Galactic War too challenging feedback

13Next

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Hey what do you know, it's another Galactic War sucks thread.... CG John Selera already commented that the team is looking at GW to see what options they have in another thread. I imagine it's going to take some time to adjust to make it more manageable for a mobile app game. Do the best you can in the meantime.

I suggest the Cheerios without the urine in them for tomorrow morning.

Cool, I'll ask your old lady to make them for me that way then.

She doesn't make them without it. Good luck though.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Hey what do you know, it's another Galactic War sucks thread.... CG John Selera already commented that the team is looking at GW to see what options they have in another thread. I imagine it's going to take some time to adjust to make it more manageable for a mobile app game. Do the best you can in the meantime.

LMAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! @Telaan That's hilarious! Still no word on Anakin FOTP or the supposed other characters they're looking into. How typical of them. Any luck on a furnace yet, still haven't seen one myself.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »

LMAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! @Telaan That's hilarious! Still no word on Anakin FOTP or the supposed other characters they're looking into. How typical of them. Any luck on a furnace yet, still haven't seen one myself.

Still no for all of that lol. Only 19 minutes from another let down of a refresh.
  • Options
    GW takes entirely too long with the protection changes. Your first couple teams run out of protection within a round or two then everyone you face is fresh with it. Just causes it to take forever, especially if you get stuck on one battle for a while.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Still no for all of that lol. Only 19 minutes from another let down of a refresh.

How ridiculous, been asking about these characters since April 25th, what happened to more updates coming? @CG_JohnSalera @Telaan We do not take this kindly. #ReverseTheNerfs.

PS. Where are the MK 5 CEC Furnaces??
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    My secret to GW is this

Max power:

GW Power:

Arena Power:

M6YxyDy.jpg
  • PyroPuff
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Guys let's focus on the real issue which is GW takes way too long. It needs to be shortened or sped up somehow. I think reducing the number of fights in half would help people win plus make it quicker. Then people might actually do it aND maybe even have fun lol
  • Options
    I don't think I've lost a GW one time since hitting level 60 (which was the max at the time). That being said, I've just quit out on it or not even bothered to start it plenty times because of it taking far too long for the level of reward being provided. "The juice isn't worth the squeeze."

It's a big chore and it's not fun. Kill protection in GW.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think I've lost a GW one time since hitting level 60 (which was the max at the time). That being said, I've just quit out on it or not even bothered to start it plenty times because of it taking far too long for the level of reward being provided. "The juice isn't worth the squeeze."

It's a big chore and it's not fun. Kill protection in GW.

If the juice isnt worth the squeeze, you should be asking for more juice instead of less squeeze.

I already find GW easy enough, but would not be opposed to more rewards, especially Omegas.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Frankly i don't think GW should be sortened, i like to play the way it is.
    But they must make it easier again, for sure EA leveled up difficulty since last week update.
  • _Wong64
    233 posts Member
    Options
    I finish it Daily
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Zero sympathy here... If you can't complete GW, you're doing it wrong.

With rapid-fire GW completions during the May the 4th event, I actually took note of the amount of teams that must have *horribly* failed their GW's and not because of level, but squad composition.

Stop relying on pure speed / damage
    I have no gear IX toons and complete it almost every day. Good synergy keeps your team alive a lot longer. Healers are crucial. So is playing on the teams weaknesses. Having a deep bench isn't always about numbers to throw at them but more about skills to use. Ewok team with Phasma add, NS team with Ahsoka lead, and Jedi team all play their part in my GW. Some teams just fare better than others.

People continue to say this like it's true. I posted a perfect example above you of how it unfortunately, simply, flat out, is false. If none of those sub par non-meta teams work well in arena they won't work well versus seven consecutive arena teams while also contending with no protection, cool downs, etc.

Believe me, I wish what you said was universally true. It's just not.

*chuckle* "subpar" teams... GW and arena are two different beasts and the reason why a lot of people cry about GW is because they treat it like it's just 12 arena matches back to back.

A good arena team looks different than a good GW team, albeit sometimes not by much.

That team wouldn't bother me much at all, really. There's no heavy hitters on that team and no anti-healing. It's a long, drawn-out match and it'll be kinda boring, but it's far from impossible.

• GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    Options

People continue to say this like it's true. I posted a perfect example above you of how it unfortunately, simply, flat out, is false. If none of those sub par non-meta teams work well in arena they won't work well versus seven consecutive arena teams while also contending with no protection, cool downs, etc.

