Tier 6 Raid Questions - Ask away

Prev13
Barrok
1754 posts Member
edited May 2016
Hey guys,

While we (Team Instinct) aren't specifically talking about Heroic tier yet, we are willing to answer questions and discuss strategies for tier 6.

If you are running into issues, or just want to know what to expect ask away!

Edit: Please keep this clean of trolling. I really want to help people get through t6.

Replies

• Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    If it takes your guild more than a day to take down tier V, stay way from VI. We started with VI, it took us 6 days to beat, and then we wiped out tier V in 12 hours.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    What was the pig strat you were using? @Benr3600
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Do you do a dps team when the door can be shut and a tank team when it's on cool down? What lineups do you like?
  • MiTRAP
    71 posts Member
    Options
    How many the HP of each boss in each phase?
    Does leader ability work in every phase?
    Can you stun the gammorrean captain? Or is ewok team still viable against him?
    Thanks before
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Options
    Which character from GW is more useful in raids? Teebo? Phasma? Rp?

And from arena shipments? Tarkin, asajj of akbar?

Trying to decide who to farm next ;)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Stuwart wrote: »
    Do you do a dps team when the door can be shut and a tank team when it's on cool down? What lineups do you like?

DPS is definitely helpful. We noticed that "tenacity" seemed to go up on Rancor after you dropped the door, so some of our better players were able to hold off as long as possible from using the door.

One strat for the door... don't jump right for it. You can wait till rancor is almost about to take a turn, and then attack the door. This way you get in some extra damage.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

I only faced them once, on Monday, so I was mostly clueless outside of their basic info. I pretty much kept dispelling the taunt w/retribution on the left and stunning/killing the one on the right.
  • fikretkuru
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    i want team suggestions for every part of raid. when play against the captain in part 1 what is the best strategy which characters works good. how can stand long in this part?

and i wonder why leader abilities don't work?
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    MiTRAP wrote: »
    How many the HP of each boss in each phase?
    Does leader ability work in every phase?
    Can you stun the gammorrean captain? Or is ewok team still viable against him?
    Thanks before

I believe (and I could be wrong, but I am close):

Phase 1 Captain is 6 mil:
    Phase 2 & 3 Rancor : 10 mil
    Phase 4 Rancor : 7 mil

You can stun both of his guards but not the captain.

As for ewoks, their was a video where an ewok team did 2.2 million against the captain phase on tier 5. While I don't believe that much is doable on T 6, it's definitely a strat you can use.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    fikretkuru wrote: »
    i want team suggestions for every part of raid. when play against the captain in part 1 what is the best strategy which characters works good. how can stand long in this part?

and i wonder why leader abilities don't work?

Leaders work only in phase 1. Pick leader abilities that will keep you alive longer and maximize your ability to not hit the "enrage" timer on the captain.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »

I only faced them once, on Monday, so I was mostly clueless outside of their basic info. I pretty much kept dispelling the taunt w/retribution on the left and stunning/killing the one on the right.

One strategy we used we to stun one of them, then kill the other. Then you can focus the captain while trying to keep the other one stunned. You can also kill the adds and then use characters like tuskan raider and Rex to keep turn meter down. I also used Tuskan Shaman to generate some really high damage dots.

Another thing to remember, Deathmark can be dispelled. It can also wear off. So if you can bring Ackbar or Ewok Elder or Rex, you will be doing great. If not, you can try and control his turn meter long enough to survive the 5 turns or whatever it is of deathmark, then it drops. Just don't get hit with deathmark.. you die (hence the name).
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It feels like the pigs are just there to wipe out your "A team" if you're making your first run and don't know what to expect or how things are going to go. Yes? Also the escape function...I haven't used it (mostly forgot I had it). When used, does it reset your toon back to fresh, or are you stuck with a clinging to life hero? And does it negate whatever damage was done to the rancor like a retreat in GW? And does escape burn one of your 5 attempts?
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    I've been using Phasma, Rey, GS, QGJ, and Old Ben for my dps squad. Lately I've only been putting out 300k damage and by the time I escape I'll usually have like 1-2 characters. That's not a bad outing in my opinion. But then i tried a tank, healer, dps build and they wiped before I could reset the cool down, then the rest of my tanks also failed. So I really screwed up today on phase 3
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    It feels like the pigs are just there to wipe out your "A team" if you're making your first run and don't know what to expect or how things are going to go. Yes? Also the escape function...I haven't used it (mostly forgot I had it). When used, does it reset your toon back to fresh, or are you stuck with a clinging to life hero? And does it negate whatever damage was done to the rancor like a retreat in GW? And does escape burn one of your 5 attempts?

Think of the raid like a 4 phase GW. You can use the retreat function just like you do in GW. So, if you think your team is solid, take it in and see. Before you lose everyone, retreat and try it again. This way you can test lots of lineups. If you retreat you don't lose the battle and you can jump right back in and try again. You do no damage and your characters take no damage.

Edit, as for the escape function.. you can use it for sure.. but what I found is by the time I try to escape my guys are either close to dead, or at least have lost protection. A character without protection dies too easily. So, some of us just go all out and if we die we die. This might change if/when leader abilities are added. It might be worth trying until you can save your leader.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Also, I already pm'd @BentWookiee but congrats on the Heroic win. Too many trolls hitting the announcement thread. If it were meant to be easy, the rewards wouldn't be so big.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Stuwart wrote: »
    I've been using Phasma, Rey, GS, QGJ, and Old Ben for my dps squad. Lately I've only been putting out 300k damage and by the time I escape I'll usually have like 1-2 characters. That's not a bad outing in my opinion. But then i tried a tank, healer, dps build and they wiped before I could reset the cool down, then the rest of my tanks also failed. So I really screwed up today on phase 3

300k is boss! You are doing it right! If you want to get a complete high score, you need either a really large roster, or the ability to score high with 3 or so of your best guys, then save your other best guys for another part of the raid.

