Destroyed by First Order Team

Prior to the update, I was able to place in the top 20 in the Arena on a daily basis. Post the update, I am struggling to keep in the top 50.

Most days I will win 2-3 times with a single refresh (10 plays), other days I can get 5 wins.

Today, I have battled the same team 6 times and I keep getting destroyed, can't even bring down one of the enemy toons. I have changed my lineup several times, but can't get past this team:

Phasma (L)
FOTP
FOO
ST Han
GS

All of them are 7*, purple max gear, L74.

Once Han's taunt goes off, and with his turn-meter manipulation havoc, the enemies team gets crazy amounts of bonus attacks.

My Team (All 7*, purple max gear, L72):
QGJ (L)
Yoda
Lumi
Leia
RG

I have these toons in reserve as well (All 7*, purple max gear, L72):
Barriss
Daka
Dooku
Phasma
Kylo
IG88
Sid

Is this the new META? Im hard pressed to build a team that can beat this enemy lineup.

Replies

• Options
    no you just need to stun ST to stop it or just go troll with Droid team....
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I occasionally find that team in the top ten. It is usually pushed out quickly with the large amount of Dooku teams. His leader ability causes that group to fall apart. If I were using your characters. I would first try QGJ, Yoda, Leia, Daka, RG. I would focus fire on Han first, burst him down as quickly as possible ignore GS and Tie for now outside perhaps Yoda's first move to reduce GS's turn meter (long as you have enough damage to take out Han before he taunts) This is one of the largest mistakes of teams going up against Han, they overlook his taunt ability and focus other targets.. (taunt gives 30% turn meter and all hits he takes gives 20% its nasty..) Second round I would focus on Tie than GS. If the RNG isn't in your favor which sometimes the assists is insane, I would try Dooku, QGJ, RG, Leia, and Daka.
  • Options
    I can't seem to stun Han before his taunt goes off. And QGJ is typically the first one dead, so can't use the Humbling Blow to turn the tide. It's crazy, the enemy team gets like 8-10 hits before compared to my 2 from QGJ and Yoda.
  • Olfbald
    106 posts Member
    Options
    You have more then 5 characters who are faster than Han. Are you telling us you cant take him down with five hits (6 incl qgj assist)? Is his Han gear 9?
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    If your having trouble taking out Han, than I may suggest pulling Daka out and putting in Lumi with QGJ lead. She will go first and has a good chance at ability blocking him. You just cant stun him once than focus other characters. He has to die, if taunt goes off especially in a turn meter synergy team, you will lose every time.
  • Options
    Yoda is only good against Dooku teams now imo. I pulled my Yoda out because he doesn't do nearly enough damage now and he is made of glass. OWK would be that teams nemesis if you can get him. Any team that has most of it's chars below 130 speed, insert OWK.

Or try this?
    Phasma (L)
    QGJ
    Leia
    RG
    Daka
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda is decent in a QGJ lead team, especially for tenancy up and reducing turn meter on a high threat target. GS/Rey. However, I have to agree with Chuckwing dropping Yoda. I can't stand not having Dooku lead because the RNG with QGJ lead feels like I'm wiffing every hit and watching my team just fall apart.
  • Options
    Why are you going after Han first? Every time he takes damage, he ups turn meter for his allies as part of his unique. I don't attack him until he taunts. I would go after FOTP first. You won't be able to kill GS before he goes so you could try to stun GS but I would rather eliminate FOTP and then come back for GS.
  • Options
    Well, the strat you all suggested worked. Switched up my team to:

Dooku(L)
    QGJ
    RG
    Leia
    Daka

Took out Han first, got lucky with a bunch of stuns, and I killed it. Thanks everyone!

Now to move on to testing other setups. Seems like Dooku is a still a viable lead in the new Meta, so will experiment with some toons. I wish I could keep Yoda in fulltime, but he lost so much power.
  • Options
    scca325is wrote: »
    I have changed my lineup several times, but can't get past this team:

Phasma (L)
    FOTP
    FOO
    ST Han
    GS

All of them are 7*, purple max gear, L74.

Once Han's taunt goes off, and with his turn-meter manipulation havoc, the enemies team gets crazy amounts of bonus attacks..

Welcome to SWGOH, enjoy your stay!

• Options
    Why are you going after Han first? Every time he takes damage, he ups turn meter for his allies as part of his unique. I don't attack him until he taunts. I would go after FOTP first. You won't be able to kill GS before he goes so you could try to stun GS but I would rather eliminate FOTP and then come back for GS.

His unique has a low chance (25%) to remove 10 tm from opponents. His taunt is 100% chance to add 20 tm to allies.
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

His unique has a low chance (25%) to remove 10 tm from opponents. His taunt is 100% chance to add 20 tm to allies.

Exactly, this common misconception is why my team with Han is so successful in arena. Congratulations to the OP for your victory.
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Han doesn't grant the turn meter when hit until after he taunts, though he does drain it at a lesser degree any time he is hit.

I second the Lumi/QGJ suggestion. Since she's such a hard hitter with her Ability Block attack, that's two birds with one stone. If you can kill him before he taunts, you have a chance. Might want to try as close to an all Jedi team as you can get with QGJ lead, to try to get as many hits in before Han goes as you can. Maybe add Phasma to do her Advantage/turn booster, or Daka as an extra healer/rezzer or for Stun. Have Bariss and Lumi heal once Han is down (ideally in that order) and whoever is left should be able to hold out at least until Lumi's heal ends.
  • Options
    His unique grants turn meter, albeit a small percentage of a chance, regardless of his taunt. He does not have to taunt first.
  • Options
    DO not attack STHan!!!! Go for him only when he taunts with QGJ´s Humbling blow and keep Phasma stunned with Dooku,Daka or RG.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    BoroSmooth wrote: »
    DO not attack STHan!!!! Go for him only when he taunts with QGJ´s Humbling blow and keep Phasma stunned with Dooku,Daka or RG.

This works if you don't have 2-3 low damage toons going between STHan and your QGJ. Too much RNG.

edit: for example, pray no Dooku multiattack
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    His unique grants turn meter, albeit a small percentage of a chance, regardless of his taunt. He does not have to taunt first.

Correct, while I see your point of view. I chose between the lessor of two evils. Small chance at losing 10% turn meter, 1/4 hits. Or have him give everyone 30% turn meter, than every hit he takes afterwards 20% which can quickly escalate to one full extra turn in a matter of second, allowing Dooku to start his dance party. This is why often players myself included, rather not deal with it and take him out. Especially in a turn meter synergy team. Now add Dooku as leader, saving Humbling blow is not 100%. Since you didn't take him out first, Han dodged Humbling, now a free second turn to the opposing team which by this time usually leads to a defeat.
  • clarkdiesel
    306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »

Correct, while I see your point of view. I chose between the lessor of two evils. Small chance at losing 10% turn meter, 1/4 hits. Or have him give everyone 30% turn meter, than every hit he takes afterwards 20% which can quickly escalate to one full extra turn in a matter of second, allowing Dooku to start his dance party. This is why often players myself included, rather not deal with it and take him out. Especially in a turn meter synergy team. Now add Dooku as leader, saving Humbling blow is not 100%. Since you didn't take him out first, Han dodged Humbling, now a free second turn to the opposing team which by this time usually leads to a defeat.

I get it. I'm the opposite. I would rather take out the biggest threat first, which would be FOTP to me. I take him out and then it's one less person for Han to give TM to. Plus, if Han survives when you try to attack him first, as the OP stated he did, you have all others at full health and protection and Han taunting. Humbling blow works more than it doesn't, so I put my odds on it taking out Han's taunt. Just different strategies.