Happy New Year from Capital Games!

Replies

• Options
    @eosdelb
    I am here to assure you this is not a purely visual bug. On many occasions I have experienced this bug. For example character shard drop #1 gives 12 shards bringing my total for that character to 32/30, the dupe shard drop later in the 8-pack shows another 12 shards but the count remains at 32/30

I do believe this is not a bug: when opening Chromium packs, the full amount of shards is added immediately, even if you feel like you're discovering portraits one after the other, everything from #1 to #8 is taken into account as soon as you reveal the first portrait. That's why players get the impression that follow-ups are not counted, but they do.

One way to verify this would be to write down current amounts of shards of every single character before purchasing a new Chromium pack.
  • somegame8861
    271 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Can you make Count Dooku shards appear in shipments?
    Post edited by somegame8861 on
  • Options
    Hi everyone!
    Agreed that bugs need to continue to get squashed. We have been fixing bugs in updates since launch (and before). We also have a robust QA group who help us track things down. But it goes without saying that as much as we test before release, when millions of people get their hands on the game they will find new things. Given that, we will (continue to) review the Bugs and Issues section regularly to see what the community has reported.

Regarding the customer support, we have heard the concerns and we have been speaking with that team. We will continue to keep a close eye on this situation and reaching out to you guys to let us know if things have gotten better (or not).

Hello John,

Thanks for responding to us personally, cold, dead corporate heart or not! :smiley:

I'm glad to see that bugs are getting squashed, and I won't waste your time with too many minute specifics. Instead, I'd like to know more about how QA is done at CG overall. For instance can you describe the size of the team that is in charge of pre-release playtesting? Do you have a debug mode set up that lets you quickly create teams to test, and test against?

The reason I ask is that I'm assuming your QA team is relatively small, just based on sheer speculation. If, for example, Dooku can apply a debuff on a counter attack, then have the debuff removed immediately once his 'turn' ends, that's indicative of a larger issue with QA overall, imo.

I think that it would benefit everyone if a new "Sandbox Mode" were implemented for end users. I'm envisioning sliders where we'd be able to select the star rating, level, gear, and ability level of a friendly and opposing team for use in that mode, only. Failing that, just the ability to build a team to play against with your current lineup would also be super helpful. It would give us something to do in the game, even if it doesn't actually accomplish anything resource-wise. But more importantly, it would give us more technically-inclined users ways to test bugs we've seen crop up in regular play, or heard about. As you say, there are millions of people laying hands on your game, after all.

I'm sure this would take significant resources to move on, and I'm not demanding anything at all, especially not any specific timeline commitment. Just throwing out an idea that I'd mentioned in another thread that seems to be well received by the players there.

Thanks for showing up to the gauntlet that is the official forums, and providing a new whipping boy for all of us sadomasochistic jerks.
  • Options
    eosdelb wrote: »
    And still no mention of addressing the dupe shard bug, and compensation for those of us who have lost out on untold numbers of shards?? I really enjoy this game and don't want to have to go to Google for a refund.

We are looking into this one. It's still not clear (to me at least) if this is just a visual bug, or if the actual shards awarded are incorrect. @EA_Jesse will follow-up once we've determined the nature of the bug.

@EA_Jesse

I am here to assure you this is not a purely visual bug. On many occasions I have experienced this bug. For example character shard drop #1 gives 12 shards bringing my total for that character to 32/30, the dupe shard drop later in the 8-pack shows another 12 shards but the count remains at 32/30. After completing the reveal of the rest of the 8-pack I go for the character to promote it, where it still shows 32/30, pay the promotion credit cost, and I then have the character with 2 shards toward the next promotion. This does not happen only when a character exceeds the required shards for its next promotion, but it the most clearly understandable (i hope) example that this is a real bug, based on my real experience.

I certainly hope to hear some real information about this moving toward a resolution soon. I am loving playing this game, and don't want to see its future endangered by this current issue (which has been identified elsewhere as a "known issue"). What this ultimately comes down to is a failure to deliver paid merchandise, which I doubt the community will support for long. This is currently the only game I spend real money in, and I would like to keep it that way for a long time. I am continuing to spend some real money on the game, but now only on energy refills or the occasional shipment purchase, no more 8-pack (or any level chromium packs) until this issue is confirmed fixed. I'm sure my spending would be more if chasing those hard to get characters was a viable option, but it isn't with the broken dupe shard issue.

