Are we sure Galaxy War isn't harder since the update?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    It's harder, which makes sense because a lot of people are saying that.
    scuba wrote: »
    This is an opinionated poll. I can't answer for others I can only answer for myself So I selected the best option available out of the ones that you provided which for me no it is not any harder.

I personally hope they make a change to GW to make it fun for all players. Games should be hard but not frustrating.

I feel like the more appropriate answer would have been "It's not harder, but..." Even if you don't have the complete META, having RG and Daka counts for a lot.

Ideally the producers develop a game where Skill and Effort isn't knowing early which players are going to dominate or be obligatory.

Anyway, thanks I appreciate the sentiment. I just really hate coming onto the forum and seeing people so fervently shut down players who make legitimate complaints about the game.

It obviously effects how the developers make decisions.
  • Options
    Faustino wrote: »
    Longer. Btw nice nickname OP

Thanks very much.

By the way, It seems your answer should have been "It's not harder, but" because you use RG, now regarded as the most dominant player by most.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    NO, it really isn't harder!
    I dont find it harder as I run

Barris Lead
    Lumi
    Dooku
    QGJ
    Sid

I dont experience any deaths of my characters till late levels but I do alot of heals from Barris and Lumi.

GW does take much longer tho
  • Options
    I can see where it could be harder for some teams but I haven't seen it yet. My arena team is awful though. I blink and drop 100 spots.
  • Options

Thanks very much.

By the way, It seems your answer should have been "It's not harder, but" because you use RG, now regarded as the most dominant player by most.

My RG is barely 4*, I don't use him... Of those you said I only have Daka in my GW team.
  • Options
    It is not harder, this Game just got a WORST BALANCE AT ALL... If a Vader hits you and one Shoot kills you even when you got protection and your toon is a 7* 73 than something is wrong, also if a freaky Droid kills two of your Toons by a one shoot and those also got a half bar protection and they are also 73+ than tell me now that this balance is really Godlike
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Thanks very much.

I don't think that's a fair option. It's basicly saying that for the last 3 months I didn't farm any charactors to help me with GW and now it's the games fault that I can't finish.

It's not new that Barris and Daka are for GW.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I don't think that's a fair option. It's basicly saying that for the last 3 months I didn't farm any charactors to help me with GW and now it's the games fault that I can't finish.

Here's whats new, the update amplified the importance of having one of the best characters and added/removed a few to/from that list.

This is especially evident in GW where the difference is the most stark because Protection doesn't regenerate. So threads about GW are where it's the most evident that a vast majority of the people who support the update are the ones that have one or several very dominant characters.
  • Options
    The game is harder I'm thinking about getting rid of it, it was perfect before the update!!!
  • Options
    It's not harder for me, but I lean a lot on either RG, STH, Barriss, or Daka
    It's not harder for me. I use Daka and Barriss a lot, but other teams too. Depends on who I'm up against. The lack of protection on my own team after node 3 or 4 doesn't bother me at all. We have healers for a reason. I wouldn't say I "lean" on any of them though. Take Barriss or Daka away, I'm still finishing. It's about the bench. Period.

Also, I love the bias inherent in the actual poll questions, how the "it's harder" selection is apparently the one that "makes sense." Popularity of an answer doesn't make it right or full of "sense".
  • Options
    Not impossible, but much more challenging. If they set it up to where your opponent had the exact protection/health/cooldown as where they were at the time of their entering the same level battle, then it would be as is should. Otherwise, only the biggest spenders get to play to the end every time.
  • Options
    Or just forget protection altogether and we're good.
  • Options
    The game really isn't more difficult after the update. A little longer? Sure, and with that, comes some inherent need to change to adapt for things dragging out.

But a lot of the whining is just fear of change. This too, like anything else, shall pass.
  • Options
    The fact that you lose protection but the oponnent team always start a match with full protection, makes things harder and specially more time consuming.
  • Options
    Freakshow wrote: »
    If your old strategy is no longer as successful, and you had to dump 3.5 mil into a char to achieve the same level of success, that's pretty much more difficult by definition. That's not meant to be condescending in any regard, but if what you had, and what you did are no longer sufficient, that means s**t be harder

+1
  • Options
    It's harder, but I can still finish. I mainly find the battles unfair because protection can't be replenished. It means that even if we are facing opponents of similar power they always have the upper hand. They're always going to start out with full protection and we're not, at least not after our protection wears out.
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    All this poll shows is that the majority of posters are top 5 in this forum.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Here's whats new, the update amplified the importance of having one of the best characters and added/removed a few to/from that list.

