A raid is not a competition!

Presto
66 posts Member
I am honestly lost as to what they are doing, why are their tiers of rewards in the first place?!? Do they even know what a raid is supposed to be? In other games if I am a healer, or my job is to kill adds or whatever, it doesn't matter, I'm part of the team and we all get the same (or same chance) at rewards. Please please please change this! There hasn't been a single response to the community in this issue, I don't understand why the radio silence on this. If you think this is how it should be, say it! Tell us your theory and why it works for CG, tell us you are listening to our input and concerns! Don't just ignore it, this is a problem that will not go away, only the players will...

Replies

• hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    They did make it slightly better, now someone who didn't precraft could maybe get one piece of the precraftable gear in 2 months!
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I agree that raids are a team effort and everyone should receive equal share. If anything, maybe reward biggest hitters with more tokens but everyone should receive the same gear. We already have to compete with each other for daily challenges. All CG/EA turned guilds into is another version of arena competing against fellow guildmates.

On a side note, the gear rewarded sucks. I thought it would be some hard to find fully crafted gear, perhaps the furnaces and droid callers that are in short demands. I was in 2nd place in my guild for a tier 5 challenge and I received some purple cubes of which I already had 67 of in my possession.
  • Options
    If you can heal my guys while in the pit I will gladly give you enough to buy a couple of Gear in the shop. :)
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    I agree that raids ate a team effort and everyone should receive equal share. If anything, maybe reward biggest hitters with more tokens but everyone should receive the same gear.

On a side note, the gear rewarded sucks. I thought it would be some hard to find fully crafted gear, perhaps the furnaces and droid callers that are in short demands. I was in 2nd place in my guild for a tier 5 challenge and I received some purple cubes of which I already had 67 of in my possession.

We agree completely as we have spoken about privately. I'm glad to have an officer like you helping me with all this brother. I hate the way the gear is dived. More tokens, maybe some big creds or some crystals for top 10, but give all equal gear.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    They did make it slightly better, now someone who didn't precraft could maybe get one piece of the precraftable gear in 2 months!

Honestly, I have had better luck with gear that you buy with crystals in the main shipments than anything showing up in guild.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    I agree that raids ate a team effort and everyone should receive equal share. If anything, maybe reward biggest hitters with more tokens but everyone should receive the same gear.

We agree completely as we have spoken about privately. I'm glad to have an officer like you helping me with all this brother. I hate the way the gear is dived. More tokens, maybe some big creds or some crystals for top 10, but give all equal gear.

Thanks Brotha. I love our guild and you are a great leader. Thanks for all of your efforts.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I really wish they would let guild leaders decide to have equal distribution. Tier 5 gives a total of 239, t6 505, t7 1080 of the new raid on pieces.

Can we have an option for guild leaders to change the rewards from scaling to t5 5, t6 10, t7 21 pieces per person with the same chance for a full craft regardless of rank? The totals are basically the same, and it makes for a much happier, more cooperative guild experience.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for creating this thread! I completely agree and am baffled at the lack of response.... this latest update didn't help this cause at all and still doesn't address the guild reward disparity (like OP said, at least speak to it!!!)
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    With the new update we won't have to worry about that anymore! They actually listened!
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You are welcome to compete with me in my guild...

Im not very good, you will probably win.

And hey, the guild wins really, right?
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Panna wrote: »
    With the new update we won't have to worry about that anymore! They actually listened!

What? The large reward disparity still exists....
  • Options
    "Do they even know what a raid is supposed to be?"

Supposed to be? By whose rules? If your goal is trinkets, start your own guild and only accept weaker members. They are just coattailing the guild leader anyway. 300k is all it takes.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

Did you read the structure? It's 97% the same. The loot exists now, but that should not be something special.
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options

Did you read the structure? It's 97% the same. The loot exists now, but that should not be something special.

You're still complaining? We get guaranteed new gear now with a chance at a full piece.
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, its great that the loot exists now, but that's a bug fix, not a real response to a huge number of complaints about how the system works.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you can heal my guys while in the pit I will gladly give you enough to buy a couple of Gear in the shop. :)

You're terrible lol
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

You're still complaining? We get guaranteed new gear now with a chance at a full piece.

Yes, the system is still ****, gives next to no progression to anyone in the bottom tiers, and still uses DPS as literally the only thing that matters in determining who gets what. Of course I'm complaining. Nothing notable changed. A bottom half player being able to get one piece of gear for one character in 2 months (if they are lucky and all the salvage is for the same gear piece) is still horrible. DPS is a **** way to measure contribution, especially considering how the whole guild coin system works. And how it can screw people out of the opportunity to 'contribute' DPS via work, time zones on character resets, etc.

If you felt you deserved a 10% raise at your job, and your boss came back and offered you a .5% raise, would you be thrilled? I doubt it.