Should taunts soak up counter hits?

Prev1
FaRule_DaGalexy91
278 posts Member
edited April 2016
Should a taunt force counters to hit aswell, or should it be reverted to counters only hitting the toon that attacked.
"May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate

Should taunts soak up counter hits? 179 votes

Yes, taunts should soak up all damage, counters or otherwise.
35%
IvoB1987SirjamAksterSticare_Courts_0073MarafettichotolotVarliedjlottKyuu2SekubenacrowKAULIRobbathehuttMofojokers1992Romao33Smithiepapy72Megadeth3700papnworsDiraan 63 votes
No, by definition a counter should only hit the people that attacked them.
56%
QeltarJJHPreemo_MaginClintos_FreshmakerUshoKonaEhukaiRogan_Ban84SaidonRonTomLlewellaElinadshh_hut_yuh_muhIamTexcomandabengarcia_george99Jakelessunit900000wikking4uElSoldado_23Salgado9 101 votes
I dont really care, i have RG and he can soak up a few turns no matter whose beating on him.
8%
Amish_AceCronozNLArijitAmaltheadarth_mol_elizaNikoms565ToonnyRAYRAYDundadarrItsJarJarBinkzpac0nautDrewPowerzFireweed61LambiSaikyomaster 15 votes

Replies

• Options
    I wonder. How.many votes would a poll need before it caught dev attention?
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    I wonder. How.many votes would a poll need before it caught dev attention?

This lol. But yeah it really isn't a counter if you don't even attack the person the who attacked you lol. Really dumb change
  • Options
    They probably wont even care if they see this
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Horrible design that makes no sense and creates more problems than it solves.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Following this "logic", all AOE damage done should also be received by the taunter.
    A counter is a counter. Not attacking someone else. Makes no sense.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    It's all very thematic. Aoe is like a bomb, tanks can't help you. Aoe should also get around dodge. A taunt is supposed to take hits for you. People just mad their precious old man meta is over.
  • Options
    STHan benefits the most here.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    I can understand tho. Sometimes i'd make a bad play in arena and then i'd direct my anger to game devs instead. Kappa
  • Options
    This counter on a tank thing can't be intended right? or was it?
  • Options
    Are you really countering someone when you attack a totally different toon?

Maybe retaliation, but I don't think counter
  • Options
    @Nightlores it can't be intended but it is in the release notes 4/24. Every mechanic of the game has been altered for worst in just a month: protection, advantage, counters, heal (with protection), all char stats nerfed or buffed randomly. Even "Guilds" are a mess.

Every time they update the game you can share the praise or lack thereof in the App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/id921022358?mt=8
  • Options
    Someone attacks a counterattacker. Counterattacker reacts and tries to retaliate, but is intercepted by the tank. Perfectly logical and increases the purpose of taunters.
  • Options
    While it makes Tanks more useful overall, especially ST Han to get a ridonculous amount of turn meter, it definitely makes Fives, Dooku or any other prominent counter attacker less useful unless the enemy runs an AOE team.
  • Options
    I dont really care, i have RG and he can soak up a few turns no matter whose beating on him.
    I don't get what the big deal is...isn't it the point of a tank to take hits?
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    comandaben wrote: »
    While it makes Tanks more useful overall, especially ST Han to get a ridonculous amount of turn meter, it definitely makes Fives, Dooku or any other prominent counter attacker less useful unless the enemy runs an AOE team.

Its simple. Jinn, Ventress and Teebo,as examples,can remove a taunt and counterattackers can counterattack.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    People just mad their precious old man meta is over.

LMAO!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    It's all very thematic. Aoe is like a bomb, tanks can't help you. Aoe should also get around dodge. A taunt is supposed to take hits for you. People just mad their precious old man meta is over.

The old man meta isn't over. This change hurt the people that were using Dooku as non-leader. Those who use him as meta, it's only for the 15% evasion and offense up... I would even use ugnaught as leader if he had the same leader ability...
  • Options
    Lol. Counter should counter the person attacking AND counter the toon that taunts... Since taunting is quite rude and deserves to get hit
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Suffer Dooku users! The force will prevail
  • Options
    It's putting too much strain on my poor tanks sadly.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Arryn_Ren wrote: »
    It's putting too much strain on my poor tanks sadly.

That's why you need some evasion, like Dooku leader.
  • Options
    Dooku uses ticked off lol im very happy my RG is loving it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    i dont get why everyone is talking about dooku. its not like dooku's counter hits that hard. Dooku doesnt have a lot of HP, so killing him doesnt result in crazy much counters. Fives for example is effected by this change waaaay more. his counter percentage is lower, but you need to hit him more often.

edit: i voted yes because i use ST han. just like everyone else i like the changes that benefit me, hate the changes that dont :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's a really bad thing that counter-attacks got nerfed hard, in place of Dooku alone. Now if you want to build a team around Ima-Gun, which I farm for 4 full months now and is finally close to 7*, your team is much weaker than it would have been before that nerf. It was acceptable, now it's useless. So basically I just threw months of farming over nothing.

Counter-attack is a nice mechanic, they should really rethink this nerf - and, really, does assists needed a buff ? That mechanic is not strategic at all, and was already OP !
  • Options
    As with all changes, it's the impact on each persons team that will determine their view on it...
    So far, I like all recent changes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I don't use RG, but the point of tanks is to eat incoming damage. There are several characters who can remove a taunt as well, so I don't really have an issue with it. From a "logical" standpoint it's fine too. There are things to be concerned/annoyed/upset about in this game. This is not one of them, imho.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    So if you and your girlfriend was about to get mugged you wouldn't jump in front and 'take the bullet'?
    Would you tell the cop 'officer, she died cause the mugger wanted all her jewelry. I didn't jump in and take the aggro cause she was the one he wanted'.
    No, you would jump in, taunt, and take the damage for her.
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    Options
    TauDrah wrote: »
    So if you and your girlfriend was about to get mugged you wouldn't jump in front and 'take the bullet'?
    Would you tell the cop 'officer, she died cause the mugger wanted all her jewelry. I didn't jump in and take the aggro cause she was the one he wanted'.
    This is an excellent point, but lets take an example from the SW universe just for fun!

Emperor Palpatine used Vader as a tank in RoTJ. Vader had taunt up so when Luke tried to one-shot Palpy Vader stepped in to block it (i.e. take the hit instead).

• dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options

idk man if i just started dating her like a week before i wouldve just left her and ****.
    >:)
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    dvl009 wrote: »

idk man if i just started dating her like a week before i wouldve just left her and ****.
    >:)

**** = gee tee eff oh