List your top five/ten "to kill first!"

Skye
795 posts Member
edited January 2016
I'm kinda interested to see what people's thoughts are when in the arena and galactic war, in terms of target priority... Top 5 should be suffice if you don't want to list your top 10...

Here are mine and the reasoning behind where they are...

1. Ewok Elder - this little dude has a dedicated revive skill, thus unlike Old daka he can revive the very first person you defeat... be it Lando, Leia or which ever else glass cannon you can think of. Fortunately he has rather low health and can often be taken out by a fast and strong hitting damage dealer. Additionally his heal will remove all debuffs you put on his team. It's very rare to see him used in the Arena or GCW, probably in part because his heal is weaker than Old daka, but he can be a much faster healer due to turn meter procs
2. Old Daka - In some ways you could argue she is more of a threat than the Elder, but unlike the elder her revive isn't as reliable. However her stun can be a bit of a nuisance on her own, but coupled with Phasma as a leader she can be very deadly at holding down much of your team if the RNG isn't in your favor
3. Lando - Left unchecked he will reduce your team to nothing in a turn or two... You can more or less assume his AOE will critical on at least two people and reset the cooldown and he'll just keep using it.. And each time it just gets stronger and stronger.. 75% of the time he can be downed before his first AOE.
4. First Order Tie Pilot - This guy has the potential to take out even the biggest health bar on the table. Generally very low health and can be taken out quickly and easily. Leave him out long enough for him to gain his advantage buff, then prepare to lose people from your team until he is downed, that's how hard he can hit and he can actually hit you three times on his basic. His basic hits like a truck... if he has any teammates that can call an ally e.g. Aalya, Qui-Gon, etc... his threat level to your team skyrockets
5. Leia - this is when it gets a wee bit hard, cause the current consensus is her offense buff is bugged. so if this is fixed she will probably drop down in priority... Certainly below a lot of healing immunity debuffers
6. Sidious - His healing immunity debuff its the primary reason I have him rated here.... Unlike many other healing immunity debuffers, this is on his basic and at 100% assuming it isn't resisted or dodged. If he goes around hitting more than one of your team members, you might as well leave all your healers at home. He's also rated quite high because everytime someone dies, he has a chance to gain turn meter as well as heal himself. Can be hard to defeat if you have a Jedi heavy team
7. IG-88 - This dude comes very close to Lando in sheer damage output. Not only that his aoe has a chance of applying an ability lock, his basic has a chance at applying healing immunity. Leave him up too long. Your team may not be able to do a whole lot for very long
8. Poe Dameron - I've not encountered this guy much, but the reason he's in my top ten is primarily because of his taunt.. His taunt has a chance stick an expose on all of your team for two turns, this the next attack on them will remove 20% of their health on top of the attack damage. In addition he will remove some of your turn meter and his basic attack has a chance of reducing the offense of his target... HIs AOE can also slow you down by taking away turn meter giving his team a slight advantage which can easily move you from being offensive to defensive in your decision making.
9. Poggle - Generally I won't be able to take him out in one turn before he gets off his offense buff and is part of the reason why I don't rate him higher... That buff can make a mediocure team quite devastating. Last thing you want is him buffing someone like Darth Maul or Lando.
10. Luke - This one is a tough one as its between luke or maul... Both bring different things. I choose Luke primarily if he doesn't kill one of your team members he can easily bring them very close to death. Given his chance to buff his criticals, his damage output can easily overmatch your teams healing. Even if he doesn't kill anyone he can stun members of your team fairly frequently

I doubt everyone will have the same kill priority as me... so what's yours and the reasoning behind it?

Notable other mentions

Finn - This guy I've only faced one but was enough to make realise he's quite a strong tank. lots of health, can stick expose on your team and stun a fair number of your team if you leave him til later.

Dooku - He doesn't make my top ten simply cause I don't run that many Jedi and that is when he is at his most devastating. His counter attack can be farily easily neutered by someone who can stun him... e.g. Cad Bane, Old Daka etc

Maul - Like Dooku, he goes from being average to extremely dangerous if you are running a jedi heavy team. His kill priority can shoot up into my top ten easily if he is supported by a lot of AOE characters that are faster than him, as he will clean up shop afterwards due to his slower speed. Once he gets going, he's pretty much unstoppable cause after a third kill, he starts healing himself on hit if he has unique ability levelled up.
Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
Post edited by Skye on

Replies

• Options
    1 - DPS (FOTP, Leia, Lando, IG-XX)
    2 - Healers (Luminara, Daka, JC)
    3 - Rest
  • Options
    1. Dakka and ewok eldar. Can't have the dead popping back up.
    2. Ig88 and Sid. I only normally get one heal off before Talia dies and its needed.
    3. Then the snipers. Though I'm still learning which ones are the major issue.