GW is about strategy, not just killing power. I win daily on two level 76 F2P accounts with no problem at all. Rarely have to dip below my starting 5 characters, unless I do it just to mix things up for fun. I don't use healers on my arena teams, but I use Lumi and JC on one account for GW (along with GS, IG-86, and QGJ or Sid), and Barriss and JC on my other account (along with IG86, IG88, and GS). If you play with the goal of having your characters finish each fight at full health and with all cooldowns refreshed, you'll win every time. An occasional retreat is needed in the event the RNG goes against you, but I haven't run into a scenario I couldn't beat since I was very new to the game.

I do agree with what others have said that since protection was introduced, it takes far too long to finish now. I usually just do it while watching a game or while on dull calls for work. I don't think it's gotten harder, but it does take a long time to do.
  • Hedgehog
    61 posts Member
    Options

They say they're looking at a lot. They've had to fix it how many times already? Why not get it right the first time and leave it at that?

Well, Mr. Perfect, maybe you should join the CG team so you can always get it right the first time. You've never made a mistake and had to go back and correct it, ever? Get a grip.
  • Options
    dvl009 wrote: »
    retreat a bunch of times and try to change ur course of actions

This so much. Learn the RNG
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »

GW is about strategy, not just killing power. I win daily on two level 76 F2P accounts with no problem at all. Rarely have to dip below my starting 5 characters, unless I do it just to mix things up for fun. I don't use healers on my arena teams, but I use Lumi and JC on one account for GW (along with GS, IG-86, and QGJ or Sid), and Barriss and JC on my other account (along with IG86, IG88, and GS). If you play with the goal of having your characters finish each fight at full health and with all cooldowns refreshed, you'll win every time. An occasional retreat is needed in the event the RNG goes against you, but I haven't run into a scenario I couldn't beat since I was very new to the game.

I do agree with what others have said that since protection was introduced, it takes far too long to finish now. I usually just do it while watching a game or while on dull calls for work. I don't think it's gotten harder, but it does take a long time to do.

What was the point in quoting me? It's like your reply was to a totally different person. How many GW have you consecutively completed? What's your arena power?

I'm going to guess that you haven't completed more than 150 GW like I have or that your arena power is probably not 35k+.

Sorry about the snarky response, but I think I've got GW down by now. I've completed GW more consecutive days than many here have been playing the game. I've seen every iteration and change to the game mode. At absolutely no point did I even allude to being unable to complete it. The part I bolded in your reply goes back to my original point in this thread is that you are playing a totally different game than me at this point.
    Powda wrote: »
    There's no heavy hitters on that team and no anti-healing.

I lol'd. You know you're trolling when you claim a 7* Leia isn't a heavy hitter. I'm interested hearing your other insights in this game. :|
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    a couple of guild members had been complaining about the difficulty jump in the GW... until yesterday I had wondered what the heck they were talking about... I hadn't had an issues until yesterday and then upon hitting level 77... bam... the last half of the GW was like on steroids... I was losing members of my roster left right and center... I hadn't lost that many prior to the retreat change many months ago...

Whatever they have done... let me tell you if you haven't seen it yet... please don't comment because literally you will look a utter fool when you encounter the difficulty jump... trust me it's real...

Prior to me hitting 77 at most I may lose one team through the entire GW, usually only a member or two... However the past two days I have easily lost over 15 lvl 70+ purple geared toons by the time I reached the 10th node, never mind the end!

My 6th 9th and last 3 are mostly those nightmare teams of rg,daka,rey,gs,leia etc.. Top arena teams and im lvl77 myself. The thing is i have 4 squads(3 at70 and 1 at 77)
    So usually my D-squad can get me to node 5-7 so halfway trough with 3 good teams left, my bench is making it relatively easy for me, but i can see ppl who only use 1 squad can get into trouble.
    Also i think i might be lucky with my rng bc even if the opponents are tough i still get trough every single day.
    Have jc,lumi,barris and daka pretty much maxed helps alot also ;)

I been playing since Dec 2015 and my roster though not as strong as some whales, it still isn't something most people will consider weak. I rotate members in and out...

Like I said I had wondered why my guildees were struggling at first.. like you I thought it was probably just bad luck. Literally the GW has returned to the what it was like prior to the retreat change... nodes 8, 9 and 10 literally require you to burn a solid team on each node just to get past and only after weakening them... As I said this results in me losing over half my good characters.. Pretty much by the time I have made it to node 11, over 30 of 60+ characters are down!

