Need a way to get more credits

Prev1
K1ngYoda
203 posts Member
Come on guys....lets us farm money..

I need 3.21 million credits just to promote the characters I have needing promotion.....and by time I earn enough to promote these toon....I will need another 4.3 million credits to promote the ones I am farming.

I am going behind.

FIX PLEASE!!!!
“Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. I currently have 36 characters that I have enough shards to promote (11 who I can promote twice) but not enough credits to do so and still work on my main teams.

Good luck, and just pick one non-main to work on at a time.
  • K1ngYoda
    203 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Welcome to the club. I currently have 36 characters that I have enough shards to promote (11 who I can promote twice) but not enough credits to do so and still work on my main teams.

Good luck, and just pick one non-main to work on at a time.

That is what I have been doing.

I need another 500K to promote Rey to 6* and my A team will be good for a while.

But my Empire team all need one or 2 upgrades as well.

GMT needs 2, soon 3
    Stormtrooper needs 2
    Magma needs 1

Then I also have Phasma that needs 7* promo
    STH needs 7* promo

And I have stopped farming everyone else until I hit level 77 and can farm IGD.
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Options
    Hopefully they won't raise the level cap again for a long time to give everyone a chance to get caught up. I know I have a ton of leveling to do. Soon I will have 3 full teams at 7* but need millions of credits to get them from 70ish to 80.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    2x rewards GW was a huge boost. Getting 3M credits over 2 days really helped. Watch out, they might make another 2x GW rewards at the end of the event!
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they do. As you said, it was a great boost just before I hit 77 and had to level Arena and GW teams.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully they won't raise the level cap again for a long time to give everyone a chance to get caught up. I know I have a ton of leveling to do. Soon I will have 3 full teams at 7* but need millions of credits to get them from 70ish to 80.

Agreed.
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I just reached 77 and it will take me at least 5 more days to level just my arena squad. You can basically work on maybe one-teo toons outside your arena squad unless you buy credit packs.
  • Options
    I wish that they would add Crystal refreshes to daily challenges similar to how cantina works. After 3 attempts you can refresh for 100 crystals for another 3 attempts...then 200...400...and so on. This wouldnt give us options for increase credits everyday but would be a good way to implement a system that's already part of the game in crystal refreshes towards mats, training droids, and credits.
  • Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    2x rewards GW was a huge boost. Getting 3M credits over 2 days really helped. Watch out, they might make another 2x GW rewards at the end of the event!

All rewards should be doubled every day and this game would actually have a reasonable rate of progression.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I HOPE they do a GW double event before it's over. There's only so many things they can put double drops on. Another GW would be spectacular. I just hit level 70 and capped two toons....boy, THAT took a chunk. I have two toons hitting 6* this week and praying I have enough credits to do those.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Just open your wallet, that's what its all about. There will always be several aspects that are unreasonable in the game, designed specifically as pain points unless you $pend. Welcome to every "free" game, ever.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Wish I could just... ya know.... loan Rey out to anyone who wants to use her for a few credits.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I HOPE they do a GW double event before it's over. There's only so many things they can put double drops on. Another GW would be spectacular. I just hit level 70 and capped two toons....boy, THAT took a chunk. I have two toons hitting 6* this week and praying I have enough credits to do those.

They already did a GW double event. It was like the second day.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If only they would bring back the selling of gear / training droids. I have 300+ for every salvage item that I don't need anymore and 2000+ for training droids that 3* and below which I cannot use as it makes getting max character level much more expensive.
  • Tycho
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Credit rewards in this game just don't scale. The difference between Tier 2 and Tier 3 Bounty Hunter Challenge is pathetic. Some Achievements that take 2-3 months to complete give out 30k credits (with some Vader shards) as a reward. What an insult. Seriously... that's chump change that won't even cover crafting a single piece of gear.

I know EA wants people to fork the $$$ for credits but the game design is terrible if you have no choice but to shelf your toons if you want to remain free2p.

The May the 4th was a nice boost but no one should be counting on those events to get the needed influx of credits. The game should be designed so that the credits scale. GW should scale the rewards. The challenges need to pay out waaay more than the measly 280k that you get every 3 days.
  • Tycho
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just open your wallet, that's what its all about. There will always be several aspects that are unreasonable in the game, designed specifically as pain points unless you $pend. Welcome to every "free" game, ever.

****, there are ways to design free games that don't **** off the non-paying player base. If it wasn't for us, your Arena ladder would only contain 300 players and any new players would have zero chance at climbing it.

If EA keeps this up, they'll have to shut down the GoH servers in a year.

There a careful balance that needs to happen in these games and EA is so far from it it's sickening.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    Options
    over 90% of players agree with you according to a recent poll
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/35000/credit-crunch/p1

however EA wants to farm your credit card
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Agree cash limitation getting to the point of ridiculous it takes 4 million to level 1 toon from 1 to 80 the update changed the meta and it's difficult for a player to change with it without spending serious cash....not going to though EA sorry your not going to get one more penny out of me now costs to play are spiralling out of control . Those saying yeah it's fine obviously have an addiction issue they need to come to terms with this sort of fleecing is not right
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    K1ngYoda wrote: »
    Come on guys....lets us farm money..

