Are we sure Galaxy War isn't harder since the update?

Prev1
Obi_Wan_Cannoli
272 posts Member
edited April 2016
Here's a wild idea. Maybe all the people who are saying it's harder, are saying that because it is actually harder.

There are nearly 80 characters. My belief is that if you have one or multiple of these 4 (RG, STH, Barriss, or Daka) it significantly changes your experience with GW.

Are we sure Galaxy War isn't harder since the update? 167 votes

NO, it really isn't harder!
45%
scubaSundodgerDidimosstupidfatfoolStarSonSekuFinnCptCavemanBrobiWanKenobiTrisbouilleunit900000WyrdduckRomao33SmithieEricsonXTwoThumbedBobKelsoJediLericheLordRathCometheloserIrrlicht 76 votes
It's not harder for me, but I lean a lot on either RG, STH, Barriss, or Daka
15%
benacrowArijitRobbathehuttBaggodiBaldoDarthTRexusMegadeth3700LegoLegs_YarzahnUriakatosmedetecNoSpoilTifer7AnimalMotherZapdoszapsZakharyMazurkamorcseaJedi_Rome20Qui_Gon_Bourbon1 26 votes
It's harder, which makes sense because a lot of people are saying that.
38%
SarcodinoJaegerKonaEhukaiSubwayRayCobrasManoDarth_MangoOrionPeaceHangfireEl_DuderinoCitoakWildGrunttajienaEnderULunaMaatwhostoblameHeywoodJedilove3737Jaletc007ZathrackBrandiecardoza 65 votes

Replies

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't know what to vote for here, but it isn't necessarily harder, just longer than before.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's harder. I haven't found it impossible, but it's harder. I've had a max gear Daka for a long time and I run a heal heavy team, so I'm doing just fine... But it's definitely harder. Everyone else has more HP (prot) and from about the halfway point, you don't. That's harder.
  • Options
    Bad choice of answers. To be clearer, it is harder but not impossible (for me). I have completed every GW since the update but I understand how people hate the change. I personally dislike it because it takes away more time of my day. Not every one has the luxury of playing a freemium game all day. Nothing wrong with those who do but others have responsibilities and priorities.

Also, I'm forced to mix and match now according to the teams I face in GW. Mainly QGJ and Dooku lead, with Genosion, Lumi, JC, Daka and 86 involved. I never use my Barris, RG, STHan or Phasma. FTP btw.
  • Options
    It's actually easier. The first 3 nodes now only pull less than 10 levels below you. Rest is the same. Protection makes no difference.
  • Options
    it's not harder, just longer
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I auto the entire thing today ahaha no problem mission complete ding ding.
  • JerryFoote
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Alot of people are saying its not harder even in this thread you add the nos more nos then yes. Btw i use qui gon, eth koth, jedi consular, lumi, and gm yoda. I think it got easier.

I tried clicking no it really isnt harder as i dont use rg, sth (not sure who that it), bariss, or daka
  • Options
    It is easier for me. I get fewer difficult teams at the end. Either that or my team members got buffed.
    I have not yet seen a team that gave me real difficulty since the update.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I noticed no difference other than the length of my GW.

Went from 30 min to almost an hour. I run a full group of healers so I have no need to retreat, but I end up having to cleave through almost double the amount of health I would have otherwise pre-update.
  • Options
    went from running it daily to crushed halfway through. Obviously my team needs adjustment, but just as obviously harder
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Exact same difficulty for me but takes longer to complete due to protection.

Barriss is the god-empress of GW... I honestly can't tell if the difficulty has changed. Seems like if it was easy before it's still easy but if you were struggling protection can be a problem?
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    I don't even have to retreat dozens of times due to losing Lumi/Jedi Consular (the most vital GW characters I have) as much anymore.
    And I'm generally without my protection bar(s) from node 2-4
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Easier. Prior to the update, I played my A squad all the way through and just used B/C squads to soften hard nodes. Now I START with my C squad. This saves the A/B squads protection for final nodes, thus making them easier than before. Also, when you save AI tanks and healers as your last targets, the additional protection they have allows you to smack away with your basics longer. Thus your special timers are almost always rest before the next node.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    In the first 2-3 days I found it incredibily hard until I found a good squad:
    Phasma 7* (Lead), QGJ 5*, Daka 5*, RG 4*, Lumi 7* is working great for me. Against Yoda I swap QGJ against Ventress 6* for the debuff skill.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's ironic that you don't like people posting in a condescending manner because their experience doesn't match others experience and yet you post in a condescending manner because your experience doesn't match others.

As for GW, I think that GW is different, not harder, and requires a different strategy. I found it quite slow and difficult using my old strategy. I had to dump 3.5 million into a charactor (Phasma) in order for it to be easy again.

