How would you feel about this guild?

dtmike1
242 posts Member
edited April 2016
Perhaps I'm being over dramatic here. I'm just really annoyed. The guild I'm in has over 90% of its members over level 70. The leader wants to spend the resources on doing the 4th tier first for the smaller players and less rewards for the higher players. I guess that's nice and all but when it comes to the guilds perspective it feels like it doesn't matter. He wants to get everyone's feet wet... Yet everyone in our guild has at least a five star toon. Most have multi seven.

I feel like the bulk of the players aren't being listened to. Most wanna start at the fifth because it will help everyone. Even the lower level players. "Sorry, this is the plan."

I almost wanna bail because this isn't what I signed up for. I wanted a guild that would understand I can't give 100% all of the time. That would stay with me and not have ridiculous high pressure goals that would get me punished or gone because I couldn't meet them but would still be competitive.

This isn't the first disagreement. However it stings more because I dumped more cash into the game last night.

So would you...

How would you feel about this guild? 34 votes

Tough it out a little longer. See what else happens.
23%
DarthCranxOobydoobLaerykenIAmExceptionpac0naut_Wong64SpaceDogHobnob 8 votes
Find a new guild since it's still early.
41%
BarrokAksterSmithieaceofthedarkDarthTRexusBoba_The_FetterDeadHeadAndyJaquizz1616Predianscca325isdjvitarenato4571RaglanGuyNz3Cheers4Tyranny 14 votes
Not sure but good luck.
0%
Drama, drama, drama...
35%
NaecabonStarSonSammyH805StarNickRulexJohnnyudesPannabboianonidudevbnHelloHeyTimitockCalvinTheHermit 12 votes

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Is there not a 'sounds perfectly reasonable and a good idea' box to tick?
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Coulda woulda shoulda. I guess.
  • Options
    I think you should just find another guild
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Drama, drama, drama...
    People who put a lot of effort into guild leadership typically have very little personal power.

They see leadership as power, instead of responsibility, and abuse the privilege.

Internet Napoleon Complex

• Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    If your putting polls up like this and your not agreeing with the direction of your Guild then leave bud and go to a more competitive Guild
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Well I have to admit I haven't been a fan of the idea of leaving my in game fate in the hands of someone else to "lead me" along their agenda.

I wanted to start my own guild but I'm not leadership or rather I didn't know what I was doing with the creation of a guild and what I would have to do.

I and a few others disagree with the idea. We feel it would help everyone more vs starting lower just to see what's what. It's expensive for these raids. I'm busting my backside as a 76 player to help out.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    If your putting polls up like this and your not agreeing with the direction of your Guild then leave bud and go to a more competitive Guild

Right but since he wasn't offering logic other than this is my plan I was hoping someone might give me a good enough reason I may be missing.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Drama, drama, drama...
    dtmike1 wrote: »

Right but since he wasn't offering logic other than this is my plan I was hoping someone might give me a good enough reason I may be missing.

He wants to hand-hold the lowbies.

Internet Foster Father Complex
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

He wants to hand-hold the lowbies.

Internet Foster Father Complex

Sorry that made me giggle.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options

If they are too low level, then they wont be able to defeat the level Rancor you require buddy so you might need a Guild which is your level
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    We however just got an option to vote on it. Only taken hours of a few of us complaining/making great points to go from dictatorship to a semi-democracy.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Drama, drama, drama...
    We however just got an option to vote on it. Only taken hours of a few of us complaining/making great points to go from dictatorship to a semi-democracy.

You must be in KoR.
    The dictatorship was a dead giveaway.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me. If the lower level guys are contributing coins to open the raid, how on earth is it fair to exclude them from the raid?
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options

If they are too low level, then they wont be able to defeat the level Rancor you require buddy so you might need a Guild which is your level

One person doesn't have five star toon...

Four more are under level 70

The rest are 70 or higher. I'm 76 the boss is 77
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me. If the lower level guys are contributing coins to open the raid, how on earth is it fair to exclude them from the raid?

The rest of us bust our butt to get low level gear we don't need. Just for his or hers participation trophy and ends up getting rewards they need. So how is it fair to those of use breaking our back for things we don't need.

I've even offered a go fund me account to help them level up. I'd give em fifty bucks just so that player could be involved.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. I would bounce. We are going for Tier 6 and then Heroic, and if it was anything else I would think we are under achieving.

