Royal Guard needs to be changed

This is absolutely ridiculous. Not only does he have the most health in the game but the most insane unique. I just had to fight this in gw. It killed EVERY one of the tools.

Dooku (L)
Rey
QGJ
Ewok Elder
Royal Guard

Okay so when RG is on the field, always kill him first, right?

Not possible here. You kill him and then before you can kill ewok elder, he revives royal guard back to half health. In addition, dooku, rey, and qgj just destroy you while you pick away at the God who goes by the name of Royal Guard.

Never really been one to complain but this is so ridiculous. I just think he needs to be slightly changed. Nothing major because that would be unfair to those who have farmed him.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    PmanRingo wrote: »

Only if you ignore other options like dispelling taunt or bringing their glass cannon to just above half health before you finish him off with a high damage attack without RG taunting and then leave RG as second or third to kill. But why bother working around him, when you can complain here instead?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Only if you ignore other options like dispelling taunt or bringing their glass cannon to just above half health before you finish him off with a high damage attack without RG taunting and then leave RG as second or third to kill. But why bother working around him, when you can complain here instead?

What he said! lol
    829-416-931
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    You can't just ask for a nerf just because you can't beat something this is just as dumb a thread as those who say Fives is OP. Just because you haven't bothered to try a strategy to beat a RG team and insist in just useing your normal line up that doesn't make a toon almighty or in need of a nerf. He was buffed for a reason now he has his uses
  • Arim74
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Well, then just kill the Ewok Elder before killing off RG.
    Or start with Rey. With a good line up she can be killed before her second turn (unless it's a dodge festivity).
    RG is really not that good. He might have a great health, but is damaged quickly to.

• Nuwonda
    56 posts Member
    Options
    seriously there is nothing wrong with RG... and even if there were, people need to stop calling for nerf bats and rather ask for the buff bat to buff other toons then. Like each Toon gets a Rabbit trap so Dooku gets stuck when he is doing his bunny dance.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

I've never understood the "bring him to just above half health"

How specific can you really be with this? I try it from time to time, and honestly, you have to be quite lucky to pull it off (please don't crit!).

And dispelling with a healer on the team is only a sometimes answer, depending on how bright the AI is feeling. If they heal right after you dispel, then you're back to square one, but without a dispel. Do you play two dispellers?

I generally am against nerfs to characters, so I'd like to know if this is actually super easy like you're saying, but I have not find it to be consistent at all.

In this case though, a small nerf to RG could widen the meta a lot.
  • PmanRingo
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not complaining. I just don't understand how to get around him in some cases. And you're theory of getting people to have health is nearly impossible with ewok elders heal and killing them is no good because of his revive
  • Options
    in that battle I would have stunned the elder. then killed the rg. you can whack the rg a bit to soften him up. stun the elder and finish the rg. I use a stun team though and that works for me.anyways .once rg health is below 50% he is useless. sometimes I whack him below 50% and work on something else. he taunts below 50 . he dies quickly.but really depends on the flow of battle.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »

I've never understood the "bring him to just above half health"

How specific can you really be with this? I try it from time to time, and honestly, you have to be quite lucky to pull it off (please don't crit!).

And dispelling with a healer on the team is only a sometimes answer, depending on how bright the AI is feeling. If they heal right after you dispel, then you're back to square one, but without a dispel. Do you play two dispellers?

I generally am against nerfs to characters, so I'd like to know if this is actually super easy like you're saying, but I have not find it to be consistent at all.

In this case though, a small nerf to RG could widen the meta a lot.

You develop an eye for bringing them to just above half health, use a hard hitting toon to remove protection, then a weak hitting toon can add just a little tap sometimes two to bring them even lower. Then anyone with a big hit and an assist can finish them off. You might have to work on more than one toon at a time if you need to burn up a high damage turn. If you accidentally trigger RG's taunt, then you use a dispell that you brought along. Just trying to hammer through RG can be a formidable task.
  • Options
    hhooo wrote: »

Do you play two dispellers? .

Yes actually.. sometimes 3
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    No nerfs necessary. Build a roster and learn to play.
  • Arim74
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not complaining. I just don't understand how to get around him in some cases. And you're theory of getting people to have health is nearly impossible with ewok elders heal and killing them is no good because of his revive
    Like said: then kill the ewok elder as first.
    When I meet Daka I also start with killing her before the higher targets, so she can't revive an enemy I just killed.