• Options
    I usually kill cannons like TP, DM, 88, etc first

Next is Sid and/or Dooku

Then Lumi + utility (phasma, etc.)

I find that if I can avoid the healing debuffs and any blockers I do fine (after the cannons)

Tanks, Barriss, etc last.
  • Options
    1. Revive characters (Daka, ewok elder)
    2. Dps with Low health (tie pilot, 88)
    3. AOE heavy characters (maul, lando etc)
    4. Sidious (if my team has only Lum/1 Jedi)
    OR Luminara (if I'm using JC/Lum cause sidious will just evade all their attacks)
    6. Utility (Phasma)
    7. Dooku
    8. Tanks

• Options
    1. Stun the most troublesome (Leia Lando etc)
    2. Kill the squshiest first (Dooku ig88 JC)
    3. Leave the ones that gains heals after death 2nd to last.
    4. Old ben.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is a loaded question really as there is not a correct answer. Kill order is dependant on the type if team u run and type u face.

I generally run a healer/counter team to solid success. My team is based on fast damage (not heavy damage but fast damage) and healing through damage recieved. So for me, kill order is..............

1) Sidious (his heal debuff disrupts my teams strategy) ~kylo seems not as effective or as much a threat in the heal debuff category~
    2) Lumi (shes a pwerhouse that heals strongly, cant leave a toon alive that multitasks effectivly)
    3) healers
    4) glass cannons
    5) supports
    6) tanks
    7) bariss

Thats almost always my kill order depending on my opponets composition with little deviation even then.
  • Options
    There is no set answer, it depends who I am running and who I am facing.

if I am running my Jedi team anyone with anti-Jedi skills is a must (Bane,Maul etc)
    If I am running high damage, healers go first.

Etc..

Even then it gets situational, for example:

If the opposite team has lots of debuffers and a Vader, Vader is a must to die quick.
    The opposite goes for if I am running debuffs and they have an Akbar. (He must die.) etc.
    If the are running Old D and Ewok Elder the two have to die, EE and then OD most likely.

Every match is different, you have to assess and decide, it's what makes the game fun.

• Options
    I usually go

Glass canons
    Sid
    Stunners
    Healer
    Tank
  • rocknroll64
    322 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    daka maul 88 86 sid lando leia ahsoka, then healers(aside from barrass), then everyone else(including barrass)

the only reason i put ahsoka in there is after she gets a kill she gets evation up bassically the rest of the match. i have blown 5 attacks in a row on her all missing. it cost me the match. maybe it was luck or her base evation is high as well(even tho it says 0). just an explaination since most wont agree with that part.
  • Options
    I generally always focus the weakest healer first, however if that healer has resurection abilities they take precedence (eg. Old Daka, Ewok Elder)

After that I generally focus on Sidious because of his healing debuff
    Dooku is next because of his counterattack and bonus attacks
    After that heavy debuffers and buffers like Tarkin, Captain Phasma, Poggle the Lesser, etc. BUT never Old Ben
  • Options
    Any anti-healer! My team relies on my lumi and consular. 1 anti-heal and my team might be done...
  • Options
    1. Darth Maul
    2. FOTP
    3. Luminara
    4. Weakest in the team in terms of health
    5. Ig88 or Daka

Usually Bariss And Chewie Last
  • Options
    Great thread. I fully agree although revive chars are less of threat to me than chars that do 15k damage in their turn, like a 7* FoTP.

image.jpg

Which order would you kill them? Which chars would you bring here? This team has 3 of the top 5 dangers, but the 4th is a Taunter and the 5th Qui Gon ensures they get two turns before tou finish you first. Leia goes stealth the moment the fight starts, Qui Gon calls an Ally next, and then you have 2 chars attacking right before Han taunts.
  • Options
    Great thread. I fully agree although revive chars are less of threat to me than chars that do 15k damage in their turn, like a 7* FoTP.

image.jpg

Which order would you kill them? Which chars would you bring here? This team has 3 of the top 5 dangers, but the 4th is a Taunter and the 5th Qui Gon ensures they get two turns before tou finish you first. Leia goes stealth the moment the fight starts, Qui Gon calls an Ally next, and then you have 2 chars attacking right before Han taunts.

