Game punishes those who don't have RG

Prev1345
CPMP
974 posts Member
It's the 3rd day now that i can't finish my GW, because of the lame balance this game has...
exI3T6k.png
uJCGK62.png
Not only RG teams are unbeatable with my current main team (lvl 75s) in arena, but in GW you have to beat them while you have no protection left and without letting your team die, and then pray to the RNG gods that you won't meet another RG team again, on another node...
How is this even possible? Every time enemy GS or GQJ turn comes, either one of my team's member get one shotted or stunned by assist. With protection depleted is impossible. UNLESS you have RG yourself...
Yesterday i got stuck in GW vs similar team (Dooku Lead, Daka, RG, GS, QGJ)

In before some people storm in here and say that GW is easy and that they beat it on auto...with their RG.... Or to farm the same team as enemy, like it doesn't cost 5mil credits + half month sims to lvl and gear 1 hero from 1 to 75+

The best i've managed to do vs this team was to kill GS and GQJ before i lose, and in a game that RNG was in my favor...
Thank god that you can avoid RG teams in arena and focus others...

@CG_JohnSalera If RG is so mandatory to the game now why not adding him on tier 1 cantina nodes so everyone can have him? People say he is "balanced" and i "agree". Why not make him available to everyone at early game, so people who want to use him, will be able do it.

Replies

• Starjumper
    993 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RG teams aren't unbeatable by any means (I don't have him myself) but it may be harder if you're not using a tank+taunt yourself. Have you tried killing RG first?
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    You fail because Dooku is missing his body
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A recent battle of mine:

I knocked an opponent below half life.
    RG taughted.
    I removed taught with QGJ.
    Their healer healed the damaged character.
    I knocked him below half again.
    RG taughted...

REALLY!?!
    That's just ridiculous. In my opinion, he should only get to taught once per ally. That ally healing and falling below half again should be irrelevant. He has spent his taught for that ally.

*edit* I miss spelled taunt every time in this post... >__<
  • Options
    Get Barris lead for team health and constant healing. Use toons that remove positive effects. Not saying it's easy, but you can do it!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    RG teams aren't unbeatable by any means (I don't have him myself) but it may be harder if you're not using a tank+taunt yourself. Have you tried killing RG first?

I could beat RG teams pre update because i run Aoe team. After update Aoe is useless, especially vs Dooku lead.
    I tried killing RG but went terrible. I had 2/5 heroes stunned, and RG dodged enough for Lumi to heal him.
    The best starategy that worked was to try stun GQJ and GS all the time, while chipping away RG's health slowly. But again then Dooku's dodge and RG's stun kicked in, GQJ got freed from stun and with GS they one shitted Daka and then ventress. I managed to kill GS and GQJ though after 5 tries and losing my main team.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Manicmouse wrote: »
    Get Barris lead for team health and constant healing. Use toons that remove positive effects. Not saying it's easy, but you can do it!

I use 2 toons that remove positive effects, but both are unreliable with Dooku lead. Also there is a lot enemy stun and dodge to get them healed. If i had my protetion full, it would might be possible. But enemy team has, while i don't.
  • Options
    Let nerf RG like what they did to YODA....
  • Options
    I can see 4 guys at least in your roster with full protection...
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Options
    Also, buff immunity ftw!
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    pretty sure everyone has RG. it's the character that everyone gets at the start along with jc clone sgt snowtrooper talia ewok etc. LULz xD
  • Options
    @CPMP Totally agree. This game has awful management. Feels like every update is coming without any testing. GW was bugged few weeks ago for so long. Now it is the same. We need to wait 2 weeks (since 14th april) GW to be fixed again. No matter of your effort (money or time) about getting characters, they are changing them whenever they want, without compensating players at all. Totally unprofessional. I cannot understand ppl who spend hundreds of dollars here.
  • Options
    What if i tell you that its not RG thats your problem? First of all its your straightforward mind and thanks to people like you influencing the devs to probably further change the game (from how it is by now) to a meta favourable for your simple tactics? Just look at yourself! What do you want,despite being p2p which is ok, you want a free and easy GW. Once you start exploring the game and stop playing meta heroes which just favour the arena and not GW ha i wonder why :sarcasm: karma :smile: . Heroes like LUMI; GQJ and GS your funny brain and obviously many other meta oriented people, think they are ??fine?? and RG is op ? and yes i am using him, since my day 5 probably, which is month and a half of game-life ( no p2p), dont get me wrong im not defending him i find it ridiculous and annoying how you can't find the rest characters i noted above not OP.
    If you are actaully still reading here are the examples: LUMI - high dmg + ab block, heal + heal over time now (very legit :sarcasm:), dodge, sustain, anything else? GQJ - bonus attack equal to 175%dmg second target aka otk (search for those abbreviations :smile: ) a skill that does high dmg and dispels and gives whole team offense up lol? And last but not least: GS- high hp, every second turn an attack with bonus allie attack which every self-respected person would say that thats not balanced. Does your meta mind knows that other heroes exict too? Oh yea and i do GW everyday anytime simple as that.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Need a canon sacrifice team for that one you can't figure out, I run these to make a fight that just isn't working no matter what I do:

Pogs(L) 6*
    Leia 5*
    86 6*
    88 6*
    Poo 4*

It's nothing fancy, Their purpose is to wear down that strong team so I can put my A team in and it be a fair fight, even if you just knock protection off them at least you'll have a chance.
  • Options
    Yeah RG is the most important character in the game. No serviceable RG means i finish 5-10 rather than 1-3.

