1 shooting 1st turn

lunarwolf
357 posts Member
edited April 2016
I may be wrong but my understanding for last protection update was to prevent 1st round 1 shooting of toons. this was the rational to nerf speed characters' damage and buff slow characters' damage

the problem is that droid teams can do exactly this which last patch was trying to prevent. having RG doesn't help because the assist abilities negate his taunt

I can understand the rational behind the last patch however I believe that the speed chars (glass cannons) that got a nerf should have been rebalanced with higher HP to compensate.

RPG 101 -> damage is inversely related to HP. only focusing on speed overlooks a major factor, that there is a lot of TM manipulation available to balance speed factor whether it is speed up or speed down abilities, not to mention stuns

my 2 cents

Replies

• Options
    If I remember correctly, they said they wanted to reduce it by a lot rather than totally eliminating it. My experience so far is that they've done a very good job of that. My GS or 86 assist attacks used to be guaranteed one-hit kills for many toons, but I've only seen that happen one time so far, and it was agasint a toon with notoriously low HP (88).

Speed should still be a viable option, it just shouldn't be the only viable option.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Under certain circumstances, with the right setup, buffs or debuffs, one-shot kill can still happen.
    It's pretty rare though, unless it's an assist that called another attacker and both attacks crit, with multipliers (expose, offense up, health/defense down...)
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    garublador wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, they said they wanted to reduce it by a lot rather than totally eliminating it. My experience so far is that they've done a very good job of that. My GS or 86 assist attacks used to be guaranteed one-hit kills for many toons, but I've only seen that happen one time so far, and it was agasint a toon with notoriously low HP (88).

Speed should still be a viable option, it just shouldn't be the only viable option.

This is what they said; reduce but not completely eliminate.... this game is going to get completely ruined if we keep calling for nerfs on every toon.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    QGJ + Maul as assist kills (almost) every Jedi on field. Maul deals even more damage as Mace in INT Challenge Tier IV pre-nerf. :smiley:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.