A single team of RG, Old Daka, QGJ, Rey and Yoda all lvl 77 and purple gear 9 or better trounced two of my secondary teams on that node 8 (FO team and Ima GUn lead Jedi team, all lvl 70+ most are actually 77). I don't use my primary team which is capable of beating this group with some losses, which can be significant... but will leave me close to unable to beat a similar squad later if I am to encounter the very same team

So trust me I am not using one squad... and I was like many here, dismissing the difficulty jump many of my guildees were talking about until I hit the difficulty myself.. and I felt like a right **** when I was faced with it!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    I do not get the fuss with GW for so many people. I am going on 53 in a row, I may have to retreat on occasion or blow a couple suicide squads but I typical have little issue finishing it everyday. i run:

A Team:
    Yoda 6* G9
    QGJ 7* G8
    Lumi 7* G8
    JC 7* G8
    The Big Furball 7* G8

B Team:
    Sid 6* G8
    Phasma 7* G8
    Mace 7* G7
    Eeth 7* G7
    Vader 4*(he is tanky enough it works) G7

Have a mixed squad of replacements consisting of a 7* teebo, 6* ashoka, 5* st han, 5* barriss plus the normal junky suicide squads.

I rarely peel through the replacements much less the B squad. I finished yesterday with my B squad to see how they would do against a seemingly better team. Passed with flying colors.

I am level 76, I only purchased the ewok packa and thats it. Yoda and healers prove themselves to be invaluable for me.

• Options
    I beat 6 or 8 nodes pretty reliably and occasionally manage 10 for another 200 of the GW currency. Never finished it, but since I only have 1 6*, 5 5*, and maybe 15 4* I don't expect to any time soon.
  • GruyloRen
    206 posts Member
    Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »

What was the point in quoting me? It's like your reply was to a totally different person. How many GW have you consecutively completed? What's your arena power?

I'm going to guess that you haven't completed more than 150 GW like I have or that your arena power is probably not 35k+.

Sorry about the snarky response, but I think I've got GW down by now. I've completed GW more consecutive days than many here have been playing the game. I've seen every iteration and change to the game mode. At absolutely no point did I even allude to being unable to complete it. The part I bolded in your reply goes back to my original point in this thread is that you are playing a totally different game than me at this point.

I quoted you because I was responding to what you posted in response to someone else, calling out their statement as categorically untrue. I posted my experience, which is that you need a different team than your arena team, and if you play smart, you'll nearly always win pretty easily with a team that wouldn't fare well in arena. Glad to hear your strategy works for you, but your way isn't the only way.

I have better things to do than count the number of times I've consecutively beaten GW, but I don't think I've failed to complete more than two in the past few months on two different accounts. My arena power on my stronger account is 31k. The highest I've ever faced is 32.5k, and I finish in the top 10 almost every day on that server.

Pretty sure we're playing the same game. We're just playing it differently.
  • Options
    I run it one team in around 20 minutes now, just takes time to build your team.
    Ackbar
    Lea
    Lando
    RG
    Elder
  • Options
    I've said this before... To the holier than thou who say they succeed, you are not everyone else, and you do not know what these other people are playing with. You don't know if they are lower level. You don't know how difficulty is determined though it is documented that the old gw difficulty glitch is in fact still not fixed. You don't know if they are ftp and have only been able to max their arena team, and are at a massive and unconquerable disadvantage as gw completion is necessary for the resources to improve teams. Just because YOU may have been able to get to a good spot, does NOT mean the majority of the playerbase is in YOUR shoes

As an example, I started in February as a distinctive whale. Within a few weeks my arena power was up in the low 20k's, and after five wins in gw in a row, I was hit with the gw glitch, and was unable to beat gw til 3 days before protection dropped. As soon as protection happened I was back to being able to beat gw maybe 20% of the time, even with a DEEP bench. The glitch is still very real, and gw is still based at least in large part on highest team power in an arena win. I know because I've been sandbagging arena for over a month since I found out about that fact, and yet even now with my arena team being as low as I can keep it and still be viable, I hit 27k team power and went from getting to the last few nodes to being unable to beat even half of gw.