I can't say for certain I didn't receive shards for duplicates as I didn't check every character before hand when I have opened packs, although I've open numerous packs with doubles and didn't feel I received the right number of shards. I can say for certain I have opened a pack with Sid who was already at 7* and did not receive any shards for him as he is still at 2/0 which was where he was after I had promoted him fully from my last arena shipment purchase.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    Hi all!

I have long been thinking that we need a smart BOT . As it learn how you play and the way we fight . Because they sometimes hit the wrong enemy or something. I think the PvP bot is far away from my real tactics and strategy.

Sorry for my bad english!
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Merkur0m wrote: »
    @eosdelb
    I am here to assure you this is not a purely visual bug. On many occasions I have experienced this bug. For example character shard drop #1 gives 12 shards bringing my total for that character to 32/30, the dupe shard drop later in the 8-pack shows another 12 shards but the count remains at 32/30

I do believe this is not a bug: when opening Chromium packs, the full amount of shards is added immediately, even if you feel like you're discovering portraits one after the other, everything from #1 to #8 is taken into account as soon as you reveal the first portrait. That's why players get the impression that follow-ups are not counted, but they do.

One way to verify this would be to write down current amounts of shards of every single character before purchasing a new Chromium pack.

people have taken a screen shot of all characters before opening and verified they are in fact losing shards like this.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks John S. for your further responses. It's great to have dialogue with you guys!

Two questions, if you don't mind:
    1) I know you don't want to give us a date for the level cap increase, but can you tell us whether we *will* get the date when we get closer or if it'll just show up as a surprise? And if the latter, will it at least be at relative midnight for everyone? Otherwise you're going to have us playing Chicken every day..."No, I can't use my energy yet. The cap might get raised any minute now..." sort of thing.
    2) Any plans to revamp the PvP ranking process? Many of us have expressed confusion with why it works the way it does. Personally, I don't have a problem with the winner taking the loser's rank. But why does the loser then fall all the way to the winner's original rank? If #20 beats #10 it's fine for them to take over the 10-spot, but why did the old 10 suddenly "lose" to 11 through 19 and fall all the way to 20? They should just take 11, and everyone move down a spot.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    why cant we send pm to allies in game?
  • Options
    Happy New Year.

@CG_JohnSalera are there any plans for adjusting the reward system for allies? Initially the reward system awarded ally points to both the user and the loaner of a character. This encouraged stronger players to ally with weaker, active players who would use their characters. However the software was bugged and ally points were not being awarded to the people loaning toons.

The tooltip was changed to no longer reflect that loaners would be rewarded with ally points. The playerbase has now responded and no longer bothers with lower-level allys. This creates an entry barrier for new players that did not exist previously.

Please consider improving that. The ally system is a nice way to try out new toons and to get a boost for tough missions that require specific skills to counter (ie. Old Ben against AOE sand troopers or Daka against glass cannons). It would also be nice if we had a better idea of what our allies had available for us as well as what toons our allies were using from our available characters.

Thanks. Fun game.
  • Options
    i have opened several 8x chronium packs and i have lost several shards due to this bug, and im not mad that i not received any good heroe but i want either a refund, a compensation or the shards that i have lost.. but everything else im happy with this game and you guys have done a good job, im willing to keep spending money on this game because i really enjoy playing it but please fix this error because we are loosing money due to this mistake.

by the way this is the first game that i have seen that the developers listen to their community. great job capital games.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    2) Any plans to revamp the PvP ranking process? Many of us have expressed confusion with why it works the way it does. Personally, I don't have a problem with the winner taking the loser's rank. But why does the loser then fall all the way to the winner's original rank? If #20 beats #10 it's fine for them to take over the 10-spot, but why did the old 10 suddenly "lose" to 11 through 19 and fall all the way to 20? They should just take 11, and everyone move down a spot.
    I'm not John, but I would like to point out why this probably won't happen; multiple people are playing at the same time.

Consider if rank 4 is fighting rank 1, and rank 3 is fighting rank 2, and that both fights result in a win at around the same time. It would be extremely annoying for the guy at rank 3 to win, get rank 2, then immediately be bumped back to rank 3 when he checks after the fight.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    I'm not John, but I would like to point out why this probably won't happen; multiple people are playing at the same time.

Consider if rank 4 is fighting rank 1, and rank 3 is fighting rank 2, and that both fights result in a win at around the same time. It would be extremely annoying for the guy at rank 3 to win, get rank 2, then immediately be bumped back to rank 3 when he checks after the fight.
    True, but I'd say it's less annoying than the #1 guy falling to #4 with one loss. #3 at least had the choice to attack higher if he wanted to.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    i would love poe to be in galactic war shipments i am really struggling for a tank taunter because my luminara keeps getting killed first turn every game
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »
    Hello Heroes!