Well ignoring the fact that Sid is probably toast, i'd pop Sid's AOE attack to hopefully kill FOTP and Han, then next would be Leia (if stealth isn't on cool down), Genosian soldier and Qui Gon last as he probably has more HP than the previous 2.
  • Options

image.jpg

Holy crap that's a scary dps team
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have done the AoE, and my Sid is 7 max gear and ability 6 AoE. But notice how that FOTP is like 10k HP. Sid can do like 3k if he crits, then 7k more to go. Remember Han taunts rather quickly too. And when that happens, you slow yourself down by activating Hans turn meter manipulation, 5% each time you hit at 25% chance * 5 chars * 5 times you need to hit him to knock him down. Before anything starts you see Leia go stealth and buff each and everyone with 4 advantages....in the pic only 2 remain but there where 20 advantages at first move in turn 1.
  • Options
    I'm stuck on DS Hard 6-B because of the level 66 purple gear Ewok Elder boss in the final encounter that revives everyone and is too strong to take down before his friends start knocking your toons out.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options

image.jpg

Which order would you kill them?

I did it in this order: FOTP, Han, Poggle, QGJ, Leia. (re: your other thread about this team)

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I'm stuck on DS Hard 6-B because of the level 66 purple gear Ewok Elder boss in the final encounter that revives everyone and is too strong to take down before his friends start knocking your toons out.

I'm stuck in the same place, I finished with 2 stars. The Ewok Scouts can be nasty so I focus on them all the time. They always attack Talia or borrowed Daka so I can't rely on heals for long.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    1. Darth maul. I run 3 jedis that's reason enough
    2. Old daka. Her rezzes are game changers, and she stuns
    3. Tie pilot. He can one shot any team member
    4. Leia because of buff
    5. Darth sidious think everyone knows why
    6. Qgj. He hits hard, he is fast ( reasons why he is on my team ), but not a lot of health.
    7. Any healer that isn't barriss
    8. Anyone that isn't either barriss, dooku, or ct55555 as that's the last 3 I target. Ct and dookus counters is a pain, and barriss, well her attacks are weakest in game.
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I did it in this order: FOTP, Han, Poggle, QGJ, Leia. (re: your other thread about this team)
    I think that's Genosian Fighter, the one with call ally skill and the strong AoE. See the green blast in the pic?
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rey. 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I hate her! She hits so **** hard it's scary. After that it depends, I'll often try to disable healers (stun or ability block) and then go for glass cannons and other heavy hitters like Sid. I leave tanks and dooku last.
    Post edited by RonTom on
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I think that's Genosian Fighter, the one with call ally skill and the strong AoE. See the green blast in the pic?

That could be, I always confused the two units :( . I thought he had cast the offense up buff yesterday, but I could be wrong.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options

image.jpg

that's a good question. Along with some crowd control, my kill order would be Fotp, GS, by now Leia should be back but will be forced to deal with Han, Leia, QGJ.
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Bigboy2004
    259 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I kill

Daka/Ew E
    Doku/ Sid dang doku seems to always get 100 hits off on me

Healers
    Tanks/support
  • Options
    1st Kill is always Sidious, because of that Heal Immunity. He has low Health and is many times a One shoot for IG 86 and IG 88 Combo. Very Very Dangerous for my Droid Team.

2nd Healer´s

3rd Depends on the Enemy Team, but when I 86 - Ig 88 Combo is Ready again and the Enemy Team has Doku he is the next one. Low Health easy Kill, but very Dangerous for a Droid Team how longer he is alive.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    Options
    Preemo your sid is prob not the most useful person against that team with 1 Jedi and no heals, ofc I don't know who benefitted from his leadership. I think others can do more damage, unless you went for some aoe tactic to try and knock out those damage all at once.

You could try and use Assajj, if she actually gets a turn in could do some serious work (if dispel not resisted ofc lol)

Or yeah if you get heavy aoe I think you should be able to just blow them all up.

Kill order given the choice though I would go fotp first then geo.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Kills:

1) FOTP
    2) Maul
    3) Leia
    4) Daka
    5) Lando

I never see Ewok Elder but I'd probably treat him like Daka.

I have a different list for stun/ability blocks. These are guys I try to it before they trigger. Sometimes like with a FOTP team I will only try a stun if that guys already dead. But if I'm pretty sure I can take out one person and get a block in on one of these then I'll do that.

1) Poggle
    2) Poe
    3) Old Ben
    4) Phasma
    5) Bariss