How upset were you(or weren't) when you found out the Cantina 7 Shards

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Annoyed, I wasted my crystals
    I always knew RG was going to be in Cantina battles. Even said here. Why because of Dooku being put there. I know it sounds like a stretch but they put hard nodes before for 7 so I figured it they would for 8. Everyone wanted Dooku and barris and bam they were there. Since RG was made good (been calling buffs for him also since the beginning) I figured he would be there in the level cap.

educated guesses... or luck ? :smile:

I am JarJarBinks Mesa see all.

creepy...
  • Options
    Kyuu2 wrote: »
    Try not to think about how you "wasted" crystals into those characters. I get how introducing it to cantina can significantly alter the opportunity cost of getting a character. However at the time that you "wasted" it, you felt it was a worthy investment, and thus was not a waste. I wouldn't doubt you could wish you could take it back and alter the spending, but having that 20/20 hindsight doesn't change the fact that you felt it was a worthwhile investment for a while and most likely did net some small gains because of it.

Just think of it that you did get some level of shard advantage because of it, and while it may not have been the most cost effective means currently, it still was a benefit to you.

interesting, and meaningful way to think about it. I like your thinking, I do suppose you're correct and I agree with you.

The only way to look at things, imo. Remember how folks spent tons on QGJ and how the rest of us got him for free? How about folks suddenly finding their top Arena team beep material after a new update, after months of working on them? I could go on and on but that's the gist of it. There will always be changes and change is good. Or bad. Sometimes. Lol!

Anyways, yeah, I agree with this positive attitude of yours more than the way this thread started.
  • Options

But it will greatly benefit my run from 6* to 7*.

RG was so good I played him @ 2* on an early Feb shard. It's been a long slow farm on the cusp of *5 working the two nodes and purchased the shipments a half dozen times. I actually think its more cost efficient to refresh the nodes. But having said that I was sitting at 57/65 four days ago and all I got was a total of 3 shards and that was after refreshing the nodes 3 times over that period - BAWS!

So yeah I'm relieved @ '77 Cantina 7 relief - whew!

• Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Very happy!
    Randall wrote: »
    You shouldn't get mad you wasted crystals. You know very well that crystals are used to expedite things you could do at a slower pace. You are paying for a time advantage and you got that.

and i could have expedited other things... rather than waste them on refreshes for nodes when it's easy to farm in cantina 7 cause face it cantina shard farming is way faster obviously.

In that same token you shouldn't ever farm a hard node because they will probably get added elsewhere sometimes.
  • Options
    Very happy!
    Snowtrooper. Nuff said.
  • Options
    Very happy!
    My maxed empire team will be ready shortly.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Meh. I just want Aayla.

I have a 3* Aayla that just sits there. I never play her because I can't farm anything additional. It's annoying, because I want to level her up. She could be a beast with Dooku and Fives all countering AOE damage.
  • Options
    Zakhary wrote: »
    My maxed empire team will be ready shortly.

I would love to see this in action
  • Options
    You shouldn't get mad you wasted crystals. You know very well that crystals are used to expedite things you could do at a slower pace. You are paying for a time advantage and you got that.

and i could have expedited other things... rather than waste them on refreshes for nodes when it's easy to farm in cantina 7 cause face it cantina shard farming is way faster obviously.

In that same token you shouldn't ever farm a hard node because they will probably get added elsewhere sometimes.

I hope they don't do it to rey...at least not for a while :neutral:
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Meh. I just want Aayla.
    They should put her into Cantina Rewards. She isn't an OP toon and honestly she wouldn't change anything in the meta if she were in the cantina rewards.
  • Options

I hope they don't do it to rey...at least not for a while :neutral:

I agree with that, I think at least some hard node characters should stay that way. Rey is a good character and should be hard to get