On behalf of the entire game development team here at Capital Games, I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! 2015 has come to a thrilling close for us and that is directly thanks to you and the millions of people who have played our game.

I also wanted to take a moment to reflect on the last few weeks since launch, and talk about what's ahead.

We launched the game worldwide just over five weeks ago. And while we always believed in our game, we have been humbled and awed by the huge outpouring of positive response. From the reviews, to the amount of time players spend in the game each day, to the feedback on these and other forums it's clear that the game is delivering what we'd hoped: a great Star Wars experience for mobile players across the world.

During the past five weeks the team has been busy fixing bugs, adding polish, and releasing new characters. We have addressed over 200 issues since launch -- a good portion of that based on your feedback.

That being said, we know not everything is perfect and there have been some mistakes, the Barriss tuning probably chief among them. Please know we take your feedback to heart and will work hard to avoid that situation in the future. Our team has a strong culture of both listening carefully to player feedback and constantly improving the game, so please keep all the positive and negative feedback coming. @EA_Jesse and @CG_AaronNemoyten have been the main ones posting on the forum, but many of us on the team read the forums actively.

Looking ahead, we have a lot of cool stuff planned. I can't get into many specifics because schedules and priorities can change and I don't want to promise anything that isn't certain. However I can say we will continue to round out our feature set, as well as add some wonderful innovations no other game is providing.

We will also keep bringing out additional characters to provide more strategic options as well as bring some frequently-requested Star Wars icons into the game. Our game is fundamentally designed to continue to grow as Star Wars grows. I hope by now you have all had a chance to see The Force Awakens. If so, I think you'll agree the future for Star Wars looks very bright indeed!

One thing I can announce -- and something we've been hearing increasingly requested in the forums -- is that we will be raising the Player Level cap from 60 to 70 in January. This will unlock new Light Side Battles, new Dark Side Battles, and new Cantina Battles. This will also open up new tiers of Gear and Ability upgrades for characters.

Beyond that we are currently wrapping up our next major update which will bring a brand new Events system (replacing the Key Card system) as well as bunch of improvements to the overall game experience. Again, many of these changes are in alignment with your feedback.

In closing, it’s a great time to be a Star Wars fan and we are so happy to have you enjoying this Star Wars experience with us.

Thank you all again for taking the time to play our game!

John Salera, Executive Producer

TL;DR: Happy New Year from the dev team! Thanks for playing the game and providing feedback. More cool stuff is on the way!

what EA has heart and listen to what we say? I can't believe it and of course i'm excited for the new stuff.

No. He works for Capital Games.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks again @CG_JohnSalera. Your posts are a breath of fresh air, please keep them coming.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera are there definitely new characters coming into the game with the next big update?
  • Options
    Probably not the best place for this question but am I the only one getting half of the rewards for all galactic war battles? For example it says I get 2 five star training droids but only get one when I go to inventory
  • Options
    First when try to update ability on heroes it doesn't happen and loose resources.. At least make the energy bar and cantina energy full when a player levels up..please don't be so stingy.. You will loose players.. There should be a way to earn more energy and cantina energy... A vip system for those who contribute by paying.. Like other games.. Please make easy achievements like oldest 100 items from store next should be 200 and not 500..again do the be stingy.. Players will loose interest if it's difficult to achieve.. Similar other achievement to be made easy... Not from 100 to 500..mkre achievement to be made available.. Gear drops currently difficult.. Also t3 training g droid price to be reduced or give more... Most important ease reduce slightly the discount level in galactic war.. Like first a year should get a bother level at 5 to 10 levels down and then Increas3..remeber all these feedback so that players do the loose Interest and once they like the GAme they will donate.. Thanks for listening...
  • Options
    Zeeb05 wrote: »
    Dude. You absolutely hit this whole thing on the nose! Extremely well said! I love the squad vs Rancor idea for farming specific shards! I agree with 100% of everything you said and I really hope Capital games takes a gander at this post. Great constructive criticism, my friend!

@Zeeb05
    Thanks, I appreciate the positive response since I put a good amount of thought into that post. I'm hoping for the same!

