Low Stars - Still Viable?

evanbio
1505 posts Member
I have a question regarding some of the non-farmable/difficult to farm characters. Are any of them worthwhile to keep leveled/geared despite not being able to get to 7*? I'm specifically curious about:

Darth Maul - 4*. I pulled him from a Chromium pack I purchased with Crystals. Love the character from the movie. But not gonna be trying my luck constantly to star him up.

Aayla - 3*. Same thing, pulled her from a card pack. I like her abilities, but is she worth it despite the lower star count?

RG - 4* Purple. So you can farm him, but I haven't unlocked the cantina battle yet. At what star level is he considered "good enough". I'm mostly concerned with GW and the various missions at this point.

Does anyone have other characters like this that are a similar situation for them?

Replies

• Options
    I only have RG but at 5* he is good in arena. I use him to get top 5 on a December shard.

I think with RG it's more about the gear, I'm a dozen pieces away from getting him to Gear IX were he becomes a beast!
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RG is not terrible at 5* as long as he's max gear although he is much more durable at 6*. I would not use him at 4*.

None of the rest have any viability. Honestly even at 7* I'm not sure either is viable after the update. Aayla was very good before the update due to her kit but now with Jedi teams all nerfed and Dooku running rampant she's less workable.
  • Options
    Get him to gear 9 and he'll be fine. Don't worry about his stars as much
  • Options
    The only problem with having a low star level is more people will attack you. But he does the same job as a 7*. Maybe don't use him in your last battle so he's not on defense for too long