What we learned on our first attack was many of us burned through our best teams... leaving our C grade teams for the end. This caused us to have to wait for a reset. Spacing it better allows you to beat it easier and with higher scores.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    Which character from GW is more useful in raids? Teebo? Phasma? Rp?

And from arena shipments? Tarkin, asajj of akbar?

Trying to decide who to farm next ;)

If you are f2p and can only focus on those guys, you want Ackbar for sure (assuming you don't have ewok elder or rex).

All three of the GW ones you mentioned are great. I used phasma in one of my biggest phase 2 damage thanks to the speed down and positive turn meter. And RP is just a good damage dealer.

A word of caution on Asajj... I got her to 7* gear 8 specifically for this and never used her. The idea of removing buffs is great, but you really just want to kill at least one of the mobs.. and then CC the other. Or just flat out destroy both of them and manage turn meter. She wasn't an all-star, at least for me.
  • Old_Tallen
    385 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

The guards are strong against classic arena a teams, that's where I think a lot of players are going wrong. You need to field a team for the encounter more than just field your best team.

When you escape it's the same as GW used to be, your toon stays on the health it escaped on and your turn timers are not reset.

The rancor encounter is cumulative, so when your fight ends, another player picks it up. The Rancors health does not reset.

Escaping only works on a single character, there is a lead timer so you can't escape immediately and there is also a % chance of success, 75% in t4, 60% in t5 etc and if you fail, you can't try to escape again for 5 turns I think it is. When your team have all escaped or died, that's the end of one of your five fights.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »

The guards are strong against classic arena a teams, that's where I think a lot of players are going wrong. You need to field a team for the encounter more than just field your best team.

When you escape it's the same as GW used to be, your toon stays on the health it escaped on and your turn timers are not reset.

The rancor encounter is cumulative, so when your fight ends, another player picks it up. The Rancors health does not reset.

Escaping only works on a single character, there is a lead timer so you can't escape immediately and there is also a % chance of success, 75% in t4, 60% in t5 etc and if you fail, you can't try to escape again for 5 turns I think it is. When your team have all escaped or died, that's the end of one of your five fights.

Good to know. I've run 2 raids with no escape attempts. 1st place within my guild on both. In fairness the refresh timer expired, so I was able to re-enter since the raid was still available. Kind of like running 3 raids, but not.

Thanks for the info. Now if I can just remember what was good in Arena back in December.
  • Options
    How hard is it to stick debuffs and TM reductions in P2-4?
    I mean will all toons need to have it or is one with high potency enough?
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Is tusken shaman and his DoT any good against rancor ?
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »

One strategy we used we to stun one of them, then kill the other. Then you can focus the captain while trying to keep the other one stunned. You can also kill the adds and then use characters like tuskan raider and Rex to keep turn meter down. I also used Tuskan Shaman to generate some really high damage dots.

Another thing to remember, Deathmark can be dispelled. It can also wear off. So if you can bring Ackbar or Ewok Elder or Rex, you will be doing great. If not, you can try and control his turn meter long enough to survive the 5 turns or whatever it is of deathmark, then it drops. Just don't get hit with deathmark.. you die (hence the name).

Actually, I let deathmark hit one of my characters. Old Ben. With Rey, Phasma (L), Savage, and Daka, they get a huge bonus of damage if you cant get RNG right (reset if you dont).
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Do you think a Hat should have been added to the Rewards?
    Because... Bentwookiee. :|
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Do you think a Hat should have been added to the Rewards?
    Because... Bentwookiee. :|

At best you'd get 5/50 shards for a hat...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • CPTRogers
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Think of the raid like a 4 phase GW. You can use the retreat function just like you do in GW. So, if you think your team is solid, take it in and see. Before you lose everyone, retreat and try it again. This way you can test lots of lineups. If you retreat you don't lose the battle and you can jump right back in and try again. You do no damage and your characters take no damage.

Does that use up one of your 5 attempts?

• Options
    Wow thanks for these tips - super helpful!!!!
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    CPTRogers wrote: »

Does that use up one of your 5 attempts?

No, retreating from a raid works just like it does in GW. Everyone is reset to the way it was when you started, including your attempts for the day.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for these tips - super helpful!!!!

No problem. Feel free to PM me or post here for any other questions.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    puru wrote: »

In my best t6 phase 1 run, I did 1.2 million damage total. 300k was from Tuskan Shaman dots.

Edit: That was a against captain and you asked for rancor. From guildmates I heard that his dot did some heavy lifting. I don't think you can go wrong with tuskan shaman (unless he gets killed fast because you need pre-crafts for him).
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    puru wrote: »

In my best t6 phase 1 run, I did 1.2 million damage total. 300k was from Tuskan Shaman dots.

Edit: That was a against captain and you asked for rancor. From guildmates I heard that his dot did some heavy lifting. I don't think you can go wrong with tuskan shaman (unless the gets killed fast because you need pre-crafts for him).

Thanks thats good to know. I asked about rancor specifically because in phase 2 you can do a lot more damage if you can get debuffs to stick on rancor. Sid's DoT or heal immunity never seem to stick :(

Another question: Can you please tell which debuffs can be applied to rancor?
    So far I have
    Work: Defense down, Offense down, DoT, Speed down, Bomb, Expose
    Do Not Work: Stun
    Unknown: Ability Block, Heal Immunity, Buff Immunity