RG this..Yoda that..get back to why GS and Rey didn't get damage reduced more!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    If your complaining about either of them your doing it wrong. The others just got too big of a nerf. Without crit, it would take Rey 6-8 turns to take down RG. That is NOT op
  • Options
    I did 1000 damage in galactic war with maxed out rey. That doesnt happen. The problem isnt as large anymore so quit crying
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    My god, how many posts about this are going to be made...

Rey and GS DEAL DAMAGE. THAT'S ALL THEY DO. Yoda gives Tenacity Up, steals buffs, gives buffs, has an AOE, essentially has UTILITY. He was doing way more damage than he should have been previously. He was not balanced properly.

Rey and GS have zero utility. They attack. That's it. That's their purpose. They just keep attacking. They offer nothing outside of that.

If Rey and GS were nerfed to the ground, they would be flat out unplayable. Yoda, however, still sees some play. Yoda was also not nerfed as badly as everyone makes him out to be, as his Rank 8 AOE skill was listed improperly on many websites, and the calculated damage showed a spike lowered more than what should have been shown.

If you're using Yoda as a DPS you're using him wrong. It was never his intended purpose so stop thinking he's going to be this ridic DPS for you.

Rey and GS are still strong DPS. If you want a glass cannon DPS, use one of them.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    @Naecabon well said, now I am quitting.;)
  • Options
    I agree. GS and Rey got a small reduction to there basic attack but their special attacks were left pretty much untouched. Rey and GS can still drain the whole life bar in one shot except it's the protection bar now. Then the other toons can finish them off. Toons can still die before getting a turn bc of this decision by CG/EA.

They weakened the toons that were weak to begin with, like Mace and Magma, while leaving the op and source of the problem toons almost untouched. This baffles me. I'm really curious to see how they handle this, if they handle this, and I would love to hear their reasoning on why GS/Rey still blow 10k wads in your face before anyone else goes.

I don't think Rey/GS should have low damage, well Rey at least bc of her low health. I think Rey should have between medium and high damage (by that I mean above average but not great). I'm not sure how much they actually took speed into account when adjusting damage, and I don't think even considered health as part of the equation, IMO.

For lack of a better word, this update left me FLABBERGASTED!
  • Options
    I agree. GS and Rey got a small reduction to there basic attack but their special attacks were left pretty much untouched. Rey and GS can still drain the whole life bar in one shot except it's the protection bar now. Then the other toons can finish them off. Toons can still die before getting a turn bc of this decision by CG/EA.

They weakened the toons that were weak to begin with, like Mace and Magma, while leaving the op and source of the problem toons almost untouched. This baffles me. I'm really curious to see how they handle this, if they handle this, and I would love to hear their reasoning on why GS/Rey still blow 10k wads in your face before anyone else goes.

I don't think Rey/GS should have low damage, well Rey at least bc of her low health. I think Rey should have between medium and high damage (by that I mean above average but not great). I'm not sure how much they actually took speed into account when adjusting damage, and I don't think even considered health as part of the equation, IMO.

+1
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Ace007kcmo wrote: »

+1

You both aren't even acknowldeging what I, @Naecabon and others have posted. You essentially want Rey and GS nerfed so the can sit on the bench.

Pure dps classes serve a specific function. If yoda hit as hard as they did and he provided all his utilities, he would be essential.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    chuckwing wrote: »
    #ReyGotTheGoldMineAnakinGotTheShaft

Leave Rey, leave the hard to get characters. Nerf no one!

@Baldo, Anakin and Yoda got the shaft and is just as hard to get as Rey..we all saw Anakin and Yoda get dps reductions and Rey didn't change hardly at all that I can see.

If by "hardly at all" you actually mean almost 50%, then yes, hardly at all.

And GS got a little stealth nerf the other day on top of the main one. If they are still doing big numbers to you it's because they have offense up or some buff. Rey needs s buff on her to get her Flurry to hit an extra time.

Which is not hard at all when she is surrounded by 2 tanks and 2 supports and hilariously enough she is capable of compensating for the damage loss that implies having all those tanks and supports. But wait, theres more! If all of that goes wrong just laugh at that foresight proc absorbing that incoming damage. She is described by the game as a risky attacker but you take no risks with her on a proper team.
  • Anraeth_Erith
    40 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

+1

You both aren't even acknowldeging what I, @Naecabon and others have posted. You essentially want Rey and GS nerfed so the can sit on the bench.

Pure dps classes serve a specific function. If yoda hit as hard as they did and he provided all his utilities, he would be essential.

I mean GS's damage is fine to be honest, Rey on the other hand is almost perfect balance wise, because her basic is nice, her 2nd special attack is great because it does a lot of dmg but ir requires a wind up but her other special (the 1st) is just *coughs in disgust*. No wind up, can crit and can crit even harder once she has offense up (and she will) And it will give you foresight every time unless you have a buff on the you get offense up instead... what? RS's outmaneuver is just good but next to this skill is pretty much a basic attack.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    The other part of the Rey GS nerf hasn't happened yet. Protection is roughly equal to health so they doubled the health difference between cannons and slow attackers like savage.

GS has gear IX so has he inflated protection numbers relative to the toons he's facing.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    My god, how many posts about this are going to be made...

