Should taunts soak up counter hits?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Yes, taunts should soak up all damage, counters or otherwise.
    I definitely do not have ST Han and this definitely isn't a flawed vote. :trollface:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Yes, taunts should soak up all damage, counters or otherwise.
    Noktarn wrote: »
    It's all very thematic. Aoe is like a bomb, tanks can't help you. Aoe should also get around dodge. A taunt is supposed to take hits for you. People just mad their precious old man meta is over.

Exactly. Tears falling as they have to switch up their arena team for the first time in months.
  • Options
    No, by definition a counter should only hit the people that attacked them.
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    Following this "logic", all AOE damage done should also be received by the taunter.
    A counter is a counter. Not attacking someone else. Makes no sense.

My thoughts exactly
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    This counter on a tank thing can't be intended right? or was it?

No, already been stated this is an intentional change. Silly.. but intentional

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I dont really care, i have RG and he can soak up a few turns no matter whose beating on him.
    I am not sure this really changes anything for Dooku. I am not sure why anyone is attributing this change to a nerf to Dooku. He is still a very viable leader. The best tactic has always been to kill RG unless you can be sure to kill someone else. Hitting dooku will still equal 2 hits on RG and extra turn meter (if taunt is up). This really doesn't impact dooku as much as people are hoping it does.

As for STH, He dies before he taunts most times. I have never lost to a team with STH as the main tank or even a secondary tank with RG. Maybe I haven't faced the best comps with him yet?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I dont really care, i have RG and he can soak up a few turns no matter whose beating on him.
    Absolutely they should intercept counters. Good luck with St Han and Dooku. Turn meter for days
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Dooku uses ticked off lol im very happy my RG is loving it.

Im upset. And have never used dooku in arena. Im upset because it makes no sense. And furthur pedestals toons like rg who (though not overpowered) is plenty useful as is

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Horrible design that makes no sense and creates more problems than it solves.

It solves the problem of noobs whining about fives and dooku. Of course it nerfs these toons badly.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Absolutely they should intercept counters. Good luck with St Han and Dooku. Turn meter for days

But ST Han dies faster than Dooku most times. What am I missing? I haven't lost to STH teams before or after the patch.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • FaRule_DaGalexy91
    278 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    TauDrah wrote: »
    So if you and your girlfriend was about to get mugged you wouldn't jump in front and 'take the bullet'?
    Would you tell the cop 'officer, she died cause the mugger wanted all her jewelry. I didn't jump in and take the aggro cause she was the one he wanted'.
    No, you would jump in, taunt, and take the damage for her.

No. But if my chick punched some other chick in the mouth then the other chick smacked her back..

It would be on her, such is the ways of the force

• Options
    I definitely do not have ST Han and this definitely isn't a flawed vote. :trollface:

I appreciate your honesty

*looks from side to side*

• Options
    It's all very thematic. Aoe is like a bomb, tanks can't help you. Aoe should also get around dodge. A taunt is supposed to take hits for you. People just mad their precious old man meta is over.

Exactly. Tears falling as they have to switch up their arena team for the first time in months.

Didnt effect my team at all. I just think its a stupid change

• Options

Huh? Fives was decent for a week and then they nerfed him with this.
  • Options

Huh? Fives was decent for a week and then they nerfed him with this.

They cant let new new toons have value!