Dodging while stunned

Blankenshipbro
132 posts Member
edited April 2016
Alright I know the devs have known about this bug for at least 2 months now. In recent updates I see no notes that say whether or not they are working to fix this even though I have heard two months ago that they were "working on it". Can one of the devs give me a straight answer here?

Stunning Dooku is the easiest way to defeat him but when he dodges three times while stunned and gains offense up then continues to have like 6 attacks off of a counter it is extremely annoying since he should be dead already.

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yeah, add that to the list.
    Stunning toons with Foresight.
    RG autotaunt proc's while stunned.
    Everyone plays the same bugs, so....

Take mental note, and make it part of your strategy. Does it all suck? Maybe. I'm afraid of what the game will be if/when they fix this stuff. It could be even worse. So I say, f it. Leave it alone and revisit AFTER adding the space ships! SPACE SHIPS! Woohoo!

Seriously, the devs are right now working on making the randomness of gear drops less random, but with the same distribution. Ahh, ok. I can't wait. My enjoyment has increased just thinking about it. Just think how much more fun the game will be, overall, when the gear drops on every 10th sim, like clockwork.

Same thing for dodging while stunned, in my book. It is what is it. Let's add more fun before doing things which will essentially be nerfs/buffs (even if done in the name of "correct/realisticness").

As a coder, I know how this works. If they fix dodging while stunned, it will take 2000 man hours of work, plus or minus.

To locate and fix the initial problem = 40 man hours. Game testing, another 40 hours... to find out what they broke in the process. Then they fix that. Then they find out OMG, now that everything works, the toons are unbalanced.

Seriously, it will take at least 2000 man hours to fix Dodging While Stunned... which could have been spent on SPACE SHIPS.

The BEST thing EA can do is to completely ignore the forum suggestions. Take a control group of maybe 10 14-yr-olds that like to play. And rely on their feedback and suggestions for where to spend further development.

There are a lot of empty game tables in the cantina. And there is a lot more utility and fun that can be put on those tables.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Options
    It needs to be fixed. You shouldn't be able to dodge if you can't move. As well as when Dooku attacks a jedi for stun but has a bonus attack and the stun disappears on the 2nd attack even though the enemy turn meter isn't up
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Again, I hope EA ignores these forums.
    I'd rather have a space solitaire table in the cantina.
    A Star Wars jukebox.
    Anything.

Please EA, stop balancing the game. You're playing a losing battle, lol.
  • Options
    Dude its not "balancing" it's just common sense and the way the game is meant to be played.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Yeah, add that to the list.
    Stunning toons with Foresight.
    RG autotaunt proc's while stunned.
    Everyone plays the same bugs, so....

Take mental note, and make it part of your strategy. Does it all suck? Maybe. I'm afraid of what the game will be if/when they fix this stuff. It could be even worse. So I say, f it. Leave it alone and revisit AFTER adding the space ships! SPACE SHIPS! Woohoo!

Seriously, the devs are right now working on making the randomness of gear drops less random, but with the same distribution. Ahh, ok. I can't wait. My enjoyment has increased just thinking about it. Just think how much more fun the game will be, overall, when the gear drops on every 10th sim, like clockwork.

Same thing for dodging while stunned, in my book. It is what is it. Let's add more fun before doing things which will essentially be nerfs/buffs (even if done in the name of "correct/realisticness").

As a coder, I know how this works. If they fix dodging while stunned, it will take 2000 man hours of work, plus or minus.

To locate and fix the initial problem = 40 man hours. Game testing, another 40 hours... to find out what they broke in the process. Then they fix that. Then they find out OMG, now that everything works, the toons are unbalanced.

Seriously, it will take at least 2000 man hours to fix Dodging While Stunned... which could have been spent on SPACE SHIPS.

The BEST thing EA can do is to completely ignore the forum suggestions. Take a control group of maybe 10 14-yr-olds that like to play. And rely on their feedback and suggestions for where to spend further development.

There are a lot of empty game tables in the cantina. And there is a lot more utility and fun that can be put on those tables.

IF !stunned {
    allowdodge()
    }else
    {initdamage()
    }
    2000 man hours my butt.
  • Options
    This is still very annoying. An enemy should be hit at a much higher rate if they cannot move. Max gear 7-star fighters should not miss a stunned opponent.
  • Options
    Yes I've assembled a night sister team plus Dooku which is stun based plus synergy team stun dodge needs to be addressed or redefine stun
  • Options
    It's been mentioned before, the Stun as is can be a game changer, you can't eliminate the dodge ability from follow up attacks or everyone would just take 5 Stun toons and nothing else. A stunned character has to be able to avoid with his base Defense incoming attacks. He already looses his full turn meter, what more do you want?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    IF !stunned {
    allowdodge()
    }else
    {initdamage()
    }
    LOL. Keep going. You will have the entire game coded in 10 minutes. Don't forget to add all the debuffs, DOTS, leader skills, protection, health, assists, et al. And don't worry about what that change does to any of the other parts.

And I'm sure it will be ready to release to millions of paying users, just like that. Looks solid. Let's put it in the update! Heck, I don't pay the customer support staff or care about keeping my job.

• Options
    I want him to not be able to "dodge" an attack when they are unable to move. That is the more that I'm wanting
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Heyo! This has been addressed in the latest community update. Cheers!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/52943/community-update-7-8-2016
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Can we get this merged with the dodge megathread?
  • Options
    How about when the Rancor dodges with a 3 ton door resting on its head? Cause I've seen it happen plenty of times. The dodge is broke in the game. I counted 6 times that Count Dodgeball has done it in a row.
This discussion has been closed.