't unbeatable, but I'd bet it would be skipped more than other teams. And that is a tactic worth considering.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I am not trying to persude OP or anyone that wants to run that setup to run it and I am sorry if it sounded like that.

OP's comment was that it might be impossible to beat. IMO it sounds better on paper than in practice. It has become the new meta on my leader board. I have fought them with other leaders, Rey, Daka, GS, QGJ. it all ends the same way.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

xKPsRCW.png

4fl66ri.png
    middle team.

I'll concede that rg and st Han isn't unbeatable, but I'd bet it would be skipped more than other teams. And that is a tactic worth considering.

Yes it will be skipped. I do skip them when I see easier prey.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    chuckwing wrote: »
    The point of Han is to make people attack him, so having another tank with him is counter productive. Him alive and not taunting is basically worthless for the team. You are WAY better off picking one and inserting another toon for the other.
    The team listed above will go down in flames once Rey is finished. And yes you can kill a glass toon without triggering RG's taunt. Rey is one well timed assist attack, or QGJ blow away from death regardless of who is tanking.

^^^ This... I could run both but it defeats the point. Why give the opponent another option on who to attack? The whole point of Han is to sacrifice himself (eventually) but by then you have already gotten in a bunch of extra turns. I run Lumi and Daka with Han and I can generally keep him alive for his full 3 turn taunt. When you can do that you are going to win most of the time.

Furthermore... RG auto taunting is not going to save Han because the opponent can still target him.

Well for one RG won't taunt until someone is below 50% and and Han will most likely get to taunt before that happens and can take a few rounds of turn meter to give your team extra turns to DPS and even better for RG since he gets 35% turn meter every time Han gets attacked so that's extra stuns. Also everyone has a dispel so go ahead and use it on Han but now you'll have to wait to take taunt away from RG while my DPS start picking you off.

Not saying don't run it if you want but RG is not gonna protect Han.

Don't let Han taunt, If he does remove it while he still has protection in 3 turns when QGJ humbling blow resets use it to remove RG.

RG isn't there to protect Han, he's there to stun everyone, protect the DPS and force you to choose who to use your dispel on. Yea sure you can dispel again in three turns but I promise my DPS will take out enough of your DPS to swing it in my favor before then.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Shh. don't say that others might catch on.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    chuckwing wrote: »
    The point of Han is to make people attack him, so having another tank with him is counter productive. Him alive and not taunting is basically worthless for the team. You are WAY better off picking one and inserting another toon for the other.
    The team listed above will go down in flames once Rey is finished. And yes you can kill a glass toon without triggering RG's taunt. Rey is one well timed assist attack, or QGJ blow away from death regardless of who is tanking.

^^^ This... I could run both but it defeats the point. Why give the opponent another option on who to attack? The whole point of Han is to sacrifice himself (eventually) but by then you have already gotten in a bunch of extra turns. I run Lumi and Daka with Han and I can generally keep him alive for his full 3 turn taunt. When you can do that you are going to win most of the time.

Furthermore... RG auto taunting is not going to save Han because the opponent can still target him.

Well for one RG won't taunt until someone is below 50% and and Han will most likely get to taunt before that happens and can take a few rounds of turn meter to give your team extra turns to DPS and even better for RG since he gets 35% turn meter every time Han gets attacked so that's extra stuns. Also everyone has a dispel so go ahead and use it on Han but now you'll have to wait to take taunt away from RG while my DPS start picking you off.

Not saying don't run it if you want but RG is not gonna protect Han.

Don't let Han taunt, If he does remove it while he still has protection in 3 turns when QGJ humbling blow resets use it to remove RG.

RG isn't there to protect Han, he's there to stun everyone, protect the DPS and force you to choose who to use your dispel on. Yea sure you can dispel again in three turns but I promise my DPS will take out enough of your DPS to swing it in my favor before then.

It's not so much about how you control it on offense, it's can the team stand up on its own when defending. That's what we are discussing.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

That I will 100% agree with. That is the main reason I use him.

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

If they reduced his stun percentage rate, would you stop using him? I see his taunt is the best. Followed by his health and protection Followed by his stun. Then his TM gain and finally his defense and life up buff. He is all around a very good toon.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

If they reduced his stun percentage rate, would you stop using him? I see his taunt is the best. Followed by his health and protection Followed by his stun. Then his TM gain and finally his defense and life up buff. He is all around a very good toon.

I am not sure. If there was another better stunner not named dooku I would try..

No doubt his taunt has saved me many times in fights and it is probably the better of the 2 abilities.
  • Options
    I run dooku lead, a maxxed fives, luminara, Han, and RG. I usually never get bumped out of the top 15
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    @Bones
    Mace Windu isn't garbage; with everyone getting damage reductions, his ability to expose a random enemy comes in handy. He can still do 5-7k damage each turn on exposed enemy, plus he has tank health.
    Add a qgj lead and he is good on offense.
    I'd remove him before retiring for the night though as AI doesn't understand how to attack the exposed enemy.

This is whole seperate topic in itself, but if he wasnt garbage, then im pretty sure He would be used at higher levels, but hes not. Almost anybody can be used on offense to help you win a game, when its you vs an AI that doesnt know how to play. I wanted mace to be good just as much as anybody but hes not, considering i do have him maxed out. Hes not somebody you would leave on your team overnight, you said it. And if you use him just to try and counter one team, then you will be targeted on the ladder as soon as someone sees you even using him. In my opinion if someone is a weak link like that then hes garbage and not worth using.
  • Options
    I just thought this myself, my choices are limited as I'm fairly new at 71 but was thinking
    Han
    RG
    QGJ
    lumi
    JC

ultimately thought it would be a decent endurance fight with two taunts and two heals but not enough firepower to probably win regularly on det. Any thoughts!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    I just thought this myself, my choices are limited as I'm fairly new at 71 but was thinking
    Han
    RG
    QGJ
    lumi
    JC

ultimately thought it would be a decent endurance fight with two taunts and two heals but not enough firepower to probably win regularly on det. Any thoughts!

As you said lacking firepower. Maybe someone else besides JC that could do some damage.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah and it's awesome. Ai waste Hans slot because meanwhile you can hit RG.

Focus RG, get more dps
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    Han
    RG
    QGJ
    lumi
    JC

Han is my leader. Defense means more now. Additionally, as @scuba and you already stated, what your team needs is more cowbell, I mean firepower.

When you get the toons, remove jc first then lumi. Heals aren't bad, they just mean less early game.
  • Options
    Fought? No. Pressed refresh 100 times when spotted? Yes.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    Fought? No. Pressed refresh 100 times when spotted? Yes.

Haha