Overpowered chars ruined the game

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Give it time till you find those CT5s RG Leia teams. None of those 3 you mentioned are OP now. Not even the first 3 i named imo, but...much better than average that's for sure.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    There are three factor in the game.

1. Overal dmg in the game (attack, assists, bonus attacks)
    2. Speed and turn meter and stuns ( turn meter reduction...)
    3. Buff and debuff potency of squad (antitank, stealer of buffs...)

Of course stared geared a lvled chars u must have but its matter of time.

If u dont agree with that u probalbe arent over 70 and was rank one.

After new update one hit killers and assists cant one hit kill. But stuner can still multiple stuns...

If u think that thos game os balanced its pretty on laugh.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Usho wrote: »
    lol another " I wanna be in top 10 but nerf those characters because I farmed others" thread...

I was there and easily get there. See my previous topics and videoa. Problem is that this game is desperate.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen someone in the number one spot with droids on my server. I use IG-86 in my arena team (a mixed squad, not all droids), and I've had the #1 spot about 4 times in the past couple of weeks. He's my best damage dealer.

The bottom line is that all teams, and toons have a weakness. Instead of always running the same team no matter what, you need to adapt to who you're fighting. Get a pool of players, and change your lineup according to who you're up against. I know who Dooku, QGJ, ST Han, and others are weak against. Use your brain, and figure it out. If you just want your one droid team to have no weaknesses, and to snag #1 without any thought then you're asking for the very thing you're mad about.
  • Darken26
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Your line of reasoning smacks of entitlement. Your special snowflake if a team is no longer number one so the game is broken and other characters are too powerful. The meta changing droids are in a better spot then the have been since the coin toss Poe era. If droids aren't working for you find a different team you like and work on them. Hate to break it to ya but not everyone can be number one.
  • Saku1313
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Darken26 wrote: »
    Your line of reasoning smacks of entitlement. Your special snowflake if a team is no longer number one so the game is broken and other characters are too powerful. The meta changing droids are in a better spot then the have been since the coin toss Poe era. If droids aren't working for you find a different team you like and work on them. Hate to break it to ya but not everyone can be number one.

+1
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Darken26 wrote: »

Thank u for your advices.

Meta droids arent that much attractive as u think. GS will make good dmg thats all. Ig 88 is useles againts dooku. IG 86 just take coldown down. Nothing speacial.

QGJ will always be stealer of buffs and offense up cheater. Thats all.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    JRA wrote: »
    I've seen someone in the number one spot with droids on my server. I use IG-86 in my arena team (a mixed squad, not all droids), and I've had the #1 spot about 4 times in the past couple of weeks. He's my best damage dealer.

The bottom line is that all teams, and toons have a weakness. Instead of always running the same team no matter what, you need to adapt to who you're fighting. Get a pool of players, and change your lineup according to who you're up against. I know who Dooku, QGJ, ST Han, and others are weak against. Use your brain, and figure it out. If you just want your one droid team to have no weaknesses, and to snag #1 without any thought then you're asking for the very thing you're mad about.

I dont think there is good tatics for droids. Sorry.
  • Options
    This sounds a lot like "scissors squad just lost to rock and called rock overpowered." The named characters are not overpowered at all versus some other squads. For droid teams, there's a good chance Jawa Engineer will bring them back to the top. I would be farming him aggressively if I ran droids.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Pagyno wrote: »
    lol another " I wanna be in top 10 but nerf those characters because I farmed others" thread...

I was there and easily get there. See my previous topics and videoa. Problem is that this game is desperate.

Game is not, on the other hand, you oh yea, you are. Why dont you farm those heroes that you think are "op" ? Games balanced and so are the most of the characters, its just non creative players that make up some team comps and everyone copies them later, thats your meta blah... Get over it.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    First of all, World of Warcraft definitely had it's share of imbalance in Arena and I earned my shoulders and weapon so I played at a decently high-level. That's how the game was when I played at least. LOL. Mortal Strike with Warriors, Shadowstep Rogues had their place for a while, Frost Mages, Warlocks, Heal Druids + Warriors in 2v2 was ridiculous, etc.

We posted in your one thread about Dooku being OP and based on what I see here, is that you road the shirt-tails of the burst damage of your team pre-protection and now that it's not that good anymore you're upset. And if you want to say I don't know what I'm talking about I'll gladly post my arena payout pictures from the last couple nights and where I stand today since 4am my time. I'm definitely not a sheep, my GS is sitting at level 1 with no promotions and my RG is 6-stars by sheer luck, no effort on my part.

