Make Teebo a more reliable tank?

Prev1
Zama_Zeckur
394 posts Member
edited April 2016
Should they lessen chance stealth to add a 50% health stealth like RG taunt?

Make Teebo a more reliable tank? 43 votes

Yes
32%
Poe_Dameron_BLK1KrixGwonkStefchouxSkandarGraunxWeezy_vegas1JensxnJaquizz1616Z_CavaricciOlfbaldPowdaSunwalkerDrewPowerzZama_Zeckur 14 votes
No
65%
J7000The_Oklahoma_Kidcosmicturtle333DarthMessi1984Boro_Smooth1djlottStarSond3toxSekucheetah2114JediMasterGibsBrazilian_JoeRJ__BrandoStarjumpermedetecFaRule_DaGalexy91QleakPmanRingoBBSoonerkaleb314 28 votes
I have my own thought
2%
Suikoden 1 vote

Replies

• Options
    No
    His stealth makes him a TM god, no thanks
  • Options
    Yes
    His stealth makes him a TM god, no thanks

A tank protects its team. 1 less tm enemy doesnt protect them
  • Options
    No
    Leave Teebo alone!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Yes
    Leave Teebo alone!

Then prove how hes a tank but hardly anyone uses him as one
  • Options
    No
    Leave Teebo alone!

2044743923-how_about_no_evil.jpg
  • Options
    Yes
    Leave Teebo alone!

2044743923-how_about_no_evil.jpg

Exactly
  • Options
    No
    No, it would undermine what the Ewoks are all about.
  • Options
    No
    Finn, Boba, Mace and Old Ben are all classed as tanks but have nothing which signifies that they are tanks.

The classification system in this game is silly, and is only useful for determining which heroes are available in which challenges.

Reading into the label more than that is a bad idea.
  • Options
    Yes
    Finn, Boba, Mace and Old Ben are all classed as tanks but have nothing which signifies that they are tanks.

The classification system in this game is silly, and is only useful for determining which heroes are available in which challenges.

Then they need to reclassify to make them truly what they are
  • Options
    No

So we will have less heroes available for the tank challenge? Great idea.
  • Options
    No
    To the op @Zama_Zeckur

From urban dictionary
    tank
    Noun: A player-character, typically in a MMORPG, that is able to occupy an agressor and take the brunt of the aggressor's attacks while the other players deal damage, heal, or perform some other action. The "tank" can survive longer while taking damage than the other characters. Typically, the tank has higher hitpoints (health) and a higher armor rating than the other characters. Less commonly, a character with a lower armor rating can perform the actions of the tank by using avoidance abilities. Ultimately, the tank needs to be able to occupy the agressor without dying. The method employed, whether avoidance or absorption, does not matter, as long as the tank can mitigate damage in some way.

Verb: To "tank", or "tanking", would be the action of performing the duties of the tank as described above.
    1.N. That warrior is a good tank because he can take a lot of damage and he has a lot of hitpoints.
    2.V. The warrior is tanking the mob right now.
    3.V. Do you think you can tank this mob for us?

Teebo is a unique tank in the sense that he causes disruption to who the enemy can target as opposed to directly taking the damage himself therefore providing damage mitigation. So cased on what @cosmicturtle333 said teebo is more of a tank than Bobba, Mace, old ben and finn
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    No
    I think that just because every other game classifies tanks as something that can take aggro doesn't mean this one has to. The problem is that RG is just so much better than the others right now. But you also can't have a tank that does Finn damage, RG taunts and stuns, and ST Han and Teebo tm manipulation.
  • Options
    Yes
    Starjumper wrote: »
    To the op @Zama_Zeckur

From urban dictionary
    tank
    Noun: A player-character, typically in a MMORPG, that is able to occupy an agressor and take the brunt of the aggressor's attacks while the other players deal damage, heal, or perform some other action. The "tank" can survive longer while taking damage than the other characters. Typically, the tank has higher hitpoints (health) and a higher armor rating than the other characters. Less commonly, a character with a lower armor rating can perform the actions of the tank by using avoidance abilities. Ultimately, the tank needs to be able to occupy the agressor without dying. The method employed, whether avoidance or absorption, does not matter, as long as the tank can mitigate damage in some way.

