ig-88 vs ig-86

if you could only choose one for a crit-based, non-droid team... which one would you choose?

it seems like 7* ig-86 has 2000 more health than 7* ig-88. ig-86 also has an ally assist attack and a super high critical chance. but works better with droids

ig-88 has health immunity, ability blocking, and aoe attacking. it has 2000 less health but doesnt need to work with droids. also has high crit damage...

Replies

• Options
    Ig88 works really well with aoe Debuff characters such as Sid and Vader. This is because his unique ability lets him do (at max level) 15% more damage for each enemy with a Debuff. This means that if you're playing arena and start the game off with the Sid aoe and it puts a dot on all 5 enemies, he will be doing 75% more damage than usual. I only have him at 3* and have already seen him crit for 8k+ with his basic attack.
  • Options
    And 88 has two numbers higher over 86 obviously a newer model. :) lol both have their uses though depending on your team and more importantly the opposing team.
  • Options
    will the 2000 less health be a big factor though? in pvp?
  • Options
    will the 2000 less health be a big factor though? in pvp?

If health is a big factor for you then I wouldn't use either. Both can pretty much be taken out first turn in pvp. The 2000 health difference is really just 1 extra attack to take him out. What you gain from ig88 is better than that one hit difference imo.
  • Options
    I used to have HK as my main droid. As he can take a beating. But with Phasma as lead, High crit chance IG 88 will hit really hard on the out of turn attacks. Typically 4,000 dmg is when i make them hit. And his aoe attack with phasma's AOE attack is **** good.
  • Options
    if you could only choose one for a crit-based, non-droid team... which one would you choose?

it seems like 7* ig-86 has 2000 more health than 7* ig-88. ig-86 also has an ally assist attack and a super high critical chance. but works better with droids

ig-88 has health immunity, ability blocking, and aoe attacking. it has 2000 less health but doesnt need to work with droids. also has high crit damage...

I've been pondering on the exact question myself lately.
    I experimented different combinations in the cantina battle. I can tell you that 86 only maximizes its potential on a droid team. Even if you put it on a single target team, it is not as effective as tie pilot or Luke. So you are much better off with 88. 88 works great with any debuff or AOE team. The health difference shouldn't be a concern because they're both glass canons. Against strong offense, they both fold quickly.

• Options
    alright thanks!
  • Options

IG88 if you're running a non-droid team. He hits harder and crits more often and is faster than 86. Overall an 'upgraded' model.
  • Options
    HK-47 Wins
  • Options
    IG88 really surprised me at 7*. His speed unless someone is able to 1 shot him...he will get his AOE off right after Sid. It's pretty devestating to the other team. Add in Poogle and it goes like this..

Match starts...

Poogle hits offense up...
    Sid hits his AOE for 3-4k...most are dotted
    IG88 with offense up + damage increase from debuffs can hit 4-5k AOE.....

Want to see big numbers on AOE? Poe has faster speed than IG88 he will go right after Sid I believe. He will add around 2k damage making IG88 hit for up to 7k...on an AOE.

Lol any questions?
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    IG88 really surprised me at 7*. His speed unless someone is able to 1 shot him...he will get his AOE off right after Sid. It's pretty devestating to the other team. Add in Poogle and it goes like this..

Match starts...

Poogle hits offense up...
    Sid hits his AOE for 3-4k...most are dotted
    IG88 with offense up + damage increase from debuffs can hit 4-5k AOE.....

Want to see big numbers on AOE? Poe has faster speed than IG88 he will go right after Sid I believe. He will add around 2k damage making IG88 hit for up to 7k...on an AOE.

Lol any questions?

