Guild activity rewards totally off

So after 2 days of looking at this - and now checking on the current guild activity. The rewards systems seems totally unfair to a big part of the guild I am part of.

Can anyone explain with any base of knowledge exactly how the guild activities payout rewards are set up to work.

At the moment it just doesn't seem to be fairly rewarding guild members who make the most effort to climb up the tiers. We have the last 3 guild members making a small contribution and gaining more than members above them who have contributed more.

THe reward system doesn't seem to work.

Our number one placed played today spent 2000 energy points alone. And gained 300 coins.

Yet the last placed player contributed 150 energy and gained 150 coins?

How does that work?

Replies

• Options
    Fat_Sacks wrote: »
    So after 2 days of looking at this - and now checking on the current guild activity. The rewards systems seems totally unfair to a big part of the guild I am part of.

Can anyone explain with any base of knowledge exactly how the guild activities payout rewards are set up to work.

At the moment it just doesn't seem to be fairly rewarding guild members who make the most effort to climb up the tiers. We have the last 3 guild members making a small contribution and gaining more than members above them who have contributed more.

Our number one placed played today spent 2000 energy points alone. And gained 300 coins.

How does that work?

From what I can tell from just yesterday's rewards, the rewards aren't proportional to the amount of energy contributed but they are set depending on what place you get.

For example, I contributed 24 out of my guilds 271 GW battles cleared today. That is 7.7%. My reward would currently be 188 guild tokens. If I add up all of the guild tokens being distributed right now I get 5000 guild currency total. Seems like a nice number. Therefore, my 188 guild tokens is only 3.76% of the total number of tokens being rewarded.

I can already anticipate the next question: why would they do this? My guess would be that they implemented this so that one person could not create a guild and dominate the daily activities to try and maximize their crystals.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    @Fat_Sacks 'We have the last 3 guild members making a small contribution and gaining more than members above them who have contributed more.'

And then you say the higher contributor got 300 not 150 coins. Seems to me they are getting more for contributing more, it is just not directly proportional. The big contributors still get a little more, but it is not so much that they get a huge currency advantage over others.

I think it works fine how it is, you are still rewarded a bit for it, those spending to get much much higher energy should also be glad they are helping the guild as a whole gain more currency with higher tiers, their choice.
  • Options
    @Akster @KamikazeRhombus

Ok thanks for the replies.

The more I think about this it does seem to be a system that could work. Collectively working to gain more credits for the entire guild to share with slight bonuses for the players contributing more to the daily activity achievments. But the figures are not working correctly.

Todays example - I was slightly off with figures!

49th place - contributed 82 energy and gained 294 guild currency.

41st place - contributed 230 energy and gained 294 guild currency

40th place - contributed 232 energy and gained 206 guild currency

6th place - contributed 1000 energy and gained 276 guild currency

How can 49th place gain more than 6th place with a smaller contribution to the activity for the day? yes the coin gains ultimately help the guild as it helps players to build up their rosta with purchases from the guild shipments. But surely the above example cannot be proportionally rewarding players correctly?

This system would encourage players to make a small effort for a higher proportional reward across the guild as a whole. Surely the rank system should encourage players to achieve a higher rank to gain more credits.

Otherwise the system would be better if the guild was rewarded a set amount for each tier achieved which is then split across its members equally - regardless of contribution. Working collectively for a shared reward instead of what seems to be random amount being rewarded at the moment.

Definately needs some work to get this working right - it is early days i guess!

• Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    I think the rank 41-50 payout is bugged!

However, the more general point holds - they should have used the raid award structure for guild dailies so that those who spend big get more reward but still help those at the bottom of the guild. Then share out raid rewards equally.

This would create the fair and cooperative guilds we all want, while also allowing those who want to achieve more to do so.
  • Options
    @Akster @KamikazeRhombus

Ok thanks for the replies.

The more I think about this it does seem to be a system that could work. Collectively working to gain more credits for the entire guild to share with slight bonuses for the players contributing more to the daily activity achievments. But the figures are not working correctly.

Todays example - I was slightly off with figures!

49th place - contributed 82 energy and gained 294 guild currency.

41st place - contributed 230 energy and gained 294 guild currency

40th place - contributed 232 energy and gained 206 guild currency

6th place - contributed 1000 energy and gained 276 guild currency

How can 49th place gain more than 6th place with a smaller contribution to the activity for the day? yes the coin gains ultimately help the guild as it helps players to build up their rosta with purchases from the guild shipments. But surely the above example cannot be proportionally rewarding players correctly?

This system would encourage players to make a small effort for a higher proportional reward across the guild as a whole. Surely the rank system should encourage players to achieve a higher rank to gain more credits.

Otherwise the system would be better if the guild was rewarded a set amount for each tier achieved which is then split across its members equally - regardless of contribution. Working collectively for a shared reward instead of what seems to be random amount being rewarded at the moment.

Definately needs some work to get this working right - it is early days i guess!

Yes that would be a bug. The original example was not.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

How does that work?

From what I can tell from just yesterday's rewards, the rewards aren't proportional to the amount of energy contributed but they are set depending on what place you get.

For example, I contributed 24 out of my guilds 271 GW battles cleared today. That is 7.7%. My reward would currently be 188 guild tokens. If I add up all of the guild tokens being distributed right now I get 5000 guild currency total. Seems like a nice number. Therefore, my 188 guild tokens is only 3.76% of the total number of tokens being rewarded.

I can already anticipate the next question: why would they do this? My guess would be that they implemented this so that one person could not create a guild and dominate the daily activities to try and maximize their crystals.

And this is why there is an uproar...

Your typical guild **** has been designed out of it.

Nobody can exploit it like they expected to.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »

How does that work?

And this is why there is an uproar...

Your typical guild **** has been designed out of it.

Nobody can exploit it like they expected to.

You are incorrect. There is an uproar because people are legitimately concerned about fairness in a guild. No drama or selfishness happening in the major guilds. If you think that people contributing to the best of their abilities deserve the awful rewards at the bottom of the list is fair, then you are trying too hard to prove a point you tried making a month ago.

Also, way to take this post off topic. The OP was just trying to figure out the guild payouts. He wasn't asking for you to come in on your high horse trolling/acting better than the rest of us.

Have a good day Timi. :)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, mad he cant exploit...
  • Options
    It's nothing to do with exploiting a system.

Just trying to figure out the payouts. There is a bug. I'm sure it will be fixed. But not as we would hope for

as @Sarryen and @KamikazeRhombus have said - it needs to be a fair system that encourages the guild to work together and rewards to be fair for everyone. The guild system should be about a community working together to help build up its members. Not competing for individual glory

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    It's nothing to do with exploiting a system.

Just trying to figure out the payouts. There is a bug. I'm sure it will be fixed. But not as we would hope for

as @Sarryen and @KamikazeRhombus have said - it needs to be a fair system that encourages the guild to work together and rewards to be fair for everyone. The guild system should be about a community working together to help build up its members. Not competing for individual glory

Says who? Guilds are places to brag about your accomplishments, because nobody IRL cares you got first on the Raid leaderboard. The GL buys his glory at creation, assuming it has some sort of power component. It doesnt.