Droid users excited for Jawa Engineer?

Prev1
CptCaveman
713 posts Member
edited April 2016
Who else is excited that Jawa Engineer is finally coming to the game? Been looking at his data mined info for a long time waiting on his release.

If nothing changes from the data mined info, here are his skills/stats at max:

Speed: 153
Health: 13187
Protection: 11261
Power: 6948

Basic: apply a miniaturized detonater that detonates after 1 turn

Special (cd 4): revive a fallen droid ally at 1% health, then all allies recover 30% of their Max health

Special (cd 5): all allies gain critical chance up for 2 turns, Jawa and droid allies gain 45% turn meter.

Unique: Jawa engineer has +10 speed for each living droid or Jawa ally.

I understand why he wasn't released in the old meta, he would have been way too powerful with his speed and ability to give turn meter. Would have let the droids go before everyone. With a team of 4 droids, his speed will be 193, making him one of, if not the fastest toon in the game.

His special that gives crit chance and turn meter will allow him to move the rest of his team up to 193 speed allowing the droids first turn. Hate how 88 always gets taken out before he can move? Won't have to worry about that now, and if he does, he can be revived and healed.

Jawa Engineers basic looks horrible, but no big deal, he is not there to do damage anyways. This addition will make droid teams beastly. People may need to farm up Jawa and anti droid toons to counter.
It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....

Replies

• Options
    I'm thinkin HK lead, 88, 86, 100, JE. JE goes first at 193 speed, uses special giving droids crit chance up and immediately filling droids turn meter. HK, 88, and 100 use aoes, two crits land and they get to go again. 100 hasn't been hit, so he gains speed up and offense up, while also reducing turn meter. Droids may get multiple turns in before the enemy has a chance to go.

I thought the nerf calls for droids were bad after last update, they will be a lot worse after this guy is released. Hopefully they have balanced it. This combo may indeed be too op if everything stays like the data mined info says. It may require anti droid teams to deal with the droids. But, who knows, the stats I posted may all be wrong, guess we will have to wait and see.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    GG (L)
    Jawa Engineer
    Jawa
    Datcha
    RG

Essentially you are guarenteed to revive GG each time! Engineer would be lightning quick at 193 (includes himself in calculation I believe). Insert whatever tank you like at end, but we all know RG is best right now.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Gonna be sick
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    To be honest, he sounds broken to me already!
  • Options
    It's ok guys! We have Eeth Koth to take care of droids! Him and that beastly 2k damage of his!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    It's ok guys! We have Eeth Koth to take care of droids! Him and that beastly 2k damage of his!

Droids are very beatable now, but this Jawa Engineer sounds like too much!
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    *drool, slobber, pant* :p
  • Options
    HK (L)
    JE
    Han

= GG
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Nah you don't need tanks when this guy comes. Just put Poggle instead of Han then GG!
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    Good that we're all excited about the Jawa Engineer. I remember how in the movies he helped single handedly end the empire by working with assassin droids, Han Solo, and occasionally Genosian soldiers.

Maybe some of you don't read all the SW universe literature but he is one of the most critical and compelling characters involved in cleaning up the mobile base the Jawa live on in Tatooine. And while in the movies it seems like all the Jawas in his tribe died by, like, 2 storm troopers that was all just droids staged by the engineer to keep the Jawa people safe so they could exact their revenge and single handedly kill the Emperor using their programming on the farmboy Luke to enable him to interact with the Force.

I can't wait until his movie installment. I think it's set after Rogue One.
  • Options
    I have also been waiting for him. He will make my droids the team to beat.
  • Options
    Poggle (L)
    JE
    GS
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    *LOL* Awww, SlyGambit! Thanks! Best laugh I've had in days! Still chuckling.... B)
  • Options
    Could this finally be the rise of Ugnaught?!
  • DarthMelkor
    277 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rex lead clone teams would dominate JE, what with all those crits from hk 88 and 100 giving his team TM every time they get crit. Seems appropriate since killing droids is what clones do best.

• Options
    I'm still waiting for my Lobot to hit puberty...
  • Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    I'm thinkin HK lead, 88, 86, 100, JE. JE goes first at 193 speed, uses special giving droids crit chance up and immediately filling droids turn meter. HK, 88, and 100 use aoes, two crits land and they get to go again. 100 hasn't been hit, so he gains speed up and offense up, while also reducing turn meter. Droids may get multiple turns in before the enemy has a chance to go.

If most/all droids get a turn or two before the other team with the engineers special, looks like droids teams will be dropping their tank for the engineer. I will be sad to see the Han/IG-100 tm combo leave, but the engineer's special in conjunction with HKs leader ability at 80 looks too good to pass up.
  • Options
    Rex lead clone teams would dominate JE, what with all those crits from hk 88 and 100 giving his team TM every time they get crit. Seems appropriate since killing droids is what clones do best.

Good point. Looks like there will be multiple counters.... Clones, jawas, Jedi. I have a low level low gear 7* Datcha sitting the bench, may have to train him up and get to work on Jawa as a counter.
  • Options
    Dont think it will stop the RG revolution.

But any assistance to droid teams helps.
  • Options
    Looks like a mixed jawa/droid team would counter a hk droid team easily.

Any thoughts on using JE with one or two droids/jawas inside of a Dooku/RG squad? Or another. Nice thing about JE is that he doesn't need to be lead to synergies with droids, and he can give the rest of your team crit chance up. I was thinking with 88 or 86 he could be used to speed them up, and then if they die he could revive the droid and provide heals to the rest of your team.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    HK (L)
    JE
    Han

= GG

Almost, I'd take

HK(L)
    Han
    Daka

Stun + added ressurect. HELLO!
  • Merula
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »

My 7* Ugnaught would dodge all that mess. ;-)
  • Options
    Has Jawa Engineer been confirmed or is it just data-mined wishful thinking?
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Jawas + droid team VS Ewok team.
    The ultimate battle for star wars supremacy! Forget this dark side light side nonsense!
  • Options
    Has Jawa Engineer been confirmed or is it just data-mined wishful thinking?

Jesse said Jawa Engineer and Gammorean Guard are coming to the guild store. The data mined stats may not be correct, but I doubt it.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Will he be more useful than Poggle in a droid team?

Can't really have too many support toons and enough firepower to win. I think it will have to be one or the other.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

My thought exactly. They just need to survive the crits.
  • Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    Will he be more useful than Poggle in a droid team?

Can't really have too many support toons and enough firepower to win. I think it will have to be one or the other.

I think so. Crit chance up with 45% turn meter gain combined with fastest speed in game. Resurrect and heal droids, gonna be awesome.
  • Options
    I really hope JE will not come out has datamined. In my opinion, he will be like a new Poe: everyone will be running him in a droid team and a coin flip will determine the winner. Mark my words.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lobot (L)
    JE
    GG
    Ig86/88
    IG100