Thankfully i still finish GW daily though. Lots of retreats though
  • Options
    theHejiN wrote: »
    You fail because Dooku is missing his body

This ^

And people said he needs to be nerfed. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

He needs a buff! Buff Dooku. Give him back his body.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Same here, I just finished one GW since the update. After Round 6 I get constantly 74lvl and full Star teams. I have two A Teams Maxed out 73 Lvl, I use B Teams and Suicide Teams. No success. Shields should regenerate after every purple treasure.
  • Options
    I'm eating Noodels, The problem is The people who precrafted RG
  • Holysilver
    193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I run Barris lead, jinn, yoda, luminara, dooku/phasma. Finish gw everyday since update. Rg with dooku lead is not a problem coz i use yoda battle meditation early while clearing opponent protection. Not anyone on my lineup is dead from node 1-12.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Again, if you can't beat 6* gear 8 RG that's on you. Gear 9 RG is another issue and i would've understood then. Against that team i recommend going for RG first, tho it's hard with 5* toons. 5* is for level 55 GW not for level 75.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I know Sid's healing immunity doesn't always stick to higher level toons, but have you tried doing that before working on someone so they don't get healed?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    You still have a lot of options on the bench, most are full fortitude on, so i think you're trolling with this thread.
  • Options
    Your not losing because of RG but the combo of Dooku leads and RG it's a brutal combo. But it can be dealt with.

1. Stunners
    2. Drop a hero to 70%health then QGJ assist it for kill , follow into Asaaj removal
    3. Healers man lol GW with 2 healers is boring but easy as especially using barris for Sids.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Those Dooku/RG teams can be very tedious, especially when paired with heavy hitters. But I think OP exaggerates a little here. The problem isn't RG, but rather that OP doesn't have a toon that counters him. I haven't tried it, but have heard Anakin's buff immunity is a good strategy. There are Nightsisters with that skill too.

You gotta plan your attacks a little, but you can also make do with just QGJ and a few heavy hitters. Focus on the dangerous toons first and pray that they aren't resurrected.

RG is definitely the most tedious tank in the game at this point, but he doesn't fit well in all builds and you can definitely have great teams without him.
  • SANTAcruz16
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Martianski wrote: »
    @CPMP Totally agree. This game has awful management. Feels like every update is coming without any testing. GW was bugged few weeks ago for so long. Now it is the same. We need to wait 2 weeks (since 14th april) GW to be fixed again. No matter of your effort (money or time) about getting characters, they are changing them whenever they want, without compensating players at all. Totally unprofessional. I cannot understand ppl who spend hundreds of dollars here.

AGREED. Thsee quote "changes to make the game better" is a load of bull. Most of the game isn't following the same rules of battle,and that's not a challenge. That's just a way to get people to get suckered into the credit card mind trick! These no way to get thru anything in this game,without any problems from NOT spending money! And also,the engineering and design guys really need to take a look at all the EXTRA gear and junk we get and it just stockpiles ridiculously only to need more of the item yet you still have them in inventory? ****! You couldn't make a great decision to make a store to buy and trade gear which is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART of the game! Duh....wake up. We are your loyal fans also and not being jacked out of money and cheated out of characters I earned in the past and the game cheating us out of a fair amount of opportunities is not very professional and uncool in every way. I love a good challenge,but not when it's set up for failure. Anyway, My name is Chris and I would really enjoy talking to a fellow brother in STAR WARS arms!. I also go by BARONKARZA16.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Your not losing because of RG but the combo of Dooku leads and RG it's a brutal combo. But it can be dealt with.

1. Stunners
    2. Drop a hero to 70%health then QGJ assist it for kill , follow into Asaaj removal
    3. Healers man lol GW with 2 healers is boring but easy as especially using barris for Sids.

This is what i was trying to do. Get them to 70% health and then kill. But
    1) They attacked my Dooku, which end up in counter and trigging RG taunt
    2) Assist fail to one shot because enemy GQJ dodged.
    3) Enemy Dooku with lightning and attack stun, had most of the time my QGJ and others stunned. Also assist called a stuned hero.

Anyway, i managed to beat it but losing my main team + 2 others in the process. Next battle had fives maxed along with some others + turn meter manipulation and i had no healers remaining. So it was game over.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Gear 9 RG is the most tedious and time consuming tank in the game, that really is quite an issue, simply because i don't feel there is enough damage in the game, unless you have exactly Rey, Leia and GS on the same team. A tanky team with CT5's and gear 9 RG are real issues. I've killed gear 8 RG in the first round with hybrid droid team and he usually dies by the second round with my other team. QGJ got nerfed really bad damage wise imo, i don't like him even at 7*, so at 5* he can't really do much. Daka i guess it's fine at 5*, but too vulnerable to death from 2 attacks. Simply put, 5* characters are not good, (unless it's Rey), in a game where there is gear 9.

This is not an unbeatable team in GW, you should search for more solutions from your bench like Sid, Ren maybe Yoda to stop them from stunning you. But 5* Yoda...
  • Options
    Best way to kill RG is to bypass him that is AOE team.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Brasida wrote: »
    Best way to kill RG is to bypass him that is AOE team.

No! There is Dooku there...