Verb: To "tank", or "tanking", would be the action of performing the duties of the tank as described above.
    1.N. That warrior is a good tank because he can take a lot of damage and he has a lot of hitpoints.

Teebo is a unique tank in the sense that he causes disruption to who the enemy can target as opposed to directly taking the damage himself therefore providing damage mitigation. So cased on what @cosmicturtle333 said teebo is more of a tank than Bobba, Mace, old ben and finn

Rng chance stealth doesnt disrupt. It just makes you hope it saves the focus target.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    I would rather change his classification to "support" than to change his abilities to be more tanky.
  • Options
    Yes
    Predian wrote: »
    I would rather change his classification to "support" than to change his abilities to be more tanky.

Im okay with this
  • Options
    Yes

So you just want numbers over abilities?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think at very high levels and geared, the Ewoks are flat out terrifying, given how well they synergize. I know...it was odd to type it too. At this point, calling for any kind of "buff" before we have seen full Ewok teams more, is way too early.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No

Why change it if it ain't broke?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    No
    To the op @Zama_Zeckur

From urban dictionary
    tank

Rng chance stealth doesnt disrupt. It just makes you hope it saves the focus target.

It definitely disrupts. If the character you are focusing on suddenly gains stealth for 2 turns, your strategy has been disrupted.

Teebo is fine as is.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    No
    Sigh* have you ever used a higher geared / levelled Teebo @Zama_Zeckur ? I have him currently maxed at gear 9 and trust me he's pretty tanky! He protects his teamates by TM reduction rather than taunting.
  • Options
    Yes
    StarSon wrote: »
    To the op @Zama_Zeckur

From urban dictionary
    tank

It definitely disrupts. If the character you are focusing on suddenly gains stealth for 2 turns, your strategy has been disrupted.

Teebo is fine as is.

Like i said thats all rng chance. All Tanks should have a tanky skill or unique that is not based on rng
  • Options
    Yes
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Sigh* have you ever used a higher geared / levelled Teebo @Zama_Zeckur ? I have him currently maxed at gear 9 and trust me he's pretty tanky! He protects his teamates by TM reduction rather than taunting.

Im not asking for taunting. Im asking for more team protection reliability
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    No
    He currently has over 21000 health plus protection, can reduce an opponents TM by 100% and can debuff. ..what more do you want?
  • Options
    No
    To the op @Zama_Zeckur

From urban dictionary
    tank

That comment makes no sense. It's like saying rng chance evasion doesn't disrupt. Of course it does
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    No
    Sorry, but I would prefer to have an enemy get to attack way less in some of the hard missions instead of a taunt. With the damage they put out, tm reduction is much more useful (a stun is nice, too).
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    No
    StarSon wrote: »
    To the op @Zama_Zeckur

From urban dictionary
    tank

Teebo is fine as is.

Like i said thats all rng chance. All Tanks should have a tanky skill or unique that is not based on rng

Your problem is that you have a set definition of what a tank should be in your head. That definition does not match the devs' definition. It is their game, and they say tanks do not need to have what you consider a tanky skill to be a tank.

Accept that and you will be much happier with this game.
  • Options
    Yes
    Ok thanks for all the input! I wasnt just trying to argue I was looking for more feedback. Thank you for your help.

Ill wait for ewok warrior to come in <3
  • Options
    No

Why change it if it ain't broke?

Exactly. My two cents on the matter, most people who want Teebo fixed don't actually use Teebo. Those who use Teebo know he doesn't need fixed.
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    Options
    No
    You leave Teebo alone! He's one of those few underused characters with real promise in the right setup.
  • FaRule_DaGalexy91
    278 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No

You mean like the fact that darth maul(tank) is a super high damage/aoe with no health and savage oppress(support) is a super tanky tissue slapper with massive health?

Whats wrong with that?

Leave Teebo alone!

To he honest. They do that mainly for the challenges i believe. The specific challenges require a more diverse group than having five toons taunting and nulling each other out. Some need do do some damage, some need to take some damage. They work together to form a cohesive team.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
This discussion has been closed.