• Options
    Kaylik wrote: »
    Zeeb05 wrote: »
    Dude. You absolutely hit this whole thing on the nose! Extremely well said! I love the squad vs Rancor idea for farming specific shards! I agree with 100% of everything you said and I really hope Capital games takes a gander at this post. Great constructive criticism, my friend!

@Zeeb05
    Thanks, I appreciate the positive response since I put a good amount of thought into that post. I'm hoping for the same!

Yeh good post. This is my main frustration with the game, I'd love to experiment around with characters but due to the completely ridiculous shard drop rates and limited no. of characters in shipments it is nearly impossible if I dont spent around £100 on this game, even then I dont have much say in what character i would be getting. I dont mind spending a few quid here or there but ATM the most efficient way to spend (limited) money is to buy energy refills and that will only give maximum of 10 shards per refill so having a bulked up roster is nearly impossible without spending way too much money on this game. Now they are adding even more characters but I cant even unlock existing ones like Rey etc. Im sure many new players will not have the patience most of us have and will put the game down promptly.
  • Ilza
    67 posts Member
    Options
    And still no mention of addressing the dupe shard bug, and compensation for those of us who have lost out on untold numbers of shards?? I really enjoy this game and don't want to have to go to Google for a refund.

We are looking into this one. It's still not clear (to me at least) if this is just a visual bug, or if the actual shards awarded are incorrect. @EA_Jesse will follow-up once we've determined the nature of the bug.

@EA_Jesse

I am here to assure you this is not a purely visual bug. On many occasions I have experienced this bug. For example character shard drop #1 gives 12 shards bringing my total for that character to 32/30, the dupe shard drop later in the 8-pack shows another 12 shards but the count remains at 32/30. After completing the reveal of the rest of the 8-pack I go for the character to promote it, where it still shows 32/30, pay the promotion credit cost, and I then have the character with 2 shards toward the next promotion. This does not happen only when a character exceeds the required shards for its next promotion, but it the most clearly understandable (i hope) example that this is a real bug, based on my real experience.

I certainly hope to hear some real information about this moving toward a resolution soon. I am loving playing this game, and don't want to see its future endangered by this current issue (which has been identified elsewhere as a "known issue"). What this ultimately comes down to is a failure to deliver paid merchandise, which I doubt the community will support for long. This is currently the only game I spend real money in, and I would like to keep it that way for a long time. I am continuing to spend some real money on the game, but now only on energy refills or the occasional shipment purchase, no more 8-pack (or any level chromium packs) until this issue is confirmed fixed. I'm sure my spending would be more if chasing those hard to get characters was a viable option, but it isn't with the broken dupe shard issue.

I can't say for certain I didn't receive shards for duplicates as I didn't check every character before hand when I have opened packs, although I've open numerous packs with doubles and didn't feel I received the right number of shards. I can say for certain I have opened a pack with Sid who was already at 7* and did not receive any shards for him as he is still at 2/0 which was where he was after I had promoted him fully from my last arena shipment purchase.

I think this is now fixed.
    Got 2 full unlocks for Sid in chromiums two days ago and I had Sid at 1/0 7*, he is now 65/0.

• Options
    Thank you for pushing the game to level 70. My only issue is I've been playing now for approximately 7-10 days since I've been at level 60. I have earned a great amount of xp which basically has meant nothing and doesn't exist. Any plans to address this issue with players at level 60 already. I'm asking because I have invested a few dollars (approximately $20 US) and play the game often every day. I believe something should be done for these players who have worked hard and lost because the level capacity at launch was not appropriate. Thank you and look forward to a response.
  • Options
    Kaylik wrote: »
    Let me start by saying that SWGOH is by far the best mobile game I've played. However, since I began playing in early December, I've realized that there are couple areas that really should be addressed to make the experience vastly better for everyone. I have too much to say to include on this post so I'll just talk about what I think will make the biggest difference.

The Problem
    The biggest problem is character availability. When I first starting really getting into the game, I had so much fun thinking about different possible squad synergies and what characters I needed to unlock in order to build them. Unfortunately, as I became more aware of how characters progress into the "late game" I realized that the characters I obtained from the forty dollars I spent on packs would ultimately be useless to me because of the fact that I cannot promote them. My 4* grand moff tarkin will always only be 4*(of course unless I spend more money for a 1/71 chance at some shards which won't even be enough for a promotion). After realizing this I stopped buying crystals altogether. I knew that if I want a squad that will be viable for me in the long run, it needs to consist of FTP characters. The reason why everyone's pvp team looks the same is because everyone who doesn't spend tons of money is essentially forced to choose between the 2 or 3 good choices from each shipment if they want to compete with 5*+ teams anytime soon.

the solution----
    Rather than restricting many of the characters to purchase-only, why not create energy-expensive or crystal priced missions to have a chance at their shards? In style, these missions could be like additional hard-mode missions or they could be completely new like 5v1 boss fights(imagine fighting a rancor or something epic like that with your squad). The bottom line is, if there's a certain character I want, I'm much more likely to purchase crystals if I know where my money is going. Implantation like either of the above will open up all characters to everyone, while maintaining and arguably increasing crystal purchases.