I think you might have picked the wrong guild bro.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Might as well do the raid then bail. You'll be locked out of guilds temporarily if you leave
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    Options
    I always thought guild = raid but is just another part time job features that fooled us all with the rancor pose.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Drama, drama, drama...

The rest of us bust our butt to get low level gear we don't need. Just for his or hers participation trophy and ends up getting rewards they need. So how is it fair to those of use breaking our back for things we don't need.

I've even offered a go fund me account to help them level up. I'd give em fifty bucks just so that player could be involved.

Maybe use different terms than busting your butt/breaking your back. I work pretty hard, and this is just a game.

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    If it's bothering you enough to put up a poll, it's bothering you enough to switch guilds. Do the raid first though.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    If you join our guild and give me $50 I'll ask them to do a tier 6 raid lol :smile:
  • _Wong64
    233 posts Member
    Options
    I might be painful but in the long run it should help you to bring up lower level members
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

But they don't get a participation prize. The guys who are contributing coins, helping everyone unlock the raid, are not even going to get to the Tier 5 rancor to lay a hand on him through the trash mobs. One or two or three 5* characters isn't going to get you to the boss. There is no participation prize if you don't get to him.

It's another bad thing about guild implementation, where they're essentially forcing people to be in guilds around the same gear + star level as them rather than actual friends or anything that a human may want.
  • Options
    Honestly, I think it's okay as long as it's only one week. It's not like you lose the extra tokens you have banked; they will help you do higher tiers another time. Tier IV will almost guarantee a successful raid, and give everyone an opportunity to learn.

That said, I think it's a mistake to not do Tier V if your guild seems capable of it, unless they specifically have a mission of helping even the outliers in the guild.
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Proud Consular.
  • Options
    I don't know if it's a terrible idea really. You get a somewhat easier fight(s), learn the strategies to defeat the enemies, and you have a better opportunity for starting the guild out with a win. Your get slaughtered because you had no strategy, didn't know what to expect, no one gets anything. Then you run the risk of players walking for another guild.

If the lower level players feel like they're playing for nothing they may walk.

I don't see getting this worked up over the first raid.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Well, it's been dramatic. A higher player left after we went diplomatic and voted. His comment about the majority and kinda wanting a little reward for himself didn't go over with the first officer. Was told he knew his way out.

The biggest beef is with the first in command. Adds gas to the flames and tends to be a little condescending to other players in my opinion. I have authority, kiss my feet and I'll walk you through this complex game type mentality sometimes.

It's just for fun guild is turning into rules when it suits this person and pulls the just for fun card if we disagree. Pretty much to close the disagreement. I've been hoping the leader would step in and say something like you're both being silly and you both need to relax. This FO seems to always agree with the leader but he doesn't say much. Kinda let's us make our points. So I can't really dis the main leader. More so the "acting" officer.

We only have one officer. Seems their is a dissuasion as to whom to promote if any because we need to prove we'd be responsible enough... I don't recall that when the FO was promoted because the leader had to go away for a few days but needed someone to add players. Now we have to prove ourselves to the FO.

I was thanking the guy for finally admitting he was wrong for ignoring the vote and it implied he doesn't like a thing about me and is gonna keep his eye on me. Kinda like a threat. Be careful I'm gonna find a way to kick you out kinda vibe.

As far as breaking my back I could think of something better to use. Shelling out cash perhaps?

I kinda regret making this post. I was in a really bad mood thanks to personal life drama. I kinda lashed out a little. I logged on to our forum to see him pressuring someone to leave. Then later that night telling players they shouldn't use the in game chat because they couldn't read all the info. It wouldn't have been that bad had he asked instead of caps and "!!!!!!!!!!!!" and I'm not making that up... I took it as him yelling at people for not doing things his way. So, I got verbally confrontational. It's just for fun and no pressure unless I feel the need for pressure but don't you dare disagree with me or ignore me or I'll delete you.

So that's where I'm at. Waiting to squash it or wait until I'm removed by force. Drama drama drama.

Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    Join us instead:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/32208/the-secret-jedi-order-read-the-most-impressive-guild-post-ever#latest

Please make sure you read all of the thread before applying. However, you can skip the 'Lore' section.

I just started a guild which I have huge hopes for to become rank #1 as well as having a fun and homely environment. Read through the above thread and if you meet the requirements and like the visions I have for the guild, and think you will fit in with the vibe I want in the guild then reply on my guild thread and I'll send you an invite.
  • Options
    Come join our guild if you feel too pressured! Just playing at a regular amount is fine. Not necessary to get 600 a day or chase the daily guold challenges too much :)