Your OP list?
    You mentioned RG: You can't just try and blast a character down. You have to manage your basics and specials to setup a character for a burst-down. You can't just blow through characters anymore, what's so bad about that?
    1. Dooku: This guy's dodge is a little nuts but Dooku is not OP by any means.
    2. QGJ: He has a nice toolbox to work with. His assist attack is strong but it's not OP. QGJ is fairly easy to takeout too. You can complain about Humbling Blow but there has to be some debuff in this game. There are 4 free-to-play characters with such a capability??
    3. ST Han: LOL, seriously; I don't even know what to say to this one. He's **** good but not OP.

You have to adjust your team from what you had before. Pre-patch I ran a 100% Jedi squad to top-10 all the time, top-5 usually but the patch destroyed that squad. I've adjusted, still use a couple Jedi, and back up-top.

You need to adjust your playstyle and squad to the current state of arena if you want to compete, you're old-style of play isn't going to cut it. So the former one-shot killers can't OSK anymore, that's a GOOD thing; the game was so **** boring before.
    1. Overal dmg in the game (attack, assists, bonus attacks)
    2. Speed and turn meter and stuns ( turn meter reduction...)
    3. Buff and debuff potency of squad (antitank, stealer of buffs...)

You left out Survivability (Health, Protection, Evasion) which your team is not accounting for. You can't have a team of glass cannons anymore, you're gonna have to learn to play differently. Coming here and saying "nerf this and that and insulting other players for not being good" is not going to help you.

• Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options

Game is not, on the other hand, you oh yea, you are. Why dont you farm those heroes that you think are "op" ? Games balanced and so are the most of the characters, its just non creative players that make up some team comps and everyone copies them later, thats your meta blah... Get over it.

Copying is best meta dear friend u learn on mistakes of others.
    Iam not that creative to exp clone sergang i see further hes not that good.

GL
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    J
  • Ceberus
    148 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    hey pagnyo you proven with the video that youre not trying to get a solution for your problem, why in the hell you use with ig88 his ae, this was the first mistake what you have done. power up the enemy team. :D
    Second on your first attack with poggle you could try block Han`s taunt was to a big fail, even bigger.

Use your Brain Boy or get beaten.
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Ceberus wrote: »
    hey pagnyo you proven with the video that youre not trying to get a solution for your problem, why in the hell you use with ig88 his ae, this was the first mistake what you have done. power up the enemy team. :D
    Second on your first attack with poggle you could try block Han`s taunt was to a big fail, even bigger.

Use your Brain Boy or get beaten.[/quoteu
    Ceberus wrote: »

Use your Brain Boy or get beaten.

U wanna go out or with me or what when u say.me boy ? :D
  • Options
    so the crying is for a top 10 player on his/her server and he's saying his team is nerfed LMFAO, what a ****.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    MythLore wrote: »
    so the crying is for a top 10 player on his/her server and he's saying his team is nerfed LMFAO, what a ****.

He's just mad that he can't roll his nose across his phone's screen and one-shot everybody with 86 and GS anymore. Oh NO....
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is so far from the truth.

1. Dooku got nerfed to the ground. He got a damage reduction, he no longer counters the assisting character on assist attacks. If a tank has taunted they eat all the counters, this makes AOE more viable now. Yes his lead is annoying but he is nowhere near OP. Once the evasion is fixed for all evasion leads Dooku will disappear.

2. QGJ is far from OP. Not only is he squishy, but recently he got a damage reduction, so he is a glass without the cannon. He is now formally a utility character so you can’t compare IG-86 or GS just because they all have call in assist abilities. IG-86 can crit for over 10K easy. And GS didn’t get a damage reduction, also has far more health than QGJ.

3. ST Han was next to useless pre-update because he has such low health for a tank. Now he is usable but nowhere from OP. He only makes his team gain TM when he gets while his taunt is up. His taunt can easily be dispelled or he can be stunned/ability block to prevent him from taunting.

Right now no one is OP. Why do you think the top 10 teams are completely different and have no consistency now. I run a full F2P Jedi squad and can take top ranks, I’m one of the very few Jedi teams I see in the top 100’s. In top 10 I have seen, nighsisters, Rebels, Clones, Droids, Ewok sect.

In regards to your team I think Han is a better option for a tank, combined with HK lead you will get to attack an insane amount! Also how could you not run Poggle on a droid team!?!?!?!!?!?!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Options

1. Dooku got nerfed to the ground. He got a damage reduction, he no longer counters the assisting character on assist attacks. If a tank has taunted they eat all the counters, this makes AOE more viable now. Yes his lead is annoying but he is nowhere near OP. Once the evasion is fixed for all evasion leads Dooku will disappear.

2. QGJ is far from OP. Not only is he squishy, but recently he got a damage reduction, so he is a glass without the cannon. He is now formally a utility character so you can’t compare IG-86 or GS just because they all have call in assist abilities. IG-86 can crit for over 10K easy. And GS didn’t get a damage reduction, also has far more health than QGJ.