----side rant about chromium packs---
    The random aspect of the packs is fun and all but I'm a bit disappointed that I've gotten better characters from Bronzium packs(mace windu,baris, old daka all 4*) than I have from spending 40 bucks on chromium packs(grand moff 4*,cad bane 3*, leia 2*, a few ewoks and many unusable shards distributed amongst unobtainable characters). Of course me being me I thought of my own ideas of what I think should be done about this and I'll consider posting more if people happen to care what I have to say.

Genius idea! I completely agree with everything you're saying. Capital Games should hire you!
  • Options
    Hi all,

I know the game is very new and there are tons of higher priorities such as bugs fixing.

Still, here is an idea that could be interesting: currently, 90% of players play the same 25% of roster. Most characters are ignored/considered useless.

It's a pity, this game deserves much better than having 75% of it's roster ignored.

Has anyone tried Final Fantasy Record Keeper? This game's mechanics make most characters useful by adding "synergy" bonuses depending on which "realm" a character is played. Moreover, weekly events with one-time only missions and rewards give a feeling of renewal/freshness that keeps players' interest very high, week after week, month after month.

How about implementing weekly or monthly special missions such as infiltrating an Ewok base with a Jawa only team, Rebel-only mission against Empire, etc.
    That would give players good motivation to start working on all those ignored characters, wouldn't it?

Also, I wish there was something to do after finishing all daily missions to the max of your crystal-spending ability. Anything = P

No matter what, I'm eager to discover what comes next. This game has such a great potential.
  • Options
    Merkur0m wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know the game is very new and there are tons of higher priorities such as bugs fixing.

Still, here is an idea that could be interesting: currently, 90% of players play the same 25% of roster. Most characters are ignored/considered useless.

It's a pity, this game deserves much better than having 75% of it's roster ignored.

Has anyone tried Final Fantasy Record Keeper? This game's mechanics make most characters useful by adding "synergy" bonuses depending on which "realm" a character is played. Moreover, weekly events with one-time only missions and rewards give a feeling of renewal/freshness that keeps players' interest very high, week after week, month after month.

How about implementing weekly or monthly special missions such as infiltrating an Ewok base with a Jawa only team, Rebel-only mission against Empire, etc.
    That would give players good motivation to start working on all those ignored characters, wouldn't it?

Also, I wish there was something to do after finishing all daily missions to the max of your crystal-spending ability. Anything = P

No matter what, I'm eager to discover what comes next. This game has such a great potential.

A good idea! I would certainly like to see new modes and more diversity than the same cookie cutter teams. However, I also have couple conerns which I think needs to be addressed to make this happen:
    1. Most F2P players struggle to just field a competitive 5-hero squad since acquiring and levelling up heroes without financial investment is painfully slow. Introducing modes which require deeper bench would mean they will mostly be parties for the P2P players ...though it may incentivise players to spend which may be a good thing for EA/CG. It is easy to say go against the trend and explore other alternatives, but such is difficult when you have very limited resources. There is a reason why we see cookie cutter teams out there; it is not a choice, but more of an inevitable necessity
    2. Do we have enough hero base to have faction-specific missions? Some (e.g. Jedi, Rebels, Empire) do, but some (e.g. Clones, Jawa) don't. Without more heroes per each faction, we may see cookie cutter teams for certain faction-specific missions /list]
  • Options
    Yippie, new stuffs coming :D
  • Options
    @obiwan1011
    Thank you for your positive answer. Indeed, allowing everyone, including FTP players, to enjoy special faction-specific events would be a major challenge for devs. Maybe a "slow and easy" approach with newbie missions to begin with? Or some kind of announcement prior to the event so that players can prepare their team accordingly?
  • Options
    Vassago wrote: »
    nice job guys, even for an EA game !!

Ha! (It's true :) )
  • Options
    Leadership ability stays even when leader is defeated. How about making leadership ability disappear after leader is defeated? This would certainly make for more options.