Rey and GS DEAL DAMAGE. THAT'S ALL THEY DO. Yoda gives Tenacity Up, steals buffs, gives buffs, has an AOE, essentially has UTILITY. He was doing way more damage than he should have been previously. He was not balanced properly.

Rey and GS have zero utility. They attack. That's it. That's their purpose. They just keep attacking. They offer nothing outside of that.

If Rey and GS were nerfed to the ground, they would be flat out unplayable. Yoda, however, still sees some play. Yoda was also not nerfed as badly as everyone makes him out to be, as his Rank 8 AOE skill was listed improperly on many websites, and the calculated damage showed a spike lowered more than what should have been shown.

If you're using Yoda as a DPS you're using him wrong. It was never his intended purpose so stop thinking he's going to be this ridic DPS for you.

Rey and GS are still strong DPS. If you want a glass cannon DPS, use one of them.

I see your points, however you didn't cover anakin. Any thoughts on why he's a total douchestick now?
  • Yoshi253
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just made an account for this topic, although usually lurking in reddit only.

I can't say much about Anakin. I run into him here and there, but when you see him, you definitely have other problems and he got nerfed indirectly because the game involves less deaths compared to the length of a fight now. Yoda won a lot in terms of usability apart from damage, as he actually throws his skills more than once in arena and GW too. As his damage got nerfed, it becomes more apparent what else skills he brings to the fight, and he is far from useless.
    I can say some more about the others.

I run IX 6* RG as well as IX *7 QGJ, coupled with Daka, Poggle and that stupid Dooku lead (seriously, I loved dooku from the start, but learned to hate him for the **** dodge and myself for using him, but what do you want to do?). I was competing for top twenty before the patch and for top ten since it came, but I made L74 the same day so I could level Daka, QGJ and RG(three precrafted luckily), QGJ made 7* then as well. I compete with all around precrafted players though, as this shard is going since GoH hit the playstore.

Royal guard is on the edge of drawing games into the time limit, and he really makes arena fights very challenging, as his turn meter passive brings some random in the first round and you really have to think about how to being those high prior targets down, what to do while taunted, how to arrange the QGJ debuff. Most battles now are between 4 and 4.5 minutes now, and the credit usually goes to RG. He could do with a little less protection I think, but at least in this really old shard, he is OK - and on offense, ST Han does better.

GS is a pain in the **** - and he should be. But he has the advantage as to be fairly maxed still. Nevertheless, his high DPM coupled with high speed and still high health (reduce for 2k?) make him a top notch character with no synergies needed still.

QGJ is fairly balanced in my opinion - then again, I play him myself and like his quite high damage output in any attack even after nerf coupled with his usefullness: choose between burst, high damage and buff(taunt!) Remove and fast turn on basic. His leader skill though is incredibly strong with just one or two more Jedi.

My absolute bane is Rey. Competing against teams just as my own with Rey as a single change in the composition, I don't stand a chance when she is maxed and 7stared. On VIII, she still hits as hard as before the changes and is dishing out 25000 easily even when focussed behind RG before being taken down, and you can get unlucky still. On gear IX, she almost one shots Dooku with offense up (had 1k left after her first turn). I had her do 10k + 2.5 +2.5 +2.5 with the second special, and there is definitely something wrong (honestly, this must be a bug?). To be frank, Rey is the only character that reliably prevents me from entering the top five, as I can only survive her 'decently' with a lot of luck, and that can take three turns easily. Didn't manage to survive 9* Rey once, although I have precrafted gear for three out of five myself.
    A single character should not be able to dominate this heavily - you could say the same for RG, but I think Han can compete on offense and if you can bring the same team, anyone can be beaten if you're not having a really and run.

And as I am writing now anyway, I noticed something not surprising and rather funny: My very old shard top ten did not change in team composition since the patch. Favorite combo is still either QGJ Yoda Rey RG GS or Dooku QGJ Rey RG GS. You don't go to the top without a top rey. I think that speaks for itself.

Edit: just clarified and corrected autocorrect.
  • Options
    Nerf gs and rey to the ground like yoda.
  • Options
    Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase. Quote from @EA_Jesse in patch notes for this last update.

This was either lying or incompetence. Don't use that as a template regarding how the changes were made.

The correct patch notes should have been "we will reduce damage on 80% of the heroes in game."
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase. Quote from @EA_Jesse in patch notes for this last update.

This was either lying or incompetence. Don't use that as a template regarding how the changes were made.

The correct patch notes should have been "we will reduce damage on 80% of the heroes in game."

Or they just changed their mind. Who cares.
  • Options

It's not something new, is it? Lol. It is what it is. I agree with your above post too.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

Who cares? Their costumers.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Had to lol at that.

If they did change their mind since the March 18 update then that's fine. I'm okay with that.

But to repost that exact phrasing with the 14th of April update and the in game notification regarding that update is a blatant lie.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

Had to lol at that.

If they did change their mind since the March 18 update then that's fine. I'm okay with that.

But to repost that exact phrasing with the 14th of April update and the in game notification regarding that update is a blatant lie.

Is your argument then that ea should have been more descriptive with there 'nebulous' response or are you for nerfing Rey and GS? Oh. There is a correct answer here too.
  • Options

Had to lol at that.

That happens when you speak more languages than you can handle (because i'm dyslexic, lol.)