3. ST Han was next to useless pre-update because he has such low health for a tank. Now he is usable but nowhere from OP. He only makes his team gain TM when he gets while his taunt is up. His taunt can easily be dispelled or he can be stunned/ability block to prevent him from taunting.

Right now no one is OP. Why do you think the top 10 teams are completely different and have no consistency now. I run a full F2P Jedi squad and can take top ranks, I’m one of the very few Jedi teams I see in the top 100’s. In top 10 I have seen, nighsisters, Rebels, Clones, Droids, Ewok sect.

In regards to your team I think Han is a better option for a tank, combined with HK lead you will get to attack an insane amount! Also how could you not run Poggle on a droid team!?!?!?!!?!?!

Senaible answer.
    Han is great iam exping hom but boy or girl or whatever u are.

I will be nostradamus right now. You gonna be top one. U get it bro.
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    Options

Senaible answer.
    Han is great iam exping hom but boy or girl or whatever u are.

I will be nostradamus right now. You gonna be top one. U get it bro.

Alrighty then...
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Alexcloudsurfer
    89 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Great. Cry, cry, cry, cry. Nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf. Actually, the characters you mentioned aren't OP. They are strong, but can be dealt with extremely easily. STHan is so squishy, I'm never going t older him get a turn. He can be taken out before he moves with a little bit of speed damage on you team. "Dooku hits as hard as rey". Ummm, OK. You just keep thinking that. Dooku took a hard hit recently and is no way near as good as he used to be. He is once again balanced and can be dealt with very easily. QGJ is a fantastic character, I agree. He can also be dealt with very easily with the right set up due to his low survivability.
    Before you reply to this, please rethink your statement of "I am not offensive, crying, or anything else." You clearly are. You are saying the following characters are too good, I can't be bothered to farm them; nerf them. For crying out loud, how many of these threads are we going to get before I start crying for a nerf of the original posters of these. It's utterly ridiculous and needs to stop. How would you feel if you poured everything into dooku' hard nodes to get him to 7* (and not using his cantina node), to find he is rendered useless because of someone like you complaining.
    Can this thread now be closed? Thank you.

U probably dont know tha game history u dont want to see reality and clearly see no future. You are sheep probably.

Do u know that drois are weaky chars and gs is also weak ?
    Do u know something about game balancing ? There are 95 % of chars absolutely useles after armor update. Look more further...

GS is not weak, he is on my arena squad and I think he is definitely my strongest player, doing the most damage If you want a good competitive team i'd say maybe not to focus on the droid team, They had their time to shine, but the droids can't always be the strongest team available, then everyone would get droids. It honestly sounds like you are just mad about your arena rank going down. Thats Because the droids were so OP you were used to being at the top all the time. Now that you can't instantly kill off players with IG 86's double shot, and GS's double attack, you are all hurt
  • Options
    Just so you know my team is top 5 every day, sometimes number 1 if I really focus on the timing =) hope that gives u inspiration to build a good team that's not revolved around winning on each of your characters first attacks!! cuz that is too op!!
  • Skammadix
    207 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone has sand in their Pagyna.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Skammadix wrote: »

**** :D dying

Edit: omg with F :/
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Skammadix wrote: »

Made my day lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Pretty sure I have an annoying team.

7M1KxZj.jpg
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options

7M1KxZj.jpg

That Rex made me hard.
  • Options

7M1KxZj.jpg

That Rex made me hard.

lol

He was the the product of low level whaling over the months. Sun Fac...was not low level whaling. He ended up being like $300 in one day because I had to finish him. Stupid brain. Rex benefited from that Sun Fac lapse in judgement though.

• wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Guys. Look little upon what u doing and look closely in top ten. U not gonna find squad without QGJ Dooku and ST. If they dramaticly not change the game. These squads will be steretype of all players. Others will be buried.

I don't run any of the three. Top teams on my server run 1 or 2 at most.

Dooku seems to be falling out of favor. I'm seeing very few Dooku leads now.
    QGJ is a great utility character, but it's offset by squishiness and the computer doesn't really use him well on defense.
    STH is pretty good, but I wouldn't call him OP by any means. DPS should be able to cut through him pretty fast if you don't have a dispeller.
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Droids, without a doubt, got better with the update. They're more survivable and I can still one-shot any dps character. They have enough Aoe to mostly ignore taunts. RG is the only thing that's ever given me trouble, besides bad RNG. I don't know what made you decide droids got worse, but I can assure as someone who has run full droids since the game was released that this update helped them. I do wish they'd buff GG, though. You know how long it takes to get him ftp? It's a **** pain. Also, yes, that Rex is beautiful