2Next

Replies

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Protection Bad in GW?
    Pre update : Used to fight full hp teams with your full hp team
    After update : Fight full protetion teams with your protection depleted team

Devs "outdid themseves" with the last update.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Protection Bad in GW?
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Never had an easier time since the protection update, and I think it makes it more strategic than before.
    with due respect, there is no strategic with protection in place. This is coming from someone who completed 120 consecutively. If you want to reset your skills, just leave a tank and healer alive and kill the rest. You guys know the rest.

Im at 129 wins and i say it is strategic and yes making sure your skills are ready for the next battle is part of the strat. You really shouldn't be using your best characters until the last 4 nodes, also part of the strat to save their protection when you need it the most.
    did you get a chance to read about my 120 winning streak at lvl 53 with only 2 purple yet? If so, find someone who can top it and we can talk about using "strategic" in gw.

That's not strategy. I would literally implode if i had to do that. It's just not fun...
  • Datika
    50 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Protection Good in GW?
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Anybody who says protections adds more strategy simply isn't an experienced long time player of this game. Protection adds nothing but more time onto the lengthy, unrewarding grind that GW is. There should be either less GW nodes the rewards revamped or protection is taken away so I don't have to spend 1 hour every night doing this crap.

If you consider GW to be an unrewarding, lengthy grind, then you fundamentally dislike this game. SWGOH has been the only game I've played where the player-base routinely promotes ease over complexity, regarding content.

Seasoned players autoplay challenges and sim missions. Arena is the most enjoyable aspect of the game and is the driver for most, but 5 arena challenges normally equate to 15 total minutes of gameplay.

GW is the only aspect of the game that takes some time. The beauty of it is you're not obligated to complete the entire campaign to obtain credits, crystals, and tokens. You can secure rewards after completing each node.

Please stop trying to reduce this game to a mindless finger tapping exercise that produces an overly simplified gameplay experience that can be completed in a single **** on the can.
  • Options
    Protection Bad in GW?
    Protection should go away everywhere.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Protection Bad in GW?
    Protection should go away everywhere.

How about no?
  • Options
    Protection Bad in GW?
    I've completed it most days but sometimes I just don't have the time, it's not more difficult it just takes soooooooo much longer. I remember reading they were taking our feedback on board so hopefully something will roll out with the update tonight because the last thing I want to be doing is spending 1-2 hours on GW when we have all the new guild things to spend time on
  • Options
    Protection Bad in GW?
    Datika wrote: »
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Anybody who says protections adds more strategy simply isn't an experienced long time player of this game. Protection adds nothing but more time onto the lengthy, unrewarding grind that GW is. There should be either less GW nodes the rewards revamped or protection is taken away so I don't have to spend 1 hour every night doing this crap.

If you consider GW to be an unrewarding, lengthy grind, then you fundamentally dislike this game. SWGOH has been the only game I've played where the player-base routinely promotes ease over complexity, regarding content.

Seasoned players autoplay challenges and sim missions. Arena is the most enjoyable aspect of the game and is the driver for most, but 5 arena challenges normally equate to 15 total minutes of gameplay.

GW is the only aspect of the game that takes some time. The beauty of it is you're not obligated to complete the entire campaign to obtain credits, crystals, and tokens. You can secure rewards after completing each node.

Please stop trying to reduce this game to a mindless finger tapping exercise that produces an overly simplified gameplay experience that can be completed in a single **** on the can.

No actually on the contrary I really love this game, and therefore want it to succeed without pushing it's faithful players to get bored and quit. You forget that after arena matches there is 8 minutes cooldown, and anybody vying for a top spot also counts that into how long arena takes. Right now all 5 battles take around 50 minutes depending on battle length making it one of two major time consumers in the game.

You could not complete GW and yes you would get some of those currencies, but not enough to sustain a high level account let alone reward them and help them progress. Completing the entire GW never used to feel unrewarding because you could build a well thought out team and would have no trouble sweeping through on the way to collecting your mediocre rewards, but nobody cared because the time invested matched the rewards. This is why I've called for reduction in the nodes or increase in rewards to make our time much more worth it.

Nobody is trying to make this into a ''mindless finger tapping exercise'', we just want to get out what we put into GW because right now we are grinding away a lot for not much in terms of rewards.

• Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Protection Bad in GW?
    I've given up on GW .. Can't do a 1.5 to 2 hour session. With credits drying up I can't afford to level anymore. Pretty much done I guess.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Protection Bad in GW?
    When people say it's more strategic...no. Just no.

Strategy pre-update: kill the enemies before you take much damage, leave the weak characters for last to reset cooldowns. Time heals right.

Strategy post-update: kill the enemies before you take much damage, leave the weak characters for last to reset cooldowns. Time heals right.

Except now you have to deal with protection, and when you run into strong teams and bad RNG you're in much more trouble. The people who like the update haven't faced difficult teams. As for strategy, the game really has not changed. Adding protection was nothing but a money grab. Now we have to gear up everyone to gear 8 or they are useless