Randomly generated Galactic War opponents

Teague
939 posts Member
edited May 2016
I get tired of fighting the same teams over and over in arena. And because GW uses actual players teams, you end up facing 12 battles against the same 8 - 10 characters over and over. Gets old. I'd love to see more variety in who I face in GW.
Also, many people think GW is too hard since the protection update. If the battles were against random opponents, instead of actual players teams, it would be much easier by default. Because most likely, the opposing team would have no synergy. And the most likely would have no healer, as there's only so many in the game.
It would, in my opinion, make GW WAAY more fun.
What do you think? Vote!!

Randomly generated Galactic War opponents 74 votes

I like the idea of randomly generated GW opponents
75%
MurTelbenacrowWhiteroomBaggodiMofojokers1992WJ28GwonkEricsonXEleiemThorius_Antares_2605President_ScroobDuckDodgersFranckMcBeckerDan_zclawsofhonorBrandiecardozaMolKanarMeese_Rancherjetwing13TheBasshar 56 votes
No, keep GW as it is
24%
AkavirDaddyngo007LegoLegs_OobydoobquigonkennyxSkandarGraunxSpudaronivbnRacethefacethecuriousocelotDarthFionziGravytrain0815TorsionWaquileefSkirataTHEPUNISHER81748Makaveli 18 votes

Replies

• Options
    I voted Yes not because I think GW is too difficult, but because it is too boring fighting the same teams.
  • Options
    No, keep GW as it is
    Easier =/= more fun. Get everyone to quit copying the teams they're facing, and the problem will solve itself.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I voted Yes not because I think GW is too difficult, but because it is too boring fighting the same teams.

Yea, I don't find it hard either. I just added that because a lot of people do. I would just love to see diversity in my opponents.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I fought 4 Dooku lead fives savage kylo daka teams yesterday so any teams that aren't high level arena in GW are perfectly fine to me. It's insane that they make us fight maxed arena teams 6+ times when we only have 1-2 good maxed arena teams at all.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Easier =/= more fun. Get everyone to quit copying the teams they're facing, and the problem will solve itself.

The only way to do that is to make more characters viable at high level, something I do feel they are trying to do. But for now, most players are only going to use the characters they feel give them the best chance at winning. And it gets old seeing the same opponents over and over and over and over.....
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think randomly generated opponents is the way to go, but I'd definitely like to see more diversity. I came across a full nightsister team and another droid team last week, and they were actually fun to defeat. Perhaps if it could rank squads by how common they are (based on how common the heroes and the lead is), and start promoting rare teams so that they're used a lot more.

(I didn't vote because I don't agree with either option)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    As long as the difficulty doesn't change much, I think it would be fun to see some bizarre team comps in GW. Just for the novelty value.
  • Options
    It would be nice to see other toons than dooku lead
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I swear, I fight Sid in at least 95% of my GW battles. It really gets old. Just the same 8 - 10 opponents over and over and over... Tired of it. Beginning to make GW feel more like a chore than a fun game mode. I'm really surprised more people don't agree.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No, keep GW as it is
    Teague wrote: »
    I swear, I fight Sid in at least 95% of my GW battles. It really gets old. Just the same 8 - 10 opponents over and over and over... Tired of it. Beginning to make GW feel more like a chore than a fun game mode. I'm really surprised more people don't agree.

i honestly dont fight the same toons over and over. i do encounter alot of sids, that much is true.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Get everyone to quit copying the teams they're facing, and the problem will solve itself.

Oh ok!

So rather than simply changing a piece of software, instead we just have to change the behaviour of hundreds of thousands of people and somehow force them to field less competitive teams? That is way easier, and definitely the most logical solution to the GW boredom issue. Wish I'd thought of it.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    No, keep GW as it is
    Just...no.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    yes moooaarr rng
    rng in battle, rng in shop, rng in farming, rng gw opponents woooo
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No, keep GW as it is
    I'm facing loads of varied teams now. Last three nodes esp. are generally ptp teams with kit fistos, leias, and aaylas. Even came up against a clone team the other day. Not easy dealing with gear X when you're gear 8/9, but the variety is fun. And it's amazing seeing what random team comps can work for specific situations without using suicide squads or losing toons. I've been discovering Teebo lately. He's awesome!

In my experience, the days of Barris, Lumi, Sid and Fives are long gone...
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I'm facing loads of varied teams now. Last three nodes esp. are generally ptp teams with kit fistos, leias, and aaylas. Even came up against a clone team the other day. Not easy dealing with gear X when you're gear 8/9, but the variety is fun. And it's amazing seeing what random team comps can work for specific situations without using suicide squads or losing toons. I've been discovering Teebo lately. He's awesome!

We are having very, very different experiences then. I honestly don't know if I've fought a team that didn't have both Sid and Lumi in a long time. And the other 3 slots are usually very predictable as well, just a selection from a pool of 6 or 7 other characters. I'm beginning feel like they need to rename GW to "12 battles against Sid and friends"
    I wish I were having your experience. In my opinion, they should randomize opponent selection, then remove the retreat function. Those 2 changes would make it WAAY more fun.
  • Options
    No, keep GW as it is

We are having very, very different experiences then. I honestly don't know if I've fought a team that didn't have both Sid and Lumi in a long time. And the other 3 slots are usually very predictable as well, just a selection from a pool of 6 or 7 other characters. I'm beginning feel like they need to rename GW to "12 battles against Sid and friends"
    I wish I were having your experience. In my opinion, they should randomize opponent selection, then remove the retreat function. Those 2 changes would make it WAAY more fun.

Haha Sid and friends sounds more appropriate for an Ice Age spin off.

Jokes aside, I think it might depend on your squad power. The highest i've used is 34k, so i end up facing a lot of squads of that power or higher in the final few nodes. What that tends to mean, for now, is that I'm facing a lot of p2p players, as they're more likely to have levelled and powered up more their toons. Hence why i'm up against a lot of variety.

• Options
    CLASSIC!!!!
    "I'm beginning feel like they need to rename GW to "12 battles against Sid and friends"".
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options

Wait until you only see Sid in the first 4 or 5 battles then face non-healer teams of Omega 5's, RG, STH, QGJ and Rey. There is some variety though, sometimes there is Leia, Dooku and Daka and IG86. OHKO, more like 2HKO, happens all the time to my poor level 77 gear IX toons without protection before I can even make a move. Galatic Chore.
  • Options
    Ban Sid and Kylo. A Chewie in every battle!
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, but with synergy. Let's make it fun, not simple.