Stat Transparency

13Next

Replies

• Orions
    269 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Orions wrote: »
    Ackbar has a higher physcial damage stat then Rey but obviously that doesnt translate in PvP

You mean Ackbars single shot blast for physical dmg as a support character, compared to Rey multi hit shots as an Attacker... yes very different characters, you think their tags as Support/Tank/Healer/Attackers might have to do with their dmg output? Ackbar doesn't do much DMG, but can Rey remove a deathmark?

Game companies will always give you a few stats but not the hidden modifiers, because if they did and you didn't like they way they did it you would never stop bothering them to change it to the way YOU think it should be caculated... Play the game, learn and play the game deeper, but if you know everything is no longer a game, its pure math.

O

That's... not right. Plenty of games (and almost every good one) tell you how the game works. Why even bother to have a physical damage rating if it means absolutely nothing to the player? It should at least suggest accuracy. A character with a higher physical damage rating should, basic attack vs basic attack, do more damage than a lower listed character even if we don't know the full equation, and that's currently not the case.

Please show me a list of the plenty of games that give all stats including all modifiers, and not just list the games, but I need to see the calculations that the game fully gives the player that flat out shows everything.

I've played plenty of games that gave you tons of stats, but they all always seem to leave somethings out for the mystery of RNG.

Accuracy rating, with so much fun with dodge people would love to know that their character has high accuracy just to be dodged a few times in a row and complain acc doesn't work properly.

So you've testing Ackbars basic vs Reys basic, both characters exact same lvl, gear and stars, attacks not criting and taking into account that Rey is an Attacker and Ackbar is support, what were the numbers?

O
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    @Orions Here is my bit from earlier in the thread, comparing two attackers (Kylo and Rey)
    Another damage comparison: Maxed out. Kylo Ren has a listed (physical) damage rating of 2355 and Rey has 2349. This would lead a player to believe Kylo does slightly more damage than Rey, but with the hidden multipliers...

Kylo does about 2400 damage on his basic, 2600 on Lash Out, and 5000 (8000 with low hp buff) on Outrage

Rey does 5000 damage on her basic, 10,000 on Leverage and 8000 + 2000 to 6000 on Flurry.

Rey does twice Kylo's Damage or more despite having nearly identical visible damage ratings.

As for games that tell you how the game works...

Every Blizzard game for starters. League of Legends (Riot), DOTA 2 (Valve). Every single player RPG I've ever played (a lot). I admit I've never played any other mobile games, so maybe this is par for the course here, but honestly I expect better.

• Options
    Could you imagine the additional BUGS found if there was true stat transparency? OMG! The forum would explode!
  • Options
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    Options
    @Orions Here is my bit from earlier in the thread, comparing two attackers (Kylo and Rey)
    Another damage comparison: Maxed out. Kylo Ren has a listed (physical) damage rating of 2355 and Rey has 2349. This would lead a player to believe Kylo does slightly more damage than Rey, but with the hidden multipliers...

Kylo does about 2400 damage on his basic, 2600 on Lash Out, and 5000 (8000 with low hp buff) on Outrage

Rey does 5000 damage on her basic, 10,000 on Leverage and 8000 + 2000 to 6000 on Flurry.

Rey does twice Kylo's Damage or more despite having nearly identical visible damage ratings.

Every Blizzard game for starters. League of Legends (Riot), DOTA 2 (Valve). Every single player RPG I've ever played (a lot). I admit I've never played any other mobile games, so maybe this is par for the course here, but honestly I expect better.

Good Math show, I understand what your saying.

The only thing I see missing from your math is what each power lvl does to each attack,(some give more dmg through 1-7 some give more status effect), so on each of their basics what did each lvl bring. I'd be curious to see the in game damage for Kylo vs Rey same lvl gear and * but their attacks at lvl 1 opposed to lvl 7/Omega'd.

O
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Orions wrote: »

Good Math show, I understand what your saying.

The only thing I see missing from your math is what each power lvl does to each attack,(some give more dmg through 1-7 some give more status effect), so on each of their basics what did each lvl bring. I'd be curious to see the in game damage for Kylo vs Rey same lvl gear and * but their attacks at lvl 1 opposed to lvl 7/Omega'd.

O

You can actual check the multipliers for every character at every ability level directly here.

https://swgoh.gg/
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/kylo-ren/
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/rey/

But just as an example, Kylo has a base, unmodified multiplier of 0.769 and Rey has a 1.473 without any bonuses from leveling the basic attack. That's a huge variance the player has no way of knowing without going to an external site, and I see no real reason for it to be set up that way. This information should also be available in game.
  • Options

Lol! That's exactly what would happen.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Please? D:
  • Options
    Up
  • Options
    Up
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Hello stat thread my old friend, I've come to talk with you again.
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    Options
    With mods on the game the real knowledge about stats is crucial.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I have to say it. You did good.

Stats are actually worth something now, great overhaul!