Thank the Maker and the Whales!

Prev1
BradBread
113 posts Member
edited April 2016
Ok, I keep seeing all these posts on the forums from a handful of FTP players. I get that these guys probably represent a minority of the FTP players, and this is for them....

Thank you EA and CG for providing a game that is not infested with banner ads, pop ups, and constant interruptions. I truly appreciate that I get to play an awesome game that does not have these nuisances detracting from my enjoyment. If I had never spent a dollar on the game, I still would not be subjected to the advertisement torture that plagues the majority of free games. And also, thank you to the whales who through your constant purchases help keep a steady revenue stream and not force the devs to switch to an ad system. Thank you to the regular people (like myself) who spend a little bit here and there and help keep the game awesome.

To the FTP players who have red thumbs from constantly taking to the forums to complain about everything: you have an awesome free game here that you are able to enjoy. Yes there is a disparity between PTP and FTP. Newsflash, there's supposed to be! They pay money that earns revenue for the company that produces the game. Why shouldn't they be rewarded more?? I've seen posts bemoaning that with new metas PTP have too much of an advantage or that it's not fair that some guilds are going to only recruit whales. You want to play with XYZ guild? Shell out the cash their players are putting up.

I think this game has less disparity between FTP and PTP than almost any other. Most games once you hit a certain point you basically have to pay to progress. Not so here. Yes it takes time and work, but there are several FTP players that have put the effort in and are rewarded very well for it.

Again, thank you EA, CG, and everyone else putting up their hard earned money, or simply just playing and enjoying the game. Have fun.

Replies

• Options
    well said
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Thanks Op. I am enjoying my beluga caviar.
    Long live the whales.
  • Options
    Well said OP
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Well said. The only thing is, except for Leia, all the PTP (chromium) toons are horrible and FTP has access to the best toons in the game. It may take longer but FTP can be just as competitive with PTP.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Long live the whales.

You got beluga?? I'm stuck with humpback. Short end of the stick: me.
  • Options
    100% F2P here....well said OP
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Well said. The only thing is, except for Leia, all the PTP (chromium) toons are horrible and FTP has access to the best toons in the game. It may take longer but FTP can be just as competitive with PTP.
    Don't forget Rex being P2P too. That guy is starting to be a major force, getting #1 spots in multiple servers.

Rex lead, RG, Fives makes up an extremely difficult core to deal with. Taunt, counter, slow, stun, tenacity, remove negative status, and HP up just from these 3 guys alone.
  • Options
    probably against the rules to state other games that blow this game away. Ive played some other freemium games that don't feel like they hate f2p players like this game does. This game feels like ea has done everything they possibly can to make f2p players either hate the game and quit or become weak little peons who spend money on this poorly designed game.

if a moderator would allow me to state some other games and their structure of p2p vs f2p I will but I doubt they want me to educate others on the corrupt decisions ea made.

• Options
    BradBread wrote: »
    Long live the whales.

Hehe. Fresh batch from Alaska :)
  • Options
    Edited EA out of the title for you.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Don't forget Rex being P2P too. That guy is starting to be a major force, getting #1 spots in multiple servers.

Rex lead, RG, Fives makes up an extremely difficult core to deal with. Taunt, counter, slow, stun, tenacity, remove negative status, and HP up just from these 3 guys alone.

You're right. Rex, RG, Fives, Leia and QGJ are almost unbeatable (mainly because Leia is OP and doesn't have a counter).
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options

The forum ninjas got me! Thanks for the help. :P

• Options

Well at least its warmonkey. He is one of the good ones.
  • Options
    I just wish rank 1-4 werent all whales on a new server.....
  • Options

Well at least its warmonkey. He is one of the good ones.

Yea, the others are the better ones =/
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but these types of threads are just as annoying to see as someone complaining about the disparity. While I agree with parts of what your are saying, your delivery is very "I'm saying this not because I actually care, but because I want to spite those of opposing views and fit in".

I know I know, I could just not read it, but couldn't the same be said for the posts others have read that prompts this type of thread creation?