My point in all of this is that if you are a person who has little difficulty with gw, don't act like a **** and imply the person doesn't know what they are doing, or even worse end at bragging about your gw skill. Instead. Acknowledge the absurd gw difficulty experienced by the majority and either help get gw overhauled or at least give some CONSTRUCTIVE advice
  • Options
    I've said this before... To the holier than thou who say they succeed, you are not everyone else, and you do not know what these other people are playing with. You don't know if they are lower level. You don't know how difficulty is determined though it is documented that the old gw difficulty glitch is in fact still not fixed. You don't know if they are ftp and have only been able to max their arena team, and are at a massive and unconquerable disadvantage as gw completion is necessary for the resources to improve teams. Just because YOU may have been able to get to a good spot, does NOT mean the majority of the playerbase is in YOUR shoes

As an example, I started in February as a distinctive whale. Within a few weeks my arena power was up in the low 20k's, and after five wins in gw in a row, I was hit with the gw glitch, and was unable to beat gw til 3 days before protection dropped. As soon as protection happened I was back to being able to beat gw maybe 20% of the time, even with a DEEP bench. The glitch is still very real, and gw is still based at least in large part on highest team power in an arena win. I know because I've been sandbagging arena for over a month since I found out about that fact, and yet even now with my arena team being as low as I can keep it and still be viable, I hit 27k team power and went from getting to the last few nodes to being unable to beat even half of gw.

My point in all of this is that if you are a person who has little difficulty with gw, don't act like a **** and imply the person doesn't know what they are doing, or even worse end at bragging about your gw skill. Instead. Acknowledge the absurd gw difficulty experienced by the majority and either help get gw overhauled or at least give some CONSTRUCTIVE advice

Sadly I have to put this so as not to offend feelings... This post doesn't apply to those that try to truly help
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    GW is trivial with Barris and RG.
    Barris lead, QG, Rey, RG, GS. If this team can't auto through a node I retreat and the B team goes in to complete the tough mode with full protection. Phasma, lumi, fives, RP, savage.

When I read this, I really don't understand ... After two or three fights, you don't have any protection up, right ? After the middle of the war you begin to fight really good teams, with powerful toons and synergy, right ?. Teams with Rey or Leia who can one shot any of your toons (except RG). Or Dooku + Daka teams that will stun 3 of your toons. Or assist team that will blow away one or two of your toons in the first round ... (Hi 86, Five, GS and Phasma)

I can finish my GW everyday, but it's far far from being auto win. I have to retreat several times, adjust my team, and at the end I have about 5/10 dead toons. And of course I have well-geared Barris and RG. GW is hard for me. I like it like that. But what kind of teams are you fighting so that you can say : "Just get Barris and RG and you'll auto your GW." It must be really realy different for you than for lots of us.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, another " LOOKT AT ME I beat GW everyday on auto without losing a toon in 15 minutes and I'm f2p lol l2p git gud therefore your argument/concern is unvalid" thread.

Gotta love those.
  • Manicmouse
    65 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    Ah, another " LOOKT AT ME I beat GW everyday on auto without losing a toon in 15 minutes and I'm f2p lol l2p git gud therefore your argument/concern is unvalid" thread.

Gotta love those.

I love people's assumption that long term playing F2P players can't complete GW every single day. Just farm your Barris and get some cannon fodder :)

Edit: the auto stuff is rubbish though!!
  • EnderU
    103 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    From node 7 on now all I get is level 78-80 maxed Arena teams, often 5 out of 6 in a row with RG, and with up to 5 Omega characters.

No matter the RNG, no matter how many suicide teams, no mayyer the combinations, facing 3, 4, 5 or 6 maxed RG teams in a row all with protection means I generally lose 1-2 or more toons each time, no matter how I replay it.

Complete joke. Getting to the end always takes an hour plus absolute minimum, every day.

In over 2 1/2 hours, I still couldn't finish tonight....once again.

Just too frustrating to keep on going, over and over.

Even the non RG teams are tough:

Node 7:

Node%207_zpsqxizua6m.png

Node 9:

Node%209_zpscoxrqody.png
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Manicmouse wrote: »
    OwexBaill wrote: »

Gotta love those.

I love people's assumption that long term playing F2P players can't complete GW every single day. Just farm your Barris and get some cannon fodder :)

Edit: the auto stuff is rubbish though!!

Nice accusation. I beat GW almost everyday as f2p. This has nothing to do with the people that are only here to brag about being "good" at this "game". Disregarding the concerns of some users.
  • Options
    When i was 50-60 it was hard, i have 3 day or nearly weeks of not completing it at all because i don't have any healers and dps, i only have Lumi and JC.. i'm 76 closing to 77 and i'm on my 80th run, Thanks to Daka and Barriss oh i nearly forgot the almighty GS!

The new update made GW tougher but not impossible to beat, it takes me an hour to finish GW too much for a mobile game i suppose