RG this..Yoda that..get back to why GS and Rey didn't get damage reduced more!

Prev1
Ace007kcmo
66 posts Member
edited April 2016
Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase. Quote from @EA_Jesse in patch notes for this last update.

We all know Yoda got the nerf bat this patch, but GS and Rey and still hitting for 10K+!?!? Seemingly untouched in the DPS department and all I see mainly is RG this..Yoda that..Dooku blah blah..don't disagree at all, but it STILL needs addressed!

I still see both GS and Rey one shot members of my team at times. Level 74, 7*, gear 9 (Yes, I precrafted!) Rey hit on of my toons today for 5K, 6k and crit for 10k....WHAT!?! Speed didn't come into effect on that calibration, IMO! As for GS...broken record ,but still needs said!!

I'm one that thinks the majority of the patch is OK for the game, but I keep seeing the same things that need to be addressed for "game balance" and the characters that are always in discussions about being OP STILL haven't been fixed! Ok, one got his nuts removed, but the others?!? I understand that there will always been a character that has to be better then the rest, but these 2 are still out of control.
Post edited by Ace007kcmo on

Replies

• Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Wholeheartedly agreed. They're both still op as shlt, and leia still hits really hard on top of having some of the best speed in the game as well. If she's staying chromium exclusive I guess I can stomach this. But what about anakin? Oh lerd.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Peempo wrote: »
    Wholeheartedly agreed. They're both still op as shlt, and leia still hits really hard on top of having some of the best speed in the game as well. If she's staying chromium exclusive I guess I can stomach this. But what about anakin? Oh lerd.

What about Anakin, FOTP? They're terrible there's nothing more to know about them. REVERSE THE NERFS
  • Options
    Take GS against someone like Fives and then you will know that he isn't overpowered. Especially when you have to shoot your way through RG first.
  • Options
    Rey and GS both got nerfed pretty hard. Both used to be able to do 20,000 damage with offense up.
  • Options
    #ReyGotTheGoldMineAnakinGotTheShaft
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »

Hahah preach. Help me spread the #anakinmegathread as well
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Leave Rey, leave the hard to get characters. Nerf no one!
  • Options
    This totally agree
  • Ace007kcmo
    66 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Lmao!

There were a lot of things that I didn't like, too many to put in my post, but Anakin also got the nerf bat to the nuts!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, seems very odd.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »

@Baldo, Anakin and Yoda got the shaft and is just as hard to get as Rey..we all saw Anakin and Yoda get dps reductions and Rey didn't change hardly at all that I can see.

• Options
    Ace007kcmo wrote: »

@Baldo, Anakin and Yoda got the shaft and is just as hard to get as Rey..we all saw Anakin and Yoda get dps reductions and Rey didn't change hardly at all that I can see.

If by "hardly at all" you actually mean almost 50%, then yes, hardly at all.

And GS got a little stealth nerf the other day on top of the main one. If they are still doing big numbers to you it's because they have offense up or some buff. Rey needs s buff on her to get her Flurry to hit an extra time.

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

And GS got a little stealth nerf the other day on top of the main one. If they are still doing big numbers to you it's because they have offense up or some buff. Rey needs s buff on her to get her Flurry to hit an extra time.

Yep!!!!
  • Options
    Barriss got nerfed too!

Understand that characters needed to change a little for balance purposes, i have no problem with that. I run a full Jedi team for arena and finished 1st yesterday, so I'm not hating on everything but Jedi. I am disappointed that it stated fast characters will have their damage reduced in this patch seems not to have happened to certain fast characters.
  • Ace007kcmo
    66 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Didn't know about the stealth nerf, hence the name of it lol. I'm just saying I don't think it was enough IMO.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options

Rey learned mind contol in 5 seconds! What Anakin did? He earned his nerf!
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I havnt seen GS nor Rey 1 shot a high geared toon since the addition of protection.

Rey and GS offer nothing but damage. That's why they are what they are. If anything, we need more pure damage classes that can output like Rey and GS.

If Rey and GS had their only tool taken away from them, they would become useless. Look at fotp. He now has taken a backseat. Nerfing pure damage classes is not the correct approach. If other toons put forth the same damage as Rey and GS and they brought utility skills too, then they would become essential.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    KAULI wrote: »

Anakin is the chosen one. He's done plenty.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    went up against a rey 7* today and she seems to hit a lot less, same as GS and QGJ.

Yoda needed a nerf because that ability where he steals all the buffs is ridiculously strong. And now that matches are longer he throws that at least twice a match. When everyone gets foresight its pretty much match over.

• Options
    I'm not that upset with the update but protection doesn't live up to its name. It is basically just health that can't be recovered. When it was initial explained I though it woudl prevent a "one shot" by absorbing all of the damage of a single attack in the turn/hit that it reached zero. Instead the damage just continues to health and then can not be recovered. I think a change like this woudl be a benefit and make the and balance the high damage characters with out the need to Nerf them. If it is not going to protect just return the stat to health.
  • Options
    @VeridianShakes, I changed the thread title to say reduced "more". I see that the 2 have had their damage reduced, but I still contend it was not enough. Anakin and Yoda are now swinging their glowing wet noodles while Rey and GS can ONLY hit for 10K now.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    KAULI wrote: »

Anakin is the chosen one. He's done plenty.

What do you prefer, being the chosen one and fail badly or have mind control? >:)
  • Options
    I still use Rey, but she's dropped out of most other teams in our leaderboard's top 10. GS is still around.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rey doesn't hit as hard anymore and she's a two hit KO still. So shes usually gone very early in the match. Rey can't keep up, there are better glass canons that have more health now.
  • Options
    If ya can't beat em, join em
  • Options
    Stop whining. They're glass cannons. Yes, they might be able to one-shot you (though with protection it is highly unlikely), but you can one-shot them with ease.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    Rey doesn't hit as hard anymore and she's a two hit KO still. So shes usually gone very early in the match. Rey can't keep up, there are better glass canons that have more health now.

This. The question used to be, who can Rey NOT one-shot? The answer was almost no one when she had Offense Up and used her special. Now, Rey doing 10k damage to RG's 40k life is a joke.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Show me GS one shotting! Come on! I leave him for last in droid teams now! He has been nerfed!
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    GS QGJ Rey and Dooku all seemed to have a noticealbe decrease in damage. I still use QGJ and GS as my offense though. But I run Phasma and QGJ, so they usually have advantage or Offense up to help out.