This is especially evident in GW where the difference is the most stark because Protection doesn't regenerate. So threads about GW are where it's the most evident that a vast majority of the people who support the update are the ones that have one or several very dominant characters.

That might be true. I don't think enough time has elapsed to make that statement definitively. We don't know what combinations are effective yet. Tomorrow I will see if I can run it with ease without RG

Phasma
    QG
    GS
    Lumi
    RP

The biggest problem will be Phasma not cooling down so I might need to put JC in. But that would be using a fairly typical FTP team with no special toons.
  • Options
    Thanks to protection drawing out battles, I have an opportunity to recover from fighting squads that would otherwise take a piece of of me. I've had less regular need for suicide squads. Barriss, Luminara, JC, Dooku, and Daka. Battles take forever, but I'm usually in pretty good control.
  • Options
    Before it was an annoyance. Now it's just a massive frustration. I used to be one that had to get it done every day. Now I could really care less. Which hurts because it's really one of the only ways to get credits. Last night It took me over 2 hours to finish. No more. If one of my A team dies now, I'm done with it. I don't have the time to retreat 20 times in the last nodes to get it done.
  • Options
    I was going to start a new thread regarding GW after the update with protection, but I find this thread so I will give my feedback on our current GW..

It's hard! Oh my goodness, it is bad as the GW unfair match making that CG fixed couple of months ago. First off, I'm on the side that likes the new update and the whole protection added characters. It certainly makes arena fights longer and challenging, but still manageable and fun. On the other hand, this made GW very miserable to play. I've given it couple of days to try it out, but I have yet to finish all the nodes since the update. It's nice that I start off with full protection bar, but that will only last about 3 or 4 nodes before it disappears. The enemies however always start off with a full protection along with their full HP. Even if I heal my characters back to full health before starting on the next node, I'm still at a disadvantage because I can't recharge my protection bar. So, excluding the first 2 or 3 nodes, I'm fighting rest of the nodes at a unfair disadvantage. When I'm facing Barriss or Evasion leaders, you can bet that that fight will not be fun. I'm sure I'm not the only one who looked forward to GW everyday that is now dreading the GW.

I believe this new GW needs to be looked into by the developers. If they really believe it is still fun and enjoyable daily experience, I wont say anything more.

But please, CG, take a look at our new current GW and see if there is not a better way to balance it.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Options
    It's not harder for me, but I lean a lot on either RG, STH, Barriss, or Daka
    <-- Daka user.

It became easier for me, although longer (long battles, with several rounds of healing).
    I used to need sacrificial squads for high level enemies with poggle, poe or ST han (because their specials were squad killers).
    Now with the global improvements to defense and the lower damage, I can survive poggle's buff, take it like a man, and heal by the end of the fight. Even if my shields are down after the first few fights.

I did lose a lot of arena ranks (from 50-70 to 130 average) because of sticking with my GW team while leveling. It's not ideal for arena, but mops the floor with GW.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    Just finished today's, I took some notes.
    Character usage;
    Luminara 7* gear 8 Lv 73 (Leader)
    Jedi Consular 6* gear 8 Lv 71
    Resistance Pilot 7* gear level 7 Lv 73
    Rey 5* gear 8 Lv 73
    Geonsian Soldier 6* gear 8 Lv 73
    Captain Phasma 7* gear 7 Lv 70 (replaced Rey after she died)
    No suicide squad (or Poe suicide/sacrifice- which is abnormal)
    Start 1:40 am
    Finish 2:10 am
    Retreats: 3 (losing JC or Lumi too early)

Basic tactics-kill damage dealers and/or heal immunity characters first, Tanks/healers last.

By Node 4 I lost protection on everybody, also everything was Level 70+ from this point
    Rey died in node 7 to a Dooku lead squad-(admittedly his dodge+ was not being a total ***, some dodges but not the entire team missing in a row)
    Phasma's protection was gone by the end of node 8
    On node 12 I pressed auto and only selected targets, lost JC and RP

Before the update I'd have to retreat at least a dozen times to finish
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    One of you "legends" who claim to auto GW please post a video. The ai is crap, you can't possibly auto GW. Liars!

Longer, harder whatever you want to call it, it takes too long. I have finished gw everyday I have played it since I started playing in December, except for the day after the update. Prior to the previous update GW was harder then it is now, and everyone complained, they fixed it and it was great. Now they broke it again.
  • Options
    To echo what others have said, it's not really harder, just takes longer to complete.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Free Anakin
  • Options
    When the last node is a full 7* Level 73 team with Poe, IG88, IG86, Poggle and HK lead there is 0 chance of winning. GW is completely Broken in it's current state. GG EA.