I need 3.21 million credits just to promote the characters I have needing promotion.....and by time I earn enough to promote these toon....I will need another 4.3 million credits to promote the ones I am farming.

I am going behind.

FIX PLEASE!!!!

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000 and a half!
    CG_JohnSalera *waves*

Rise up my people - RISE!!!

Let there be CREDITS!
    Or cheaper stuff cause it really is fargin ridiculous - ludicrous - insane - you know, coocoo for coco puffs.
    Ever see the movie Crazy People John?
    Seriously try this for me: Use your E.P. pull to gather all the devs & talking heads in a room and ask:
    "Who here wants to make a Star Wars game?"
    And then: "Who here wants to be a fire engine?"

They all raised their hands both times didn't they John...
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    Slow leveling. Most people over-extend themselves and push too hard to get to the top. I've looked at lots of people's inventory and they have way too many useless toons at various levels, stars, and gear. All of that is a drain on your primary toons that do most of the work. Stop leveling so fast and give yourself time to accumulate credits. Build your strength one toon at a time. I've been doing this from the beginning and I find I have more credits at the end of each level than the level before. Each level takes more time, which gives you more time to gain credits.
    Just slow down!
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Slow leveling. Most people over-extend themselves and push too hard to get to the top. I've looked at lots of people's inventory and they have way too many useless toons at various levels, stars, and gear. All of that is a drain on your primary toons that do most of the work. Stop leveling so fast and give yourself time to accumulate credits. Build your strength one toon at a time. I've been doing this from the beginning and I find I have more credits at the end of each level than the level before. Each level takes more time, which gives you more time to gain credits.
    Just slow down!
    Why are you chiming in at level 57? You're not there yet - if nothing changes you will find out eventually.
    We are hand cuffed by credits! Or maybe stun-cuffed
  • Options
    Just slow down!

I have played for 5 months (since the beginning of December). I do 1 21 day crystal subscription each month so I am not entirely ftp. I am level 77. I have 17 characters @ 7* gear 8+ lev 70+ (most are 73). There are 81 available characters. That means I have only been able to get ~20% of available characters to a playable level in 5 months (and those 17 would need many millions more to get to 80 ).

The amount I have spent on characters outside those 17 is minuscule. Basically another 20 characters that have been unlocked and brought up to 40 to use as suicide squads. That's like 3 million (one weeks worth of work) for suicide squads.

I have the shards available to move 11 more characters to 7*. However, I do not have the credits to either promote or level them.

After 5-6 months of play and spending $20 a month, I personally think it should be reasonable to have closer to 50% of characters 7* and up to the level cap.

• Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Just slow down!
    Why are you chiming in at level 57? You're not there yet - if nothing changes you will find out eventually.

I'm chiming in because my point is relevant to other players that are not level 70 + . You are not the only person that plays this game. And frankly, I just don't believe you. I think the problem is that you people are just lousy money managers. You want everything NOW, and complain when you can't get it.
  • Options
    I think the problem is that you people are just lousy money managers. You want everything NOW, and complain when you can't get it.

Fox News watcher Alert!
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    Options
    I think the problem is that you people are just lousy money managers. You want everything NOW, and complain when you can't get it.

Fox News watcher Alert!

lol he does sound like Bill O'Reilly
  • Options

Fox News watcher Alert!

Communist News Network watcher Alert!
  • Options
    lunarwolf wrote: »

Fox News watcher Alert!

lol he does sound like Bill O'Reilly

And you guys sound like whiney entitlement brats.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Just slow down!

I'm chiming in because my point is relevant to other players that are not level 70 + . You are not the only person that plays this game. And frankly, I just don't believe you. I think the problem is that you people are just lousy money managers. You want everything NOW, and complain when you can't get it.

You should gather more info before acting like that. You don't believe me based on what? Knowledge -nope experience - nope. So just assumptions & you know what happens when you ASSUME? You make an A.****. out of U and ME well no in this case it's just you.
  • Options

Actually, your point is completely irrelevant.

I get it. You want to contribute and give an opinion and that's 'okay'; however, in this case, you are completely inexperienced and have no concept of what you are talking about.

At level 57 you simply can not understand. The game begins to make a VERY dramatic increase in credit costs at level 60. It's practically exponentially magnified with each level after that. What cost 10k, costs 100k. After 70, things just go insane. 70-71 was around 110k to level, iirc. 76-77 was 289k or so, iirc. These increases come without any increases in the amount of credits you receive for completing tasks in the game. None. GW pays the same it has always paid. LS/DS battles pay the same. Everything pays the same. The costs just go up exponentially.

The system is broken. Unless you want to unlock only on shard a day for your 'focused character' and save your GW for 120+ days (assuming you complete it every day) you can not be okay with the credit ratios as they are.

It's not about money management. It's about economic resource management as there are many other factors involved (ie., gearing, daily activity reqs, challenges, etc.) that are a part of the balance. Any educated economist would immediately understand a simple 'focus one character' model would be insanely inefficient and non-productive given the influx of other resources.

The fact still remains that without proper credit reward scaling the game is severely broken at the top levels in terms of advancing characters you have already technically earned (you have all the shards but just can't do anything with them). It's broken when you can literally have 5+ characters at 6* waiting to be promoted to 7* but can not make enough credits to get them there... Ever.