Also Poggle gives IG88 speed buff boosting him to around 130 range. So it will go before the enemy Lumi and whatnot.
  • Options
    i have poggle and sid xD. ill start working on ig88 as soon as i finish sid. thanks!
  • Options
    I've got IG88 at 6* so far and he is a beast. I also have IG86 on the sidelines now as I would like to build him in the future but yes, IG88 in my opinion is the better choice because he can work with non-droids better and seems to me to be the better overall fit for my team...
  • Options
    I also like IG88 better..
    U can have Lobot as leader for droid speed boost and debuff/healing for emergency

Or another twist is on an empire team with Vader .. Tarkin leader for speed boost (tarkin or veers, always confuses them) Vader, Sid, IG88 and Poggle
  • Options
    U can have Lobot as leader for droid speed boost and debuff/healing for emergency

Or another twist is on an empire team with Vader .. Tarkin leader for speed boost (tarkin or veers, always confuses them) Vader, Sid, IG88 and Poggle

I'm farming Veers, how is his AOE damage?

Thanks

• SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is basically the team I'm building. Sid/Poe/IG-88/Poggle/Lumi. Poggle gets his offense up out, Sid fires off his AOE, Poe fires his taunt (plus AOE), then IG-88 pops. Lumi cleans things up. Pretty sure even the AI can't screw that one up.

I'd like to eventually add Daka in place of Lumi. She adds a stun plus she has a chance to bring back IG-88 if he gets FF'd out and pretty much everyone is going to focus him right off the bat.
    Plus we're talking about a ridiculously fast team with Sid/Poe/Poggle/Poggle enhanced IG-88/Daka. And Sids bonus to crit chance/damage will wreck face.
  • Options

I'm farming Veers, how is his AOE damage?

Thanks

Veers is especially good vs rebels.. With that said.. His AoE does a decent amount of dmg and can ability block which is always a good bonus.. And also his passive is good.. Whenever an enemy is defeated he can gain Offense up for 2+ turns if I remember well

He's not worth being a leader, but depending on your setup, he can be quite good...if he can unload his specials.. He's a tad slow tho.. So when I tested him, I had tarking boosting his speed to give him a chance..and then basic attack to gain that speed up even more
  • Options
    I may face a similar choice soon. Question on speed: 88's base speed is actually quite low. Assuming no poggle, how does that manage to be a plus for him? Does he gain a ton of speed from gear and ability upgrades?
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    This is basically the team I'm building. Sid/Poe/IG-88/Poggle/Lumi. Poggle gets his offense up out, Sid fires off his AOE, Poe fires his taunt (plus AOE), then IG-88 pops. Lumi cleans things up. Pretty sure even the AI can't screw that one up.

I'd like to eventually add Daka in place of Lumi. She adds a stun plus she has a chance to bring back IG-88 if he gets FF'd out and pretty much everyone is going to focus him right off the bat.
    Plus we're talking about a ridiculously fast team with Sid/Poe/Poggle/Poggle enhanced IG-88/Daka. And Sids bonus to crit chance/damage will wreck face.

That's a good setup

I don't have Poggle yet.. Only 3 heroes I don't have.. He seems quite fast.. What's his top speed?

With opponents like u, I usually go for Poggle first and stun him or ability block him with Dooku since he's fastest hero in game atm.. Until they bring Yoda :)

Love Daka.. She can be such a game changer and annoying for opponents .. If u place a Daka in ur line up, that would force me, hypothetically, to go after Daka first.. That would make it quite tougher
  • Options
    Lorenzo wrote: »
    I may face a similar choice soon. Question on speed: 88's base speed is actually quite low. Assuming no poggle, how does that manage to be a plus for him? Does he gain a ton of speed from gear and ability upgrades?

He has 116 speed at max gear but he also gains speed from Poggle's buff (tho not certain if it works during the first turn).

That's a good setup

I don't have Poggle yet.. Only 3 heroes I don't have.. He seems quite fast.. What's his top speed?

With opponents like u, I usually go for Poggle first and stun him or ability block him with Dooku since he's fastest hero in game atm.. Until they bring Yoda :)

Love Daka.. She can be such a game changer and annoying for opponents .. If u place a Daka in ur line up, that would force me, hypothetically, to go after Daka first.. That would make it quite tougher

Poggle has 136 speed and can only be stunned by Dooku but even that is a low possibility since he is no Jedi and has a quite high tenacity.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    At 70, 88 is too squishy for arena. Even post protection update.