In my opinion, people willing to pay large amounts of money for mediocre or low quality products, are the reason the gaming market is trash right now, and that same model has spread across the gaming community. Instead of supporting quality, they support shiny mediocrity. Game developers see that, and want a piece of the pie, so they put out the same cookie-cutter trash, because they know people will pay to get ahead, then regret it later. Of course there is always the exception who won't regret.

Seeing how F2P games are like a straw of hay in a haystack, there are plenty to go through. Casual P2W players will continue to perpetuate the manipulative F2P model, looking for false-respect in an arbitrary leaderboard; and free players will be on the other side reaping the benefits of their poor decisions (I say poor because many get upset when paid decision doesn't go there way), and doing things to **** them off.

Free players don't need P2W players to support a game; quite the contrary. Free players only exist in F2P games to encourage P2W-types to keep forking over money, in the name of "fun and competition". Free players practically work for the Development company, they just pay in small increments of in-game rewards...
  • Options
    Well said OP
  • Options
    probably against the rules to state other games that blow this game away. Ive played some other freemium games that don't feel like they hate f2p players like this game does. This game feels like ea has done everything they possibly can to make f2p players either hate the game and quit or become weak little peons who spend money on this poorly designed game.

Don't know what you are talking about... In F2P and I just finished my 8th 7* character today... Completely competitive with P2P
  • Options
    Don't know what you are talking about... In F2P and I just finished my 8th 7* character today... Completely competitive with P2P
    I know few krills and shrimpas who are at their 14th 7*.
    F2p is possible to compete...just takes more time which is expected when you are just sailing...not whaling.

• sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Truth be told, I'm surprised the P2W players don't have more of an advantage. As others have pointed out, most of the good characters can be had by F2P. I don't spend much and am surprised at how well I'm competing with whales. (For now, at least)
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    Truth be told, I'm surprised the P2W players don't have more of an advantage. As others have pointed out, most of the good characters can be had by F2P. I don't spend much and am surprised at how well I'm competing with whales. (For now, at least)
    @sying - whales do have an advantage and that's fine.
    Everyone has to option to pay for crystal bags etc.

You are not noticing it because you are probably in top tier f2p.

If you want advantage drop some $s and get on par.
    If not, just suck it up.

• SpencersSocks
    361 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I know few krills and shrimpas who are at their 14th 7*.
    F2p is possible to compete...just takes more time which is expected when you are just sailing...not whaling.

Exactly! And I'm at 8 but will have my 9th on Friday and I'm making great progress in 4 others as well... F2P makes you feel more accomplished and is totally doable for someone who really loves the game... I've been playing 4 1/2 months and I can't put it down... Excited for the new content so I don't finish almost everything in the first 2 to 3 hours of the day...
  • Options
    9th
  • Options
    Long live the whales.

Hehe. Fresh batch from Alaska :)

On a somewhat related note, my friends in Wainwright, AK (one of the North Slope villages) just caught their first bowhead whale of the season! I wonder how many 7* it had...
  • Irics
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Long live the WHALES!
  • Options
    Irics wrote: »
    Long live the WHALES!
    I pray to the whale gods everyday, that they keep buying stuff...to allow shrimpas like me to enjoy.

• Options
    It only just occurred to me that the only ads we see ingame are for ingame stuff.
    I hate to say it, but these types of threads are just as annoying to see as someone complaining about the disparity. While I agree with parts of what your are saying, your delivery is very "I'm saying this not because I actually care, but because I want to spite those of opposing views and fit in"...

The "To the FTP players..." paragraph could have been toned down for sure, but lighten up. Not every post needs to be bitter and whiny, people should be able to post about enjoying the game as much as they do about hating it.

• Options
    Money keeps the servers active. Nothing wrong with spending money on a video game.
  • Options
    If I find something free that I enjoy, I don't mind spending to help support the developers. Without spenders the game wouldn't be able to survive. Developers need to make money just as you or I. As adults, we all have bills to pay and/or mouths to feed. I'm happy to help keep this game running strong with a little financial support.