Need help with PvP

I'm at a loss in PvP. Is it possible to win regularly scheduled if one doesn't have either Barris, Dooku, Sidious or Maul?

Here's my top characters...I get slammed regularly...

CHAR/LEVEL/GEAR/STARS
Chewie/59/7/6
Talia/59/7/6
Ahsoka/59/7/5
Ventress/59/7/5
Consular/59/7/5
Luminara/59/6/4
Ackbar/58/6/5
Royal Guard/52/6/4

Any and all help me is appreciated. Seems like if I don't get deeper pockets and get the "win all" characters that I just have to deal with losing.

Replies

• Options
    i use talia,sides,luminara,fives and boba and i float around 50 all the way to rank 3-5 sometimes if you dont have sidious you need another big hitter
  • Options
    With all due respect, you listed 3 characters I don't have. Is your point that I can't do anything with the chars I have?
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    DagonBlack wrote: »
    I'm at a loss in PvP. Is it possible to win regularly scheduled if one doesn't have either Barris, Dooku, Sidious or Maul?

Try running a night sister squad and you should be able to win nearly every match. You likely won't be able to defend very well but that's true with a lot of setups.

Run Ashoka as your leader and have Talia, Ventriss, Luminara, and Chewy. It's not an ideal setup but you'll win. Try to farm Daka to replace Chewy. She'll offer better synergy.

Ventriss and Talia are bugged and should get a nice booster in the next patch or two so that should help. Also you don't need 'deeper pockets'. You just need to farm different chars. I've spent $10 on this game and am top-50 PvP with near max sid/lumi and good 4/5 star chars like Boba, Luke, Poe, Chewy, Dooku.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have a tried running Ahsoka as the leader with Talia, ventress, JC and lumi...just seems like the leader bonus is pointless as I see almost no evades. In either case I'll try it out with Chewie rather than JC. Will follow up.
  • Options
    If you can raise Lumi up you'd be a lot stronger. Her leadership is only great if you are Jedi heavy though.

For ahsoka's bonus make sure it is leveled up as high as you can. Also don't neglect her unique as it helps a lot.

After you try Chewie test out an Ahsoka leader, Lumi, JC,Ventress, and Talia team.

For the long term, I'd work on Sid and then maybe fives since you don't have Dooku for counters yet.
  • Options
    You seriously need firepower in your inventory. None of them can deal damage. ATM offense wins in PVP. Design a strong offense and start farming.
  • DagonBlack
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So ahsoka as the leader is working with sort of...agree I need more firepower. ATM ventress is my best damage. I still don't think Ahsoka leader skill is working properly. Case in point...I just fought a Lumi team with Dooku, Talia, Sid, and K lo. Naturally they had more attacks than m team....several more. That's expected of course. What isn't expected is that their team (4 levels below me and 3k power less) evaded my attacks 9 times. I evaded them twice. Absolutely absurd. That match was a wrap if not for the ridiculous evades.
  • Options
    So ahsoka as the leader is working with sort of...agree I need more firepower. ATM ventress is my best damage. I still don't think Ahsoka leader skill is working properly. Case in point...I just fought a Lumi team with Dooku, Talia, Sid, and K lo. Naturally they had more attacks than m team....several more. That's expected of course. What isn't expected is that their team (4 levels below me and 3k power less) evaded my attacks 9 times. I evaded them twice. Absolutely absurd. That match was a wrap if not for the ridiculous evades.

Ventress is your heavy hitter, jeez. I think Jawa hits harder than her and faster. Ventress is super slow right? You never want your best hitter be slow because your opponent will always target your best hitter first.

Try Luke if you like single target guy, try 88 if you like AOE. There are many canons that are farmable.

• Options
    I disagree that Ventress is weak. Without her dmg bonus she crits 3.5k+ with her basic and 3k with her AOE. But, then again, I am comparing that dmg to the rest of my team so maybe it does suck.
  • Options

Sid has a huge evade against Jedi so if you were attacking him with Ashoka/Lumi/Consular they'll miss a lot. You can also use Ventress for the speed boost to her (still slow) and Talia (much faster).