I do think people are more reacting to change rather than it being objectively more difficult.
  • Options
    If your old strategy is no longer as successful, and you had to dump 3.5 mil into a char to achieve the same level of success, that's pretty much more difficult by definition. That's not meant to be condescending in any regard, but if what you had, and what you did are no longer sufficient, that means s**t be harder
  • Options
    I dont believe it is
  • Mythov
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Its harder but that actuqlly makes it a challenge for a change
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Freakshow wrote: »
    If your old strategy is no longer as successful, and you had to dump 3.5 mil into a char to achieve the same level of success, that's pretty much more difficult by definition. That's not meant to be condescending in any regard, but if what you had, and what you did are no longer sufficient, that means s**t be harder

No it means it's different. And equally easy to get. I'm still running 2 GW farms, a Cantina, a hard node, and an 8 energy cantina node. So even if you factor charactor rarity it's not harder to get the characters needed.

I actually have fewer losses and fewer retreats now than I used to. I just didn't have turn meter manipulation leveled.
  • Options
    It's harder but I've still beat it everyday just takes me an extra 20 minutes.
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I tested today to see if I could auto it all and I did. Granted I'm still only lvl 71 I may not count as much but I auto completed the whole thing with only losing jc, which I replaced with sid because of running into lots of healers in last 4 nodes.

Edited for spelling
  • Options
    I didn't vote because the choices are weird but mine has gotten incredibly hard on both my P2P account and my sons FTP account. I have still finished everyday because of the variety of toons I have. He has an A team that is all 6* level 65 mostly gear 8 but abig drop off to his secondary toons. We have only finished on his account twice since the update and it's not looking good today. Already hitting squads equal to his in node 5. Being FTP he simply hasn't built enough toons.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Freakshow wrote: »

No it means it's different. And equally easy to get. I'm still running 2 GW farms, a Cantina, a hard node, and an 8 energy cantina node. So even if you factor charactor rarity it's not harder to get the characters needed.

I actually have fewer losses and fewer retreats now than I used to. I just didn't have turn meter manipulation leveled.

If you have most of the best chars at high lvls, nothing in the game is going to get harder, the only real challenge is pvp vs. other players of your calibre. For mid lvl player who don't have a huge assortment of high tier chars (such as myself) the difficulty is noticeably higher
  • Options
    It's not harder, but it takes longer.

If you run into a string of RG teams, then it might get pretty annoying though.
  • Options
    Longer. Btw nice nickname OP
  • Options
    First 5 people who put No!

#1 @scuba in his last reply said he uses RG in GW
    #2 User has no recent post
    #3 @StarSon in another thread said he uses Daka in GW and you're level 50. Level 74 GW is very different.
    #4 @Finn also uses Daka
    #5 @CptCaveman in another thread specifically referred to using RG to beat GW

I can likely go on

I think I made my point. There is a very clear META that was very amplified with the update. GW is harder, and I honestly have no idea why there are so many No's. It seams disingenuous.
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah it harder, which I don't mind. It just take too long now. It's getting to the point where I won't have the time, to complete it. Even half of the **** protection would be nice. Retreating gets annoying , n just to time consuming
  • Options
    Its definetly harder I played this game everyday for 3 months and its definitely harder. But like most posts said not impossible. I did have to completely rearrange my team though.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I'm playing at level 74 and am a sufferer of investing in the mugs that I like such as boba fett, I've gone from daily completion to lucky to last half way through even though I've got 7 characters above level 70 with gear 8 and upward!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    First 5 people who put No!

#1 @scuba in his last reply said he uses RG in GW
    #2 User has no recent post
    #3 @StarSon in another thread said he uses Daka in GW and you're level 50. Level 74 GW is very different.
    #4 @Finn also uses Daka
    #5 @CptCaveman in another thread specifically referred to using RG to beat GW

I can likely go on

I think I made my point. There is a very clear META that was very amplified with the update. GW is harder, and I honestly have no idea why there are so many No's. It seams disingenuous.

@Obi_Wan_Cannoli none of what I write below is meant as a personal attack on you or anyone.

This is an opinionated poll. I can't answer for others I can only answer for myself So I selected the best option available out of the ones that you provided which for me no it is not any harder.

I have never said it wasn't harder for others. The people I chat with in my guild find it hard and I believe them and most others that state it as such on the forums. I have never once told someone else that they are crazy their GW can't be hard because mine is not. I don't play their match-ups and I don't have their teams.

META is normally referring to a team not one charater

I run my GW with Ewoks sth/rg/daka, which is what I posted and what you are partially quoting.

I personally hope they make a change to GW to make it fun for all players. Games should be hard but not frustrating.