He is one shot killed by rey. He is one shot then finished off by AOE by lots of faster toons. If by a nondroid team you mean no poe/poggle or other way to speed up his first attack, then 86>88 in general utility. 86 has same health as GS or rey. These guys are fairly hard to take down in first round behind a decently fast taunter or an RG.

88 without a speed up toon will only get an attack 50% of the time. The rest of the time he is just an empty spot on the roster, absorbing one shot for your tank before he is dead. AI will target him every time. Unless you have someone even squishier and really like to lose.

If u want 88, you need some way to get his speed up. If his aoe blocks the right toons he might live long enough for you to get a taunt up. Unless you have an all out dps/droid team, poe alone doesn't cut it for a taunter, either.

• Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    At 70, 88 is too squishy for arena. Even post protection update.

He is one shot killed by rey. He is one shot then finished off by AOE by lots of faster toons. If by a nondroid team you mean no poe/poggle or other way to speed up his first attack, then 86>88 in general utility. 86 has same health as GS or rey. These guys are fairly hard to take down in first round behind a decently fast taunter or an RG.

88 without a speed up toon will only get an attack 50% of the time. The rest of the time he is just an empty spot on the roster, absorbing one shot for your tank before he is dead. AI will target him every time. Unless you have someone even squishier and really like to lose.

If u want 88, you need some way to get his speed up. If his aoe blocks the right toons he might live long enough for you to get a taunt up. Unless you have an all out dps/droid team, poe alone doesn't cut it for a taunter, either.
    I haven't used 88 in arena yet, but this matches my experience with him so far. If you can set up his AoE then you can do some serious damage, but it's difficult to guarantee that. 88 is the only toon I've one-shotted since the update (it was with an 86 with Poggle lead and offense up, FWIW).

86 isn't ideal as a single target damage dealer, but he's still good and way easier to farm than Rey or FOTP. With some protection he can stick around a while and does very good damage. He's perceived as a relatively low priority target (probably below Daka, Han, GS, and QGJ), so you'll probably get to use him while 88 is a high priority target so he just gets killed.
  • Options
    Darkness wrote: »
    And 88 has two numbers higher over 86 obviously a newer model. :) lol both have their uses though depending on your team and more importantly the opposing team.

By that reasoning, we should all be using IG-100
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    86's special may not be as powerful as Rey or FOTP, but his basic is stronger than either and his cooldown is 2 as opposed to 4, so (at the risk of over-simplifying) his avg. total damage dealt over 4 turns (28,896, assuming 4k assist) is greater than either Rey (28,297) or FOTP (21,850). Of course, this is strictly from a damage perspective and doesn't include Rey's triple hit chance - considering other factors like foresight, offense up, etc. I'd still take Rey. Though with Lobot lead and JE 45% turn meter, 86 may surpass Rey as the best attacker in the game.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    opu120 wrote: »
    86's special may not be as powerful as Rey or FOTP, but his basic is stronger than either and his cooldown is 2 as opposed to 4, so (at the risk of over-simplifying) his avg. total damage dealt over 4 turns (28,896, assuming 4k assist) is greater than either Rey (28,297) or FOTP (21,850). Of course, this is strictly from a damage perspective and doesn't include Rey's triple hit chance - considering other factors like foresight, offense up, etc. I'd still take Rey. Though with Lobot lead and JE 45% turn meter, 86 may surpass Rey as the best attacker in the game.

Hey nice data, wish that this kind of information was easier to glean. Do you have a excel with this data, or did you just calculate it on the fly from swgoh.gg?
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks! I calculated from swgoh.gg on the fly. When I have the time, I'd love to create a comprehensive excel but will take a few hours.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options

Nice set up. Especially, the dumb down